*2022 Prime Leaf Peeping Week Available!* Trapp Family Lodge - 2 Bedroom Suite
The Trapp Family Lodge - 2 Bedroom Suite
The Trapp Family Lodge was originally home to the von Trapp family who fled from Austria in the 1940s. Today it is a must-see retreat for families traveling far and wide for a long list of indoor and outdoor resort amenities, including all sorts of amazing Vermont hiking, biking, snowshoeing, and skiing trails. This 2 bedroom suite boasts old-world furnishings and décor as well as a comforting rustic feel, while still providing all of the modern conveniences everywhere you go.
This large suite with a staircase entrance welcomes you with a living room with impeccable views of the property. Set among the woods, you will be surrounded by lush vegetation and mountains. Catch amazing winter sights as the snow falls, or enjoy the iconic Vermont fall foliage as you look outside. Enjoy plush couches, a flat-screen TV, and study area when you need to get some work done on the computer. With dark wood accents and rustic furniture, you will feel like you have your very own personal ski lodge to yourself.
This residence features two separate bedrooms and one bathroom. Each bedroom has one king size bed and the living room features a queen size sleeper sofa. The bathroom has a granite vanity and shower.
There are countless amenities at the lodge. Enjoy the fitness center that offers exercise and yoga classes, and a sauna. Get a massage, play disc golf, or take advantage of the many trails right outside your front door for some outdoor recreation. Take the family on a horse-drawn carriage ride or enjoy a history tour among the gardens. Everyone will love the indoor and outdoor pools and hot tub as well.
There is so much to do on-site at this stunning lodge, but it is also conveniently located to the best of Stowe Vermont and its surrounding areas. Whether you're looking to take it easy, or hoping to see as much of Vermont as you can, The Trapp Lodge is the perfect setting and retreat for the entire group!
With activities ranging from nordic skiing and snowshoeing, to wine tastings and brewery tours and much more, there's plenty to do at this iconic resort!
Condo with 1 level
2 bedrooms, 1 bath, 830 square feet, 78 square meters
King and King
6 guests maximum
Burlington International Airport - BTV
50 min by car.
No Pets Allowed
Not Handicap Accessible
View All Amenities
Activities of Interest
- Snow Skiing
- Fitness Center Spa - Book a massage at one of the massage rooms after a long day hiking.
- Mount Mansfield (10 min drive) - Hike Vermont's highest peak and many of the trails right our your front door.
- The Stowe Country Club (10 min drive) - Beautiful undulating fairways and manicured greens, this course occupies what was a turn of the century dairy farm.
- Stowe Mountain Resort (15 min by car) - Spend the day skiing and seeing some of the best snow and sights in Vermont!
- Cold Hollow Cider Mill (25 min drive) - Charming spot with a bakery known for cider donuts, plus a market for syrups & other Vermont goods.
- Moss Glen Falls (20 min drive) - 4.2 mile heavily trafficked out and back trail located near Stowe, Vermont that features a waterfall and is good for all skill levels.
Places of Interest
- Slayton Pasture Cabin - Hike, cross country ski, or snowshoe to this on site rustic cabin and warm up by the fire while enjoying homemade soup and sandwiches.
- Ben And Jerry's Flavor Graveyard (20 min drive) - Enjoy and pay tribute to retired flavors!
- West Branch Gallery & Sculpture Park (7 min drive) - Showing art and outdoor sculpture park by local artisans with free admission.
- Vermont Ski and Snowboard Museum (10 min drive) - See the museum that collects, preserve, and celebrate Vermont's skiing and snowboarding history.
We spent a week for 10 Octobers back in the 1990's at Trapp and this was our first trip back since then. While it retains all the "Austrian" charm and cuisine it had back then it has grown substantially since then with villas, a beer garden, coffee house and many more townhouses and none of the growth has diminished the views, and all of the natural activities that are available in one of the best East Coast ski resorts which has activities for everyone no matter what season it is. Now we can't figure out why it took us so long to go back!”