Alta Floresta, Brazil
You are booking a double standard room only for two people in collaboration with Hotel Swaps. Cancellations and booking amendments are not possible. Upgrade options are available after booking, at an extra cost. For requests, please contact your account manager or Member Experience at email@example.com REQUESTS ARE BINDING, once accepted it cannot be cancelled.
The hotel offers some memorable experiences within this wonderful setting, with guided trips into the forest and along the river. The daily activities include walking the forest trails accompanied by experienced guides, birding and visiting local conservation and educational projects. Boating and canoeing, plus enjoying the beautiful sunrises and sunsets from the vantage point of one of the observation towers are among the outstanding memories of the guests. Others might prefer to relax on the floating deck built over the River Cristalino or take a nap in a hammock. The bungalows have comfortable beds, ample bathrooms with exclusive amenities and a natural ventilation system – and they all make use of solar water heating and bio-waste treatment. The Cristalino Lodge is ideal for people who like nature and want to be a part of the local conservation effort. It is a perfect destination for married and honeymoon couples, families or groups of friends. The lodge was presented with the World Savers Award in 2008, by Condé Nast Traveler, and was selected in 2013, by National Geographic Traveler, as one of 25 best Ecolodges in the world, due to the authentic experiences it provides, along with comfort and responsible tourism.
This accommodation contains two or three comfortable beds, a private bathroom and a ceiling fan. The decor is not as sophisticated as that of the premier rooms or bungalows, but the rooms are decorated with local handicrafts.
The Cristalino Lodge was envisioned as a private national heritage reserve.The concept is to keep the forest standing, while conducting activities related to ecotourism in the southern Amazon, a region that is recognized worldwide as one of the most important, in terms of biodiversity. Out of the original area of 700 hectares, just 2 hectares were used for the construction of the infrastructure that is today the sustainable Cristalino Jungle Lodge hotel. In 1997, the Cristalino Lodge created the first RPPN in northern Mato Grosso, to ensure its preservation in perpetuity. The reserve has grown and now covers an area of 11,399 hectares – much larger than the New York island of Manhattan and six times the area of that other Brazilian ecological paradise, the archipelago of Fernando de Noronha.
PLEASE NOTE: This property is available to THIRDHOME members through a collaboration with HotelSwaps and, as such, each stay is governed by their Terms and Conditions which can be found here: https://hotelswaps.com/guest-terms-conditions-3rd-party.
The exchange fee and Keys are only refundable in the event of cancelation by the Hotel. If a Guest Member cancels their reservation, for any reason, there are no refunds available.
PLEASE DO NOT CONTACT THE HOTEL DIRECTLY FOR THIRD HOME BOOKINGS. If you have any questions about this property and weeks (not requests) please email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Single Family Home with 1 level
1 bedroom, 1 bath, 1 square feet, 1 square meters
2 guests maximum
Alta Floresta Airport (AFL)
1h by car
Activities of Interest
- Half-day tour - The half-day tours take place each morning and afternoon. The activities include: canoeing, hiking in trails, visit to the observation towers, fauna & flora observation and boat trips.
- Canoeing - The tranquil waters of the River Cristalino are perfect for canoeing, and the hotel provides comfortable safety equipment.
- Trails - Nature hikes along the 30 km (18.5 mi) of trails within the reserve, in small groups, provide an understanding of the tropical ecosystem.
- Observation Towers - Trees in the region are very tall, with the emergent species reaching over 45 meters (145 feet), the towers provide an excellent platform for observing the birds that inhabit the forest canopy.
Places of Interest
- Serra Trail - After a quick boat ride, this trail begins with a short walk within a forest containing tall trees, then moves on to sloping land that takes visitors to the top of the highlands.
- Serra do Cacau Trail - Located near the Serra Trail, this trail runs through a beautiful transitional forest growing on the slopes of this range of hills. When you reach the top, you have a lovely view of the forest in the valley below.
- Serra Nova Trail - After a short boat ride, this trail begins with a walk through an area of large trees, including the Brazil nut, until you reach the feet of the hillside.
- Ariosto Island - Situated on the River Teles Pires, Ariosto Island has an area of 567 hectares, provides a home for a great many birds.
- Dr. Haffer Trail - Discovered by the German ornithologist Jürgen Haffer, this trail connects different types of vegetation, including bamboo groves.