Casa de Campo
El Prado, New Mexico
Casa de Campo
Located down the road from Taos Ski Valley, this desert paradise has it all. From a ski week to enjoying hiking trails and river rafting, no matter what time of year the town of El Prado offers plenty to do. Five miles from Taos Square, you can spend the days enjoying the beautiful scenery among the mountains, or the downtown area shopping, high-end dining, and vibrant art scene. Casa de Campo offers you a sunny and inviting oasis to call home after exploring such a unique area.
Among 4-acres of breathtaking desert terrain, the home greeted you with 360 degree panoramic views of the mountains. There are two living spaces as you enter with wood pillar ceilings, and clay walls. One of the sitting rooms has a cozy clay wood-burning fireplace where you can relax on the plush leather couch and enjoy the view of the yard from the expansive windows. On the other side sits a more casual sitting room with comfortable couch and entertainment area.
The kitchen is off of the seating areas and offers beautiful bright countertops all around. The room is open and overlooks both seating areas, allowing conversation to continue and ease of everyone gathering together. The high-end appliances allow you to easily cook up a dish from home. The dining area is surrounded by large windows and desert décor. The table seats 8 guests and is perfect for formal meals, or when you’d like to gather together as a group.
There are four bedrooms, each with a relaxing a cozy feel. The master bedroom is upstairs so you will have your own private oasis. There is a small balcony off the master bedroom which has the best view of what is known as the alpenglow, a gorgeous reddish orange tint the mountains behind our house become as the sun sets. The bedroom comes with an en-suite bathroom with and spacious walk-in closet and dressing room. The master bathroom has a double vanity and over-sized tub.
The other three bedrooms are downstairs. There is a king, queen, and twin room. The king room shares the bathroom with the twin bedroom. Both twin beds have pullout trundles. There is also a sofa in the flex space between these two bedrooms in case additional sleeping space is needed. The queen bedroom is adjacent to the bathroom and also includes a pullout trundle bed for additional sleeping.
After a day of exploring El Prado or Taos, enjoy the spacious hot tub outside while you overlook the stunning mountain and desert views. Watch the alpenglow appear as the sunsets. There is a gas grill on the back patio as well so the chef doesn’t have to miss out on sunsets. For more active times, enjoy the miles of trails just outside your front door as you watch the amazing pink skies change during a sunset.
For a vibrant nightlife, head to Taos and enjoy a sense of New Mexican hospitality, spirits, and cuisine. When you're ready to retire after a long day, Casa de Campo is the perfect retreat after an exciting and adventurous day.
Single Family Home with 2 levels
4 bedrooms, 3 baths, 3500 square feet, 326 square meters
King, King, Queen + Twin, and Other
12 guests maximum
Taos Regional Airport (TSM); Santa Fe Regional Airport (SAF); Albuquerque International Sunport (ABQ)
TSM - 10 mins by car. SAF- 90 minutes by car. ABQ - 2 hours 15 mins.
Panoramic Mountain Views!
Pets Welcome Upon Approval
Not Handicap Accessible
View All Amenities
Activities of Interest
- Snow Skiing
- Taos Ski valley (25 min drive) - Ski at this small village and resort on 110 trails, and challenging slopes.
- John Dunn Bridge (15 min drive) - A bridge where many gather to get in the water and enjoy kayaking, and whitewater rafting.
- Far Flung Adventures (2 min drive) - Take a river rafting tour or a scenic river tour to soak up the stunning desert scenery.
- Envision Gallery (5 min drive) - A contemporary art galleryincluding paintings, drawings, prints, sculpture, photography, and jewelry.
- Millicent Rogers Museum (5 min drive) - Take a tour of this museum featuring authentic area artwork like pottery, paintings, photography, arts and crafts, jewelry, and more.
Places of Interest
- Rio Grande Gorge Bridge (10 min drive) - Drive or walk across the bridge enjoying mountain views.
- Taos Mesa Brewing (8 min drive) - This roadside eatery is the perfect place for an authentic New Mexico dining experience. Highly rated food, drinks, service, and entertainment.
- Couse-Sharp Historic Site (10 min drive) - Explore the studios of E. I. Couse and J. H. Sharp, founding members of the Taos Society of Artists.
- Downtown Taos Historic District (10 min drive) - Enjoy the vibrant area while shopping and dining.
Beatiful Taos Retreat
Ir is a beautiful property, well appointed and quiet. Just the retreat we needed with Covid. Thank you for a great retreat!”
Our trip to Casa de Campo was outstanding. The casa had everything we needed. The views of the mountains were wonderful. We had no trouble going to local restaurants or shopping in Taos. We made two trips to Santa Fe. We had fun there also. We would definitely visit again!”