The Hideaways Club - Chalet Soleil (HS)
Les Tines, Chamonix, France
The Hideaways Club - Chalet Soleil (HS)
This property is a part of The Hideaways Club and accessible to THIRDHOME members through a collaboration with HotelSwaps. The stay is for 7 days only and exchange basis is Sat-Sat (no flexibility). For requests please contact Member Experience at firstname.lastname@example.org
Tucked away in a pretty hamlet in Les Tines which lies between Chamonix and Argentière, Chalet Soleil is a traditional alpine retreat with mountain views of Mont Blanc, Les Drus and the Aiguille du Midi.
Classically beautiful and perched on the snowy heart of Chamonix, one of the oldest ski resorts in France, Chalet Soleil is a winter sports wonderland during the ski season and a superb alpine retreat in the summer.
This luxury home in Chamonix is built with traditional pine detailing, with wooden beams and a ground floor deck area from which to admire the wonderful views of Mont Blanc, Les Drus and the Aiguille du Midi.
Inside, the sitting room features a central fireplace and neutral furnishings punctuated by quirky décor, such as an unexpected mix of floral and cowhide cushions, a glass coffee table with an antler base as well as a lamp with a trunk stand. The walls are strewn with framed vintage posters of French skiing destinations , while the dining area behind the fireplace is kitted out with chairs upholstered in sumptuous jewel-toned fabrics.
The four bedrooms are big, with chequered headboards and striped curtains and the bathrooms are slick and natural stone-tiled, with Molton Brown products by the sink.
A favourite amongst experienced skiiers, the slopes at Chamonix and the 20km run starting on the Géant glacier offer stunning panoramic views of the Matterhorn, the Western Alps and across the Pointe Helbronner to Italy.
For those who aren't big ski aficionados, there are plenty of other activities to try, from tandem paragliding to dog sled driving, as well as going on board the spectacular Montenvers Railway through the mountains.
The chalet is only 4km from the centre of Chamonix’s year-round resort, close to world-renowned skiing and snowboarding, great nature walks and cycle rides, paragliding, rafting and an exceptional golf course.
In January, the world's best downhill skiers converge here for the Kandahar World Cup and throughout the year every Saturday, there's a charming market selling local crafts and produce. If you're looking for the perfect way to experience alpine elegance, then this luxury chalet in Chamonix could be the perfect choice.
Please note the exact square footage and room configuration are not available. This property is not wheelchair accessible.
PLEASE NOTE: This property is available to THIRDHOME members through a collaboration with HotelSwaps and, as such, each stay is governed by their Terms and Conditions which can be found here: https://hotelswaps.com/guest-terms-conditions-3rd-party.
If a Guest Member cancels their reservation, for any reason, there are no refunds available. Amendments to this booking are not possible.
If you have any questions about this property and weeks please email: email@example.com
By booking this property you acknowledge that you are responsible for paying any potential local city and tourism taxes related to your stay at the time of check out.
Single Family Home with 2 levels
4 bedrooms, 4 baths, 0 square feet, 0 square meters
Queen, Queen, Queen, and Queen
8 guests maximum
Genève Airport (GVA) or Lyon-Saint Exupéry Airport (LYS)
1 hr by car from GVA and 2 hrs by car from LYS
...stunning views of the most vibrant and cosmopolitan ski resort in the French Alps!
No Pets Allowed
Not Handicap Accessible
View All Amenities
Activities of Interest
- Snow Skiing
- Tramway du Mont Blanc - A classic Chamonix experience, ideal for visitors who want to admire scenery of pastures and forests as the tramway ascends to Bellevue at 1,900 meters.
- Le Brévent - Visitors can discover some of the most pristine scenery in Chamonix by taking a gondola lift and cable car ride up to Le Brévent.
- La Bergerie Restaurant - Enjoy some delicious local cuisine in a casual dining room or on a terrace that affords magnificent views of the Alps.
- Col de Balme - During summer, the Col de la Baume is covered with wide-open green pastures and colorful wildflowers. This area is ideal for a relaxing nature walk and a picnic.
- Rochers des Gaillands - About two kilometers south of Chamonix next to the Gaillands Lake, the Rochers Gaillands offer a range of climbing routes from easy to difficult.
Places of Interest
- Mont Blanc (24 mins) - One of nature's most spectacular sights, Mont-Blanc is the highest peak of the Alps and forms part of the French border with Italy. Mont Blanc reaches an altitude of 4,810 mt, so high that it is always covered in snow.
- Chamonix Village (10 mins) - Chamonix was put on the map by two English aristocrats who discovered the place in 1741. It is renowned for its upscale atmosphere and fancy boutiques.
- Mer de Glace (35mins) - One of the largest glaciers in Europe, its French name translates to "Sea of Ice," which makes sense considering the glacier spans seven kilometers in length.
- Musée Alpin (7 mins) - This museum illustrates the history of Chamonix-from the first tourists who admired the "Glacières de Savoye" (Savoy Glaciers) to the installation of cable cars and the golden era of glamorous ski resorts.
- House of Memory and Heritage (15mins) - Inaugurated in 1828, the building that was at the time called the "House of the Sisters," and was built to host a girls' school run by two sisters from the Charity of La Roche-sur-Foron.
Que du bonheur ! Happiness is here !
What a wonderful time we had. We were 4 couples of friends and stayed at the Chalet Soleil for one week. Everything was just perfect. Justine is very kind. The place was extra clean and comfortable. The view from the chalet is just incredible ! A gift of nature that we had the chance to admire every day. And we were glad to discover all the places we could go to have a nice walk or trek. Thank you very much for this wonderful opportunity. Eric Dupont & Christine Michaud”
- 40"+ TV
- Chef's Kitchen
- DVD Player
- Hot Tub
- Multiple TVs
- Wireless Internet
- iPod Dock Stereo