Chateau de Balarin
Montreal du Gers, France
Chateau de Balarin
This stunning, newly renovated four-bedroom chateau extends over 5000 square feet on two levels and features elaborate balustrades as well as an authentic medieval tower.
The castle dates back to the thirteenth century and it was situated at that time in the territory of Condom, under English control. It was part of a system of small fortresses, all alike, spaced out along the border and linked to the East with the castles of Luzan, Beaumont, Larressingle, Pouypardin, Fousseries, and Goalard and connected to the West to the stronghold of Montréal.
The Chateau is L-shaped and one wing has not been renovated yet: for this reason, it cannot be accessed from the main, larger area where you will be staying.
This stunning home includes four en-suite bedrooms and it's exquisitely furnished on both floors. Brew your morning coffee in the fully equipped kitchen and enjoy it in the spacious living room as you lose yourself through the pages of your favorite novel. The South facing kitchen is a comfortable and relaxing space with lovely views of the vineyards and the Pyrenees. It also features imposing high ceilings and tall windows overlooking the terrace.
Indulge in a lazy day and take a dip in the outdoor swimming pool, and when evening comes, why not crack open a bottle of French wine and share it with your family and friends in the barbecue area outside the house.
Spend some quality time in a delightful, historical residence overlooking a peaceful valley filled with fields and leafy vines as you enjoy the absolute calm, peace, and light of the unspoiled Gascony countryside.
Please note that due to the remoteness of the location, guests will definitely need a car to get by - as public transport is almost non-existent and cabs are few and far between. The chateau is situated on a hill top at the edge of a hamlet: there are no shops in the immediate vicinities and the closest grocery store/market facility is 3 kms away.
Estate with 2 levels
4 bedrooms, 4 baths, 5000 square feet
King, King, Queen, and Queen
8 guests maximum
Toulouse-Blagnac Airport (TLS)
90 minutes by car
The idyllic countryside of the Gers!
Weekly cleaning is included. Chef available by arrangement at extra cost. Guardian on site in a separate cottage also available at extra cost.
Activities of Interest
- Wine Country
- Grottes de Fontirou (1 hour) - Thirty million years ago, nature carved out seven rooms of different shapes and colours which became the Fontirou caves. Have a drink or a picnic in the caves and play a round of mini golf with your family!
- Walibi Aquitaine Water Park (45 minutes) - Take the family out on a day trip to this theme park which caters for all ages!
- Wine tours in Gers - Take the road of the wines in the South-West and have an authentic and unforgettable experience.
- Theatre du Capitole (2 hours) - If you’re looking for some sophisticated entertainment, visiting Tolouse is definitely a good idea. This lovely French theater hosts many ballet and opera performances.
Places of Interest
- Montreal-du-Gers (10 minutes) - Take a stroll along the picturesque alleys of this pretty village in the Midi-Pyrenees region and take in the beauty of the French countryside.
- Laressingle (10 minutes) - Smallest fortified town in France, Laressingle is definitely a must-see. The defenses are almost completely intact, so the village has preserved its medieval appearance.
- Roman Villa and Museum of Seviac (10 minutes) - Marvel at Roman ingenuity and go explore this luxurious residence of the Roman Empire: Villa Séviac restores the living environment of a family of landed gentry during the fourth and fifth centuries.
- Landes de Gascogne Regional Natural Park (1 hour) - This stunning protected area is truly a perfect haven for nature-lovers: walks, sport, art and relaxation await you.
LIving the French Chateau life in the vineyards
The week at Chateau Balarin could not have been better. The property was everything and more you would expect from a premium Third Home experience. The coup de grace was meeting and spending time with the owner, Mary. She was a delight. She went out of her way to show us around the Gers area and even treated us to lunch! We had a local chef team come in 2 nights during ur stay and they created truly enchanting evenings. We lived like royalty for a week in Chateau Balarin.”
Fantastic chateau in a great part of France
The chateau is spectacular with huge well appointed rooms. Great support from Tim the on-site manager. A beautiful part of France that almost seems undiscovered.”
- 40"+ TV
- Chef's Kitchen
- Espresso Machine
- Gated Community
- Outdoor Grill
- Outdoor Pool
- Satellite/Cable TV
- Staffed Guard Gate
- Washer & Dryer
- Wireless Internet