Balsam Mountain Getaway - Many Luxe Amenities and Arnold Palmer Signature Course!
Sylva, North Carolina
Balsam Mountain Getaway
Situated on the award-winning private community, Balsam Mountain Preserve, and professionally designed and custom built, Balsam Mountain Getaway offers the optimal relaxation space nestled in the heart of Balsam Mountain. With resort-style amenities, dozens of on-site activities, and plenty of space for the entire family, this luxury home boasts the convenience of a popular resort destination with the serenity of mountain living.
Nestled on 2-acres of private woods, peace and quiet await. Enter to an open floor plan with white pine floors, exposed timbers, white pine wall panelling, and high hemlock ceilings. On the main level, the family room is the perfect place to gather and enjoy one another’s company while watching the large flat screen TV and enjoying the mountain and forest views through the expansive windows. On a cooler evening, light the stone fireplace, and have a true rustic mountain experience.
Flowing out of the family room is the dining area and chef’s kitchen. The kitchen is covered in beautiful knotty hickory cabinets and hardwood floors. Cook up a meal with the stainless steel appliances, Kitchen Aid, and granite countertops. Indulge at the large dining table adjacent to the oversized screened porch. Enjoy the views through charming French doors from here, or dine al fresco. The porch features another stone fireplace as well as plenty of seating.
The main level also boasts a spacious master suite with a sitting room and fireplace. The room is peaceful and perfect for a good night’s sleep. The seating area includes a comfortable couch and armchairs where you can enjoy a roaring fire while looking out over the mountains. The en-suite master bathroom includes a shower, oversized tub, and double vanity.
The lower level of the home offers another family room with slate flooring and a wet bar with a mini-fridge and microwave. Everyone can gather inside, or exit through the French doors onto the porch. Enjoy some optimal relaxation time in the bubbling hot tub as you take in the mountain views. There are three more bedrooms and bathrooms downstairs, each with their own unique design.
With an Arnold Palmer Signature golf course, Equestrian Center, incredible pool and fitness center complex, staying active will be simple and fun right from home. The Ruby Valley Fitness and Wellness Pavillon is truly a state of the art facility with a very inspiring backdrop! Make sure to book a private lesson or trail ride at the Equestrian center to enjoy the trails! After working up an appetite, enjoy the on-site restaurant at The Boarding House restaurant, specializing in fine farm to table cuisine. There's a new menu every week!
Additionally, there's a fully staffed Nature Center with incredible learning opportunities and more than thirty-four miles of private, groomed hiking trails. They're another place to take in some of the best birdwatching in the southeast and you can even enjoy guided nature hikes with the on-site naturalists.
Though there is plenty to do in the neighborhood, when you’re ready to venture out further, Sylva has a plethora of fun activities to take part in as well. With a fun and charming downtown area, excellent restaurants, shopping, and breweries a plenty, there is something for everyone all along this beautiful mountain landscape.
Asheville is just a 40 minute drive away and has endless indoor and outdoor activities. There's a reason it keeps showing up time and again on best places to live lists far and wide. Take a tour of one of the world-famous breweries, enjoy mountainside gourmet dining, or take a day to enjoy the incredible art and music scene. No matter what the day calls for, you will be surrounded by an abundance of choices while still finding the space and time to relax at the stunning Balsam Mountain Getaway.
Single Family Home with 2 levels
4 bedrooms, 4 baths, 3800 square feet
King, King, Queen, and Queen
8 guests maximum
Asheville Regional Aiport (AVL); Hartsfield-Jackson Atlanta International Airport (ATL)
AVL - 55 minutes by car. ATL - 3 hours by car.
Mountain views! Near Blue Ridge Parkway and Great Smokey Mountain National Park
Guests have access to the fantastic Balsam Mountain Preserve amenities by paying a usage fee to the Club upon arrival.
Activities of Interest
- Snow Skiing
- Balsam Mountains Golf Course - Golf 18-holes on one of the most beautiful mountain championship courses.
- Equestrian Center - Ride along the on-site trails and take lessons from professionals.
- Asheville Downtown Galleries Association - Spend the day touring over 24 galleries with every art form you can imagine.
- Thomas Wolfe Auditorium - See a show by the Asheville Symphony Orchestra, a concert, comedy show, and more!
- Asheville Community Theatre - Enjoy a show at this community theater performing well-known plays & musicals.
- Wolf Ridge Ski Resort - Enjoy a day of skiing, snowboarding, tubing and more with the entire family.
- City Lights Bookstore - A downtown Sylva favorite.
Places of Interest
- Balsam Mountain - Hike for miles at the preserve right from home, with some trails leading to the Nantahala National Forest
- Balsam Falls Brewing - Have a drink and dine at this highly rated local favorite.
- The Boarding House - Enjoy on-site fine dining with a rustic bar.
- Blue Ridge Parkway - 469 miles through Virginia and North Carolina, explore the rich history, vegetation, and landscape of the southern east coast.
- Boots Steakhouse - A Sylva favorite with a laid back feel, enjoy some of the best steaks in the Smokies.
- Biltmore Estate - Explore the 8000-acre beautiful and grand estate in the Blue Ridge Mountains.
- Sierra Nevada Brewery - Enjoy a tour, artisan food, and live music while sipping on this famous beer.
- 40"+ TV
- Air Conditioning
- Chef's Kitchen
- Covered Parking
- DVD Player
- Gated Community
- High Speed Internet
- Hot Tub
- Multiple TVs
- Outdoor Grill
- Outdoor Pool
- Satellite/Cable TV
- Staffed Guard Gate
- Washer & Dryer
- Wireless Internet
- Workout Facility