Chèvre Shack Chalet
Chèvre Shack Chalet
The newly built Chèvre Shack Chalet with top of the line furnishings, is in the quaint town of Argentière in the Chamonix Mont Blanc Valley. Argentière is one of the highest points in the valley ensuring the best and most prolific snowfall. It also boasts the longest ski season of all the ski regions in the valley. The town is preferred by most because of its exposure to winter sunshine.
The chalet is in a cul-de-sac which makes it private and is located right next to the access point to the forest. This is ideal for hiking in the summer and provides access to the cross country skiing track in the winter. The stunning log home greets you with charm and character from the inside out. The space is open and bright with sleek hardwood floor and accents throughout. The main area offers breathtaking mountain and pine tree views that will provide the perfect setting for the entire stay.
For an all family meal, the chefs of the group will love the pristine kitchen with oversized appliances, double oven, and gorgeous granite countertops. The clean white cabinets add the perfect touches against the dark countertops and appliances.
When it’s dinner time, everyone can gather around the farmhouse table with chairs and bench to enjoy a meal together. This table comfortably seats 8 guests, and peers out through the sliding glass doors that provide beautiful views of the balcony and neighborhood.
The home boasts three bedrooms, two of which offer king beds, and the third offering a queen bed. The master offers inviting décor, linens and privacy.Relax after a long day of skiing and watch the mounted flat-screen TV as you rest for the evening. Each bedroom is en-suite for added convenience and privacy.
Chèvre Shack Chalet is ideal for families, has a large balcony and garden to enjoy in the summer sun and relax after a day exploring the mountains. On sunny winter days relax in the lavish outdoor hot tub to enjoy the outdoors during the snowfall, and stay warm as the stunning scenery encompasses you.
The village of Argentière is a short walk from the chalet and has a shop for all convenience goods and access to quality, homey French restaurants, some après-ski bars, and a pharmacy. Argentière has a train station which connects you to all the ski areas and to the Chamonix town. The train runs every 30 minutes and there is a bus service that runs more frequently.
You can also access the Grands Montets lifts by doing a relatively flat half mile walk or ski to the lifts. Grands Montets ski region is one of the highest rated slopes in Europe and is ideal for people who enjoy slightly more technical skiing. For beginners, there are other lifts nearby that allows for a slightly less difficult terrain.
The region is extremely popular with hikers and climbers alike, and extreme sports fanatics that enjoy paragliding, rock climbing, glacier skiing, ski touring and summiting of the Mont Blanc Mountain range. No matter what time of year, and no matter your skill level, or interests, Grands Montets Ski Region is perfect for you. Chèvre Shack Chalet is the perfect place to call home after an exciting and memorable day!
Private Residence with 2 levels
3 bedrooms, 4 baths, 2800 square feet, 261 square meters
King, King, and 2x Queen
6 guests maximum
Geneva Airport - GVA
1 hour and 20 minutes by car
Views of the Grand Montet Mountain Range, the peak of Mont Blanc, and Aiguille de Midi.
No Pets Allowed
Not Handicap Accessible
Optional Concierge Service for approximately $440/week.
Activities of Interest
- Snow Skiing
- Wine Country
- Chamonix Golf Club (10 minute drive) - In the summer, visit this stunning mountain course, widely considered one of the most beautiful in France.
- Les Grands Montets (5 minute drive) - Enjoy the largest and most popular mountain resort in the Chamonix Valley.
- Chamonix Hiking Routes - A plethora of majestic hikes await you in the surrounding mountain ranges.
- Chosalets Cross Country Skiing (5 minute drive) - Adventurers will jump at the opportunity to glide across these slopes.
- Richard Bozon Sports Center (15 minute drive) - With ice skating, swimming, a gym, and sauna, this is your one-stop shop for activity.
Places of Interest
- La Crèmerie du Glacier (3 minute drive) - This wooden chalet is renowned for hearty cuisine and delicious cheese dishes.
- Le Fournil Chamoniard Bakery (15 minute drive) - There's nothing better than French bread and pastries on a winter's day.
- Chamonix Town (15 minute drive) - There are a plethora of amazing boutique shops to peruse through in Chamonix!
- La Remise (5 minute drive) - Truly one of the best restaurants in town, you'll love this divine menu.
- La P'tite Verte (3 minute drive) - Their charcuterie and fondue are to die for!