Camp Sherman, Oregon
Sherman Cottage is a place to unwind, unplug and recharge. Nestled in the Deschutes National Forest this home offers instant access to world-class amenities. Hiking, biking, kayaking, skiing and the year-round famous fly fishing of the Metolius River, all located right outside your door. Sherman Cottage is a cozy log cabin, but don't be fooled, you won't be roughing it here. With a professional kitchen, workout room and hot tub waiting for you to enjoy. The home also offers a Mother-in-Law suite with its own access and separate kitchen should your party include multiple families. If you have been wondering how a high mountain digital detox can do wonders for you, then come experience it for yourself. You will be glad that you did!
Set amongst the beautiful scenic mountains this 2,700 square foot home fits uniquely and perfectly within nature. You will hope for rain so that you can hear the comforting sound of rain on a tin roof. This home is rustic yet luxurious. Sink into the comfort of a leather sofa with a warm, roaring fire as you sip hot cocoa or curl up with a good book after a day of adventuring. The peaceful and serene setting will make you feel right at home. The pine ceilings bring the outdoors in and provide a warm, cozy feel to the cottage.
What better way is there to start a morning other than a big, hearty breakfast lovingly prepared in this fully equipped kitchen? Pancakes, bacon, eggs, coffee and hash browns just taste better when served in a cottage such as this! Early mornings call for a warm cup of coffee on the porch of Sherman Cottage where you can watch the sunrise over the glorious mountainside while planning your day of outdoor adventures. For the chillier mornings, you will appreciate the heated floors and even the fireplace for fun!
A king-size bed with crisp, clean linens await in the master suite with a fireplace. An additional bedroom features a queen-size bed plus a twin. The kids will love the room with two twin beds. This lovely cottage also boasts a multi-purpose studio room with a futon that will sleep two, plus a small kitchenette. This home offers plenty of space for the whole family plus parents and in-laws or a group of close friends. The perfect launching pad for exploring all that the area has to offer! Sherman Cottage is located within a community with amazing amenities such as a pool, hot tub, workout facility, tennis and fishing (pool and outdoor tennis courts are open from June through September).
THIRDHOME has partnered with VIATOR, one of the largest online destination tours and activities provider, featuring thousands of tours and activities to choose from within a global platform of exciting offerings. VIATOR is perfect for “Do It Yourself” planners to consider when seeking to book a sightseeing day tour, city spree, regional day trips, including local city happenings.
Click the link below to view VIATOR tours and activities:
Single Family Home with 2 levels
3 bedrooms, 3 baths, 2700 square feet
King, Queen + Twin, and 2x Twin
10 guests maximum
45 minute drive
Black Butte and the Cascade Mountains!
Activities of Interest
- Snow Skiing
- Metolius Youth Pond at Camp Sherman (10 minute drive) - All the little anglers will love this fishing experience!
- Endless outdoor adventures such as: fly Fishing, biking along scenic trails, kayaking the lakes and rivers and showshoeing and skiing in the winter.
- Bend, OR (1 hour drive) - Visit this vibrant downtown, filled with shops, hotels, restaurants and Bend’s renowned array of craft breweries. The town nudges up alongside the Deschutes River.
- Cascade High Mountain Lakes - Superb spot for fishing!
- Cascade Lakes (1 hour and 20 minute drive) - Take a scenic drive to check out the beauty created by glaciers and volcanoes, a landscape of tremendous beauty.
Places of Interest
- Metolius River (20 minute walk) - The setting for Camp Sherman and the mouth of the Metolius River is stunning! Hike along the river or fish for trout!
- Pacific Crest Trail (20 minute drive) - Hike or saddle up on a horse for one of the best trail experiences on Earth.
- Sisters, Oregon (20 minute drive) - An outdoor enthusiast’s paradise rich in lakes, mountains, rivers and picturesque scenery. Hike, fly fish, paddle, mountain bike, ski or horseback ride in the magnificent forests on the outskirts of the Cascades.
- Suttle Lake (10 minute drive) - Boat, paddle, kayak or water ski on this beautiful lake.
- HooDoo Ski Resort (20 minute drive) - Excellent skiing in the winter and fun outdoor activities in the warmer months!
- 40"+ TV
- Chef's Kitchen
- Covered Parking
- DVD Player
- Espresso Machine
- High Speed Internet
- Hot Tub
- Multiple TVs
- Outdoor Grill
- Outdoor Pool
- Satellite/Cable TV
- Washer & Dryer
- Wireless Internet
- Workout Facility
- iPod Dock Stereo