Iron Horse - Surf Shack Crested Butte
Crested Butte, Colorado
Iron Horse - Surf Shack Crested Butte
Don’t choose between the beach and the mountains – stay at the Surf Shack in Crested Butte! This high-end mountain getaway is situated on 1300 square feet in the exclusive community of Pitchfork, extremely close to Crested Butte’s downtown and Crested Butte Mountain Resort. With three spacious bedrooms, this stunning home offers mountain views with beach style. Say “aloha” to Crested Butte!
The open floor plan upstairs lends itself well to entertaining, with the living room, kitchen, and dining area located in one massive space. Relax in the spacious interior living room, featuring vaulted ceilings and bright, beachy colors that complement the natural light that flows in through large windows. Step through French doors and you’ll find yourself on the expansive deck, perfect for enjoying sunsets and sweeping views of Mt. Crested Butte.
As guests relax by a roaring fire in the living room, let the master chef of the group take advantage of the modern kitchen. Fully equipped with stainless steel appliances and fine cutlery, this space makes fixing meals a breeze. With so many wonderful restaurants in Crested Butte, you’ll definitely want to spend most nights out on the town, but this kitchen serves as a worthy replacement!
After a long day on the slopes, there are three bedrooms for you to choose from. The private master features a plush, king-sized bed and spacious en-suite bathroom, featuring a steam shower that will relax you completely. The first guest room has a queen-sized bed, and the third room has a twin bunk bed.
When you’re on a ski getaway, location is what it’s all about! This incredible property gives you some of the greatest access to thrilling slopes that you could ever ask for. Less than a two-minute walk away from your front door is the free mountain shuttle, which can you have on the slopes or downtown shopping in less than ten minutes. Crested Butte offers an experience on the slopes beyond compare. Mount Crested Butte Resort is highly considered one of the best, if not THE best mountain in the whole state. On Elk Avenue, you’ll find Victorian-era buildings, retro shops, and delicious restaurants. Wherever you go, you’re met with a laidback, carefree attitude that’s perfect for a mountain getaway.
With a fun island theme but just minutes from world-class skiing and outdoor activities, this cabin is special indeed!
THIRDHOME has partnered with VIATOR, one of the largest online destination tours and activities provider, featuring thousands of tours and activities to choose from within a global platform of exciting offerings. VIATOR is perfect for “Do It Yourself” planners to consider when seeking to book a sightseeing day tour, city spree, regional day trips, including local city happenings.
Click the link below to view VIATOR tours and activities:
Single Family Home with 3 levels
3 bedrooms, 2 baths, 1300 square feet
King, Queen, and Bunk
6 guests maximum
Gunnison–Crested Butte Regional Airport - GUC
35 minutes by car
Mt. Crested Butte views! Red Lady Mountain and open space from backyard.
Activities of Interest
- Snow Skiing
- Crested Butte Mountain Resort (2 minute drive) - Enjoy skiing or snowboarding down some of the best slopes in Colorado! You can also walk (10 mins) or ride free bus (10 mins) to the base area.
- Crested Butte Nordic Center (8 minute drive) - Cross-country skiing is a great way to get your thrills!
- Lupine Mountain Bike Trail - Take a leisurely mt. bike ride or hike through stunning scenery.
- The Club at Crested Butte 18-hole Golf course - (12 min drive) - Robert Trent Jones Jr. Designed course.
- Recreation path - scenic paved bike, walk, jogging path down to Crested Butte (3.5 miles)
- Fantasy Ranch Outfitters - Take a horseback ride through the incredible Colorado backcountry
- Eleven Snowcat skiing - 1st class backcountry snowcat operation, custom Wagner skis, lunch and aprés ski provided
Places of Interest
- Elk Avenue (7 minute drive) - Take in the historic buildings, boutique shops, and mountain views.
- Montanya Distillers (8 minute drive) - This rum distillery offers amazing tours and tastings.
- Crested Butte Mountain Heritage Museum (7 minute drive) - Learn a little more about the history of this charming mountain town.
- The Dogwood (8 minute drive) - This cozy miners cabin features cocktails.
Great house and location
This cute house is in a superb location, has a great kitchen and steam shower. It is quite the find!”
- 40"+ TV
- Air Conditioning
- Covered Parking
- DVD Player
- High Speed Internet
- Outdoor Grill
- Satellite/Cable TV
- Washer & Dryer
- Wireless Internet
- iPod Dock Stereo