River Run Cottage
Barnard Castle, County Durham, United Kingdom
River Run Cottage
Nestled on 1400 square feet in the picturesque English countryside, this charming one-bedroom cottage is an idyllic Yorkshire hideaway! Surrounded by a plethora of quaint pubs, intriguing shops, and stunning scenery, this traditional home presents a serene place to retreat to after a lively day in Barnard Castle.
The main sitting room in this cottage is surrounded by a mass of large, floor-to-ceiling windows, allowing for ample amount of natural light to flood the room with a soft glow. This semi-outdoor porch area is where you’ll spend most of your time, soaking up the sun and natural greenery surrounding you. The décor presents a traditional feel, but the home itself is filled with modern amenities, including a flat screen television. Curl up amongst the cozy throw pillows and enjoy the warmth radiating from the wood-burning stove during a casual movie night.
The chef of the group will feel right at home in the kitchen, a space as welcoming as it is modern! Make use of wonderful appliances and whip up a delicious meal that you and your lovely one can enjoy together. Before or after dinner, the conservatory views around the property make for the perfect backdrop to a cocktail hour.
When it’s time to drift off to sleep, the exposed stone walls of the bedroom present a dramatic and peaceful spot to do so! Equipped with a king-sized bed and soft linens and bedding, you’ll feel rested and refreshed each morning when you wake up. The bathroom is pristine, with a free-standing soaker tub and glass-encased shower. Before heading to bed, spend some time marveling at the sunset from the private balcony.
An easy five-minute walk to town, this home is situated between the Yorkshire Dales National Park and the North Pennines Area of Natural Beauty, making it an easy jumping off spot for hiking and sight-seeing. Lovely rural towns, such as Richmond, Northallerton, Thirsk, and Yarm are all very accessible for an afternoon out, not to mention the great cathedral cities of York, Durham, and Ripon. There are scenic walks stemming in all directions, and plenty of pubs, museums, and castles nearby. Make sure you see Barnard Castle, the Bowes Museum, Eddleston Abbey, and more! Fly fishers will love access to the Tees and birdwatchers need only sit still long enough to see the wonderful wealth of species that cluster around the river.
For rustic and rural serenity beyond compare, there’s no better spot that River Run Cottage!
Single Family Home with 2 levels
1 bedroom, 1 bath, 1400 square feet, 131 square meters
2 guests maximum
Newcastle Airport - NCL
1 hour and 15 minutes by car
Countryside and waterfall views!
No Pets Allowed
Not Handicap Accessible
View All Amenities
Activities of Interest
- Teesdale Alpacas (10 minute drive) - Get up close and personal with these incredible animals!
- Cross Lanes Organic Farm (6 minute drive) - You'll love the atmosphere at this organic farm shop, half farm and half charming cafe!
- North Pennines (35 minute drive) - Explore this land of heather meadows, broad valleys, and powerful rivers.
- Eggleston Hall Gardens (15 minute drive) - Walk through the lush beauty of this wonderfully landscaped gardens.
- Barnard Castle Golf Club (7 minute drive) - Play a round of golf surrounded by the striking beauty of the English countryside.
Places of Interest
- The Bowes Museum (4 minute drive) - Peruse through this nationally renowned art collection.
- Seaham (1 hour drive) - Make the trip to these stunning and rugged coastal cliffs.
- Barnard Castle (4 minute drive) - You'll be stunned by the beauty of this medieval castle.
- Egglestone Abbey (8 minute drive) - The charming ruins of this small monastery area are worth a trip.
- Middleton-in-Teesdale Fish and Chips Shop (20 minute drive) - Dine on an English classic at this charming eatery!
My husband and I enjoyed a 7 night stay at River Run in early November. I was blown away by the accommodations. The cottage is beautifully appointed with the most comfortable furnishings available. From the roomy and comfy 2nd floor master bedroom to the calming sunroom that overlooks a beautiful stretch of the river, no detail is overlooked. The host was extremely responsive and welcoming both before and during our stay. In short, we felt pampered. The town of Barnard Castle is a gem. Friendly locals, shops and an excellent variety of cuisine is just a short walk into town. Best of all, this is not a tourist town so we could melt into the fabric of life and have an authentic experience of small town life in Northern England. ”
- DVD Player
- High Speed Internet
- Multiple TVs
- Satellite/Cable TV
- Washer & Dryer
- Wireless Internet