Volcano, Big Island, Hawaii
Volcano Black Bamboo House
Volcano Black Bamboo House
This lovely home is tucked away on 1400 square feet in a lush, tropical oasis in the private Mauna Loa Estates. Surrounded by rainforest and just a few minutes away from Volcano Village and Volcanoes National Park, this two-bedroom home is perfect for adventurers looking for a getaway!
This home offers the perfect balance between relaxing retreat and the perfect home base for all of your adventures. This architecturally modern home was designed with large decks and Ohia posts, surrounded by a half-acre of perfectly manicured gardens and rainforest. Polished, hardwood floors run through the living room, where you’ll find plenty of plush furniture, perfect for snuggling around the beautiful antique wood-burning stove. The walls are covered in lovely original artwork from the thriving 400 plus members of the Volcano Art Center.
The living room moves easily into the kitchen and dining room, offering a quiet elegance and functionality that’s perfect for mealtimes. Gleaming granite countertops and modern appliances can be found in the kitchen, sure to help you cook everything up to perfection! The dark wooden dining table features seating enough for six.
Each bedroom provides a restful retreat after a long day of what’s sure to be an endless adventure. Both rooms offer comfortable linens and bedding that will soothe you to sleep at night.
This private paradise is completely surrounded by rainforest, and the entire property is fenced in and gated for complete security. The home itself is kept brightly lit by large skylights, but streetlights are limited due to the large telescopes across Mauna Kea observatory. On clear evenings, this is one of the best places in the world to see the stars, surrounded by absolute silence except for the calls of native birds.
Just minutes away from Volcanoes National Park and Volcano Village, this lovely home offers the perfect location for your Hawaiian getaway. Spend hours hiking through the dramatic landscape of this incredible national park, and then relax in the stunning wilderness surrounding your home. Volcano Village offers a multitude of unique shops and delicious restaurants, and the surrounding areas on the Big Island offer even more to discover.
Experience true paradise at this tropical oasis!
***Please note that the only heat source for this home is the stove, but the temperatures don't ever get cold enough for the stove not to keep you warm!
Single Family Home with 1 level
2 bedrooms, 1 bath, 1400 square feet
Queen and Twin
3 guests maximum
Hilo International Airport - ITO
40 minutes by car
Tropical rainforest views!
Activities of Interest
- Wine Country
- Volcano Winery (15 minute drive) - This vineyard produces local and delicious wines.
- Volcano Golf and Country Club (10 minute drive) - Situated on the rim of the active Kilauea volcanic crater, make you sure to take the chance to play one of the most unique courses in the world.
- Kilauea EcoGuides (4 minute drive) - Take a custom private tour of the Kilauea Volcano.
- Kazumura Cave Tours (15 minute drive) - Explore an authentic lava tube on the Big Island!
Places of Interest
- Hawaii Volcanoes National Park (6 minute drive) - This incredible park features dramatic landscapes and thrilling hiking trails.
- Punalu'u Black Sand Beach (40 minute drive) - Discover the distinct beauty of this black sand beach.
- Volcano Garden Arts (4 minute drive) - This charming art gallery brings the beauty and culture of Hawaii to life.
- Kilauea Lodge Restaurant (5 minute drive) - The cozy atmosphere of this restaurant invites you in with open arms.
- Tuk-Tuk Thai Food Truck (4 minute drive) - This food truck dishes out authentic and delicious Thai dishes.
- 40"+ TV
- Chef's Kitchen
- Espresso Machine
- High Speed Internet
- Multiple TVs
- Outdoor Grill
- Satellite/Cable TV
- Washer & Dryer
- Wireless Internet
- iPod Dock Stereo