Escape to an undiscovered paradise, situated north of Lucca, in the dramatic beautiful region of Tuscany.
Colletto is an exceptionally beautiful early 19th century estate. It is located in a spectacular region with breathtaking 360° views over romantic hillside villages, lush wooded countryside to mountains and beyond.
This property with private heated pool is set in four acres of ecologically managed Italianate gardens comprising terraces, formal areas and woodland walks.
A tranquil and idyllic retreat which basks under the Tuscan sun, Colletto is perfect for those with discerning tastes.
This magnificent large early 19th century 4200 square feet villa has been lovingly restored to maintain the romantic ambience of a previous age. It has a wealth of original features; painted trompe l’oeil ceiling, terracotta tiled floors and period antique furniture all in keeping with the original Tuscan style whilst incorporating the luxury of every modern convenience.
Both the spacious salon, with a period marble fireplace, and the dining room, with trompe l’oeil ceiling and painted panelled walls, have shuttered French doors which open out onto a large terracotta terrace with central fountain.
To the side of the terrace is a large beamed loggia, seating 14 people for al fresco eating, a sitting area, a wood burning oven for pizzas, and a barbecue. All bedrooms have their own bathrooms/showers (3 en-suite). The glorious elevated position allows a stunning vista from each of the rooms making this the most sought after property.
You walk from Villa Colletto front door down a lavender strewn pathway, turn left through a pair of wrought iron gates to a private area. The secluded salt water swimming pool (built in Summer 2011) is straight ahead with stunning views across the wild garden to the hills and villages beyond.
The elevated pool has a grass sloping area behind, with a warm natural stone surround and sun-loungers to relax in. There is a solar cover to keep the heat in the water, this is automatic and when switched on opens and disappears leaving the heated pool ready to be enjoyed. Then later in the day the underwater lights allow a romantic evening swim whilst watching the sun setting in the west.
Guests will enjoy in room entertainment, HD plasma screen and over 100 new movies and access to iTunes and all the major TV stations through Apple tv.
Colletto is a much loved property, surrounded by beautifully maintained gardens with topiary shrubs, flowers and hide-away bowers for secluded eating and sunbathing. There is an aura of serenity and peace with breathtaking views and pure air which makes the area a paradise for walkers, artists, nature enthusiasts, gourmets and adventurers.
Single Family Home with 2 levels
5 bedrooms, 4 baths, 4200 square feet, 391 square meters
King, 2x Full, Queen, Full, and King
9 guests maximum
Pisa (PSA) or Florence (FLR)
1 hour 30 mins by car from PSA and 1 hour 40 mins from FLR
...the stunning Tuscany countryside!
No Pets Allowed
Not Handicap Accessible
View All Amenities
***From November to the end of March, an additional service fee worth $150 will be required to the Guest upon check-in***
Optional and available at extra cost:
- Masseurs and beauticians;
- Dry cleaning and shoe shining;
Activities of Interest
- Wine Country
- Medieval Day on 15th August - Enjoy this historic parade by the Association of Halberdiers of the Vicariate of Coreglia.
- Walk the city walls in Lucca - These walls protected the city but also provided a tree-lined promenade with lovely views of the city and the countryside around it.
- Wine tours in the Chianti region - Enjoy the beautiful panorama of the hills covered in vineyards as you travel around Chianti.
- Taste truffles in San Miniato - Tuscany offers plenty of opportunities for sampling this perfumed and pricey fungus. San Miniato is particularly renowned throughout Italy for the white variety.
- Go hiking in the Maremma - The protected environment of the Monti dell’Uccellina is one of Italy’s last pristine stretches of coastline.
Places of Interest
- Museum of Plaster Figurines and Emigration (15 mins) - This famous museum invites visitors to explore the unique trend of emigration that brought the plaster cast artisans,to export their knowledge to every corner of the world.
- Church of San Martino (10 mins) - Impressive church built in the 9th century, home to exquisite works of art, like an Our Lady of the Rosary painted by Pietro Sorri in 1598.
- Castellan Church of San Michele (10 mins) - It is home to a painting depicting the Archangel St Michael (14th century) and a beautiful Annunciation from the Pisa school.
- Lucca (50 mins) - Founded by the Etruscans and was then a Roman colony around 180 BC. It also served as meeting place for Julius Caesar and Crassus.
- Florence (2 hours) - This gorgeous city contains numerous museums and art galleries, such as the Uffizi Gallery and the Palazzo Pitti.