Coppertop Mountain House
Coppertop Mountain House is a unique and very charming, traditional mountain ski house, with inspiring views, a lot of warmth and character. Nestled among the aspen & pine trees it offers everything you need for an unforgettable Summer or Winter vacation.
This vintage mountain home is located in Tree Haus, directly across the valley from the Steamboat ski area. It has 4 bedrooms; 4 bathrooms and will sleep 9 people. The Master bedroom has a Queen bed and large walk in closet, and is open to the living room below and it’s fantastic views. There is a 2 person sauna in the adjoining bathroom.
The second bedroom has 3 extra long twin beds. The third bedroom has a Queen bed and opens to the hot tub and quiet solitude sitting among the aspen and evergreens. The fourth bedroom has a Queen bed, a separate kitchenette, and a separate entrance if desired.
Upstairs there is a galley style kitchen with dual electric ovens. The upstairs living room provides inviting seating in front of the copper accented wood fireplace, and dramatic views of the Steamboat ski mountain. The ding room has seating for 8 adults. The downstairs family room has an 75" DVD TV, bar with seating, a commercial grade Espresso machine, and a kitchenette with countertop grill perfect for cooking up hearty mountain breakfasts for your gang while they prep for an active day in the great outdoors. There is also a full-sized foosball table and mini pool table for the young at heart. Throughout the house there are 5 TVs with DirecTV and several DVD players.
The Coppertop Mountain House is equipped with complimentary high speed Internet, 2 wood fireplaces, a gas BBQ grill, large private hot tub, and 3 large decks. The yard is huge and has swings and a play platform for the kids in the summer, and great open space to make a snow man, a sled run, or have a friendly snowball fight - let them enjoy play time, while you are enjoying a soak in the hot tub. The yard also has great views of the valley and ski mountain.
Private Residence with 3 levels
4 bedrooms, 4 baths, 3000 square feet, 279 square meters
Queen, Queen, Queen, and 2x Twin
9 guests maximum
2 Futon couches in lower family room lay flat into full size beds
Routt County Regional Airport (HDN)
30 minutes by car
Spectacular views of Steamboat Ski Area and Mt. Werner
No Pets Allowed
Not Handicap Accessible
- No events with more than 20 people attending
- Always use BOTH inner and outer fireplace screens when using the fireplaces
Activities of Interest
- Snow Skiing
- Steamboat Flyfisher - Whether you're a beginner or an expert, you'll love this fly fishing experience on the truly spectacular Yampa River.
- Snow Buddy Dog Sled Tours - Get away from the busy slopes for the day, and experience this truly unique tour through the gorgeous Dunckley Pass.
- Saddleback Ranch - Escape to Saddleback Ranch to enjoy a relaxing day of riding, working cattle and seeing some gorgeous scenery.
- Yampa River Core Trail - Follow the meandering Yampa River through groves of cottonwood trees all the way to Bear River Park.
- Howelsen Hill Ski Area - Howelsen Hill, Steamboat's best city park, has alpine, snowboarding, nordic skiing and ski jumping in the winter, and an alpine slide, hiking, biking, summer ski jumping, ball fields, tennis, and horseback riding in the summer.
Places of Interest
- Yampa River Botanic Park - Come visit this six acre gem of ponds, berms, and over 40 colorful and vibrant gardens.
- Fish Creek Falls - Clear and fresh high alpine water roars down Fish Creek Canyon, spilling over the magnificent 280-ft Fish Creek Falls, one of the most popular destinations around Steamboat Springs.
- Strawberry Park Hot Springs - Get out of the cold and into these natural mineral springs with a year-round average temperature of 104 degrees.
- Routt National Forest - This forest entails more than one million acres of wilderness, offering everything from swimming to hiking.
- Cafe Diva - All the elegance of fine dining without the stuffy atmosphere! At Cafe Diva, the food is sensational, and you truly feel at home.
- Great dining locations on Yampa St along the Yampa River
- Steamboat Ski Area and Gondola Square
- Howelsen Hill Ski Area/Mountain Biking
Steve B.February 2022
Before our trip, I had read the reviews. My perspective is a bit different. The Coppertop Chalet was exactly what we were looking for. It's not fancy, but the ol ski cabin feel, very warm and comfortable. The kitchen is well outfitted. The location in my opinion was ideal ..... not ski-in/ ski out, have to drive to the ski hill, but away from the hustle and great views of the ski hill. We enjoyed the daily outdoor spa after a long day on the hill. ”
Fred K.September 2021
This place has so much potential: it is set in a beautiful location with Floor to ceiling windows and a great view. External architecture is beautiful; however, the inside is a bit of a nightmare. The property was not clean, the dishes and all kitchenware extremely old - as well as every single other aspect of the place. The walls to the bed sheets were extremely in need of an update. This may have been the worst place I’ve ever booked and I say that intentionally.”
Joe O.June 2021
My wife and I had a very nice stay but agreed it was good that this was not the week that we hosted friends in Colorado. The floor plan is quirky at best, and better designed for a close-knit family than for a number of couples or small families to share. The master bedroom is a loft above the living room, and most of the square footage is in the home's basement, which was fine for only two people. The kitchen is a small galley kitchen and would not be good for hosting a larger gathering of extended family or friends. The home would also benefit with some updating. ”