This massive family home is just a few blocks away from the thrilling slopes of Wintergreen Resort, featuring some of the best snow in the Mid-Atlantic. Your stunning alpine retreat offers six-bedrooms and sits on 3800 square feet overlooking magnificent mountain views. In addition to skiing, the areas surrounding your Wintergreen haven offer plenty of adventure to take advantage of, such as hiking the Appalachian Trail or playing golf.
Step inside this stunning retreat, and you’ll be met with floor-to-ceiling wood panels, accentuating the natural, mountain feel of the home. The great room extends over two floors, and features a massively tall window that allows for ample amounts of natural light to flood the space while you take in breathtaking views of the scenery in the distance. When the nights get a bit chilly, gather around the 30-foot tall stone fireplace to keep warm while the kids have some fun in the downstairs game room.
In the kitchen, take advantage of state of the art appliances and whip up a delicious, homemade meal for your family. On nights when you don’t visit some of the exquisite restaurants in town, this gourmet space offers the perfect alternative. You’ll love the gorgeous red cabinetry and sleek, pristine countertops. When dinner is served, settle down at the wooden dining table just in time for sunset, which you’ll be able to see streaming in through large windows.
With six plush bedrooms, this beautiful home sleeps 12 guests in total, making it perfect for large groups looking to experience the beauty of the mountains. The main master features a king-sized bed with a uniquely designed frame and soft, warm bedding. The master also features its own sitting area, complete with a cozy fireplace and small seating area. Each bedroom has luxurious linens, and each bathroom is polished and stacked with lovely bathroom amenities.
Wintergreen Luxury is the perfect getaway destination no matter the season! Wintergreen Ski Resort is one of the best in the northeast, with three distinct ski areas that are great for beginners and experts alike. There are three gorgeous golf courses at the bottom of the mountain, and Wintergreen has the Number One rated tennis academy in the nation. Explores will love the stupendous location, walking distance from the Appalachian Trail and a short drive away from plenty of other incredible hikes. In the summertime, head to the lake at the bottom of the mountain for swimming, fishing, and canoeing. For relaxation, the resort has an amazing spa and a state of the art fitness center.
This beautiful home is only a quick drive away from Devil’s Backbone Brewery, the best destination brewery in all of the Mid-Atlantic. The facility is a great spot for a delicious brew in the afternoon! The home itself was constructed by Steve Crandall, the co-owner and builder of Devil’s Backbone.
Enjoy an adventurous getaway to the mountains at this luxurious Wintergreen home!
THIRDHOME has partnered with VIATOR, one of the largest online destination tours and activities provider, featuring thousands of tours and activities to choose from within a global platform of exciting offerings. VIATOR is perfect for “Do It Yourself” planners to consider when seeking to book a sightseeing day tour, city spree, regional day trips, including local city happenings.
Click the link below to view VIATOR tours and activities:
Private Residence with 3 levels
6 bedrooms, 5 baths, 3800 square feet, 354 square meters
King, Queen, Queen, Queen, Full, and Bunk
12 guests maximum
Charlottesville Albemarle Airport - CHO
1 hour and 10 minutes by car
Views of the beautiful Rockfish Valley!
No Pets Allowed
Not Handicap Accessible
View All Amenities
Access to Wintergreen Resort amenities, such as tennis courts, golf, spa, etc. will come at an additional cost.
Activities of Interest
- Snow Skiing
- Wine Country
- Wintergreen Ski Resort (5 minute drive) - This amazing northeastern ski resort has amazing amenities and thrilling slopes.
- Appalachian Trail - Discover breathtaking trails and scenic views along the Appalachian Trail!
- Stoney Creek Golf Course (20 minute drive) - Enjoy the stunning layout of this championship mountain golf course.
- Virginia Blue Ridge Railway Trail (40 minute drive) - Experience the beauty of a quintessential rail trail in Virginia!
- Brewery Tour - Take yourself on self-guided tour of the amazing breweries in the area, such as Loose Shoe, Barrel House, and Wood Ridge Farm.
Places of Interest
- Lake Monacan (25 minute drive) - This lake is perfect for swimming, fishing, and water sports in the summer.
- Devils Backbone Basecamp Brewpub (15 minute drive) - This brewing company has delicious craft brews to satisfy every hankering after a hike or day on the slopes.
- Virginia Distillery Company (35 minute drive) - Try some of the award-winning spirits at this distillery.
- Mountain Cove Vineyards (40 minute drive) - This excellent family vineyard provides delicious wine and great company.
- Crabtree Falls (40 minute drive) - Take in the beauty of this striking, cascading waterfall.