Foster Harris House - Mountain View Room
Foster Harris House – Mountain View Room
At Foster Harris House Bed and Breakfast, guests indulge in the luxurious feel of a five diamond resort surrounded by the irrespirable charm of an intimate, historic home. During your stay at this 7000 square foot bed and breakfast, you’ll stay in the Mountain View room, complete with a queen bed and private bathroom. With panoramic views of the countryside and brimming with rustic elegance, you’re sure to have a wonderful time at the Foster Harris House.
The Mountain View room features a queen-sized bed, free standing stove, and a private bath for your use. The private bathroom is exquisite, featuring sleek glass block and marble floors along with a luxurious spa shower. In the stylish sitting room, delight in sweeping views of the Blue Ridge Mountains in the distance – truly some of the best views in the entire home! The crystal chandelier in the sitting room finishes off the regal feel of the space.
Indulge in the unparalleled experience of a stay at Foster Harris House. You’ll love the charming hospitality of this historic institution, including a four-course, gourmet breakfast every morning. As an additional option, you can pay to have a spectacular, six-course dinner every Thursday through Sunday night, prepared by the renowned chef José de Brito. You’ll love the classic design of the shared living spaces, delivered with an attention to detail and sophistication that’s incredible. Every guest will be immersed in an environment with a passion for stimulating conversation, delectable food and wine, and picturesque scenery.
The most important attraction in town is without a doubt the Inn at Little Washington. This world-renowned, three Michelin Star restaurant is literally just steps away from your front door and offers a meal you won't soon forget. Embellished in every nook and cranny, the service, food, and decor are all warm and inviting. Dine on mouthwatering dishes such as a BLT-inspired amuse-bouche with heirloom tomato gelee, or the truffle-infused tartar with morel "crabcake."
Discover a wealth of activities and adventures in the areas surrounding the Foster Harris House. In Washington proper, you’ll find renowned art galleries, plenty of boutique shops, and award-winning wineries and restaurants to visit. Spend one day on a wine tour of the area, visiting varied and delicious vineyards. If you’re in the mood for a bit of adventure, head to Shenandoah National Park or the Appalachian Trail for some hiking, or head out on a horseback riding or rock climbing excursion. You’ll have more than enough opportunity to stay occupied.
Take some time for yourself and indulge in the finer things in life at the Foster Harris House!
THIRDHOME has partnered with VIATOR, one of the largest online destination tours and activities provider, featuring thousands of tours and activities to choose from within a global platform of exciting offerings. VIATOR is perfect for “Do It Yourself” planners to consider when seeking to book a sightseeing day tour, city spree, regional day trips, including local city happenings.
Click the link below to view VIATOR tours and activities:
Single Family Home with 2 levels
1 bedroom, 1 bath, 7000 square feet
2 guests maximum
Dulles International Airport - IAD
1 hour and 15 minutes by car
A six-course, gourmet dinner prepared by José de Brito can be offered for an additional fee.
Activities of Interest
- Wine Country
- Shenandoah National Park (25 minute drive) - Extending along the Blue Ridge Mountains, you'll find plenty of stunning hiking trails in this national park.
- Little Washington Theater (3 minute walk) - A night at the theater is close at hand with this charming local offering.
- Appalachian Trail (35 minute drive) - Explore the natural beauty of this famous trail.
- Stony Man Mountain Hike (35 minute drive) - This short and pleasant hike leads to some of the best views in all of Shenandoah!
- Winery Tour - With so many amazing wineries and vineyards in the area, you'll want to hit them all!
Places of Interest
- The Inn at Little Washington (4 minute walk) - Just steps away from your Bed and Breakfast, head to this historic inn for a meal or a luxurious spa treatment.
- Little Washington Winery (10 minute drive) - This charming winery is just one of many in the area!
- Copper Fox Distillery (8 minute drive) - With delicious whiskeys, gins, and more, you're sure to have a great time tasting at this distillery.
- Tula's Restaurant and Bar (3 minute walk) - Dine on delicious, rustic New American cuisine at this Blue Ridge restaurant.
- Three Blacksmiths (8 minute drive) - Featuring an open-hearth kitchen, this local eatery serves up hearty fare in a cozy space.
- Air Conditioning
- Chef's Kitchen
- Concierge Service
- High Speed Internet
- Wireless Internet