Chalet Le Fauconnier
La Tzoumaz, Switzerland
Part of the Verbier 4-Valées ski area, La Tzoumaz, whose name means ‘take a break’, is a gentle Swiss village that is famous for its super skiing, among the best in Europe, and for the lovely summers on the Savoleyres mountain. With high number of sunny days, the region is the ideal area to enjoy spectacular gorge walks, cheese factories and wine producers, as well as underground lake tours.
Take a break at Chalet Le Fauconnier, a 2,150sq.ft. (200m2) property with beautiful panoramic views and the mountain air are relaxation defined. Distributed over three floors, this lushly landscaped property is nestled in nature and guests will be amazed by the huge panoramic windows and jaw-dropping views over the valley and the mountains beyond.
The spectacular main floor of the chalet contains a double-height living and dining area with a fireplace - the warmest welcome in from the mountain and the crackling accompaniment to a good book after a cold day on the slopes. The lounge are benefits from a large, wall-mounted flat-screen television, and there is a second TV upstairs on the mezzanine area.
Connected seamlessly with the ling areas, the generous fully equipped gourmet kitchen has everything you might need to prepare Alpine recipes, with all the useful equipment to prepare a fondue or a raclette for a traditional Swiss evening in front of the log fire.
In summer, the garden area and new terrace are ideal spots for sunny barbecues relaxing in a beautiful mountains of the Valais region. On a blue-sky day, the view stretches 12 miles (20km), up to the peaks of the Haut de Cry and the Mont Gond, as they rise 6,560ft. (2000m) from the valley floor, and in the other direction towards Mont Gele and the legendary Vallon d’Arby.
Newly extended with an extra bedroom, extra bathroom and bigger sun-terrace, this five-bedroom chalet is ideal for 12 adults or can sleep up to to 14 people when using the beds on the open mezzanine. Chalet Le Fauconnier has one double bedroom, three twin rooms and a new quad bunk room, as well as two extra beds in the TV area on the open mezzanine. In addition to the 4 bathrooms, 3 with a shower and the other with a bath, the property also boasts a high chair and cot suitable for children under 2 years old.
In winter, the ski bus situated less than 980ft. (300m) from your door whisks you the 1.4mile (2kms) to the Savoleyres telecabin in a matter of minutes. The modern high-speed telecabin carries you from La Tzoumaz up to the top of the Savoleyres in less than 8 minutes, from where you can decide to ski back on the quiet La Tzoumaz slopes or ski down to Verbier’s legendary slopes and world-class off-piste opportunities in the vast 4-Valleys ski area.
In summer, the telecabin connected to Verbier provides you an easy access to the famous resort as a pedestrian, or accompanied by your electric mountain bike. Guests can even use a variety of mountain lifts to make your way up to Mont Fort at 10826ft. (3300m) for Europe’s highest fondue and incredible mountain panoramas that include Mont Blanc and the Matterhorn. This is also the season when the area turns into a hiking and mountain biking paradise, with hundreds of miles of marked trails criss-crossing the mountains, awash with alpine flowers and a range of wildlife to spot.
Visit the Maison de la Forêt and its pushchair and wheelchair friendly footpath, with its wildlife exhibitions and its Five Senses Nature Trail, and the starting point of many beautiful hikes. The ‘Bisses’ are relatively flat footpaths that follow the water as it trickles around the mountainsides, where for centuries farmers and villagers channelled the streams for their own uses. They have been preserved now and can be an incredible way to spend a day or more on easy hikes with stunning views across the Rhone Valley or over to the Massif des Combins.
Down the valley, a 1 hour and 10 minute drive will lead you to the medieval town of Gruyères, that gave its name to the its delicious cheese - where the pedestrian town welcomes you to a gentle stroll, with its cobblestones and its fountains. Take part in a tour cheese dairy tour at La Maison du Gruyère, which will reveal the secrets of this tasty creation. Set amidst a magnificent landscape, the 13th century Gruyères Castle takes you on a journey through eight centuries of history and legends and the discovery of the towers, ramparts, and gardens are an unforgettable experience.
Then discover the famous town of Montreux, known as ‘the capital of the Vaud Riviera’ thanks to its exceptionally mild climate, where you will enjoy a Mediterranean vegetation, composed of pines, cypresses and palm trees. From the lake to the mountains and vineyards, Montreux Riviera is an authentic little piece of paradise, offering spectacular view of Lac Léman, which has attracted many artists, writers and travellers in search of beauty, tranquillity and inspiration.
Single Family Home with 3 levels
5 bedrooms, 4 baths, 2152 square feet, 200 square meters
Full, Full, Twin, Twin, and Bunk
14 guests maximum
Geneva international airport
An hour and 40 minutes by car
Stunning 360 views down the Rhône valley or up the Vallon d’Arbi
No Pets Allowed
View All Amenities
In the peak summer season, the Host can provide Guest with free VIP pedestrian lift-passes, half-price mountain-bike daypasses and a range of other discounts.
Activities of Interest
- Snow Skiing
- Wine Country
- Ski on the mountains of Veysonnaz and Nendaz - The huge "Four Valleys" skiing area stretches from Veysonnaz and the adjacent Les Collons / Thyon 2000, taking in Nendaz and Mont Fort, and extending as far as Verbier and La Tzoumaz.
- Les 4 Vallées Skiing - Prepare yourself to enjoy Switzerland's largest ski area, featuring backcountry terrain for adventurous skiers.
- Les Bains de Saillons (20 min by car) - At the thermal centre, relax in the heated pools, the semi-Olympic pool, the thermal river, Mayens du Bien-Etre with sauna and hammam, a Carpe Diem Spa area, on the right bank of the Rhône river.
- Spa des Bisses (25 min by car) - If you are a bit sore from a day of skiing, this is the perfect place to relax and refresh!
- Cabane Balavaux (30 min by car) - This idiliic mountain restaurant offers spectacular views and even better food!
- Valais Wallis Adventures - (40 min by car) - Kayak down the Alps. Adrenaline and lots of fun.
Places of Interest
- Maison de la Forêt (10 minutes) - The House of the Forest is haven for wildlife from around the region.
- Saint-Léonard underground lake (30 min by car) - With a length of around (300m), explore by boat the largest natural underground lake in Europe!
- The pyramids of Euseigne (40 min by car) – The village of Euseigne, where the valley divides into the Val d'Hérens and the Val d'Hérémence, has unusual rock formations, created by natural erosion and visible from far away.
- Leukerbad Therme in Leukerbad (1 hour by car) - Treat yourself with thermal waters, 4,590ft. (1400m) above sea level.
- The Grande Dixence Dam (1 hour by car) - A walk at the tallest gravity dam in the world offers amazing views of the surrounding mountains and glaciers peaks.
- Chamonix-Mont-Blanc (1 hour and 15 min by car) - For world-renowned skiing, take a day trip to this French resort town!
- Mont Fort (1 hour and 20 min by car) - On a sunny day, there's no better place than Mont Fort to take in stunning views of the Alps.
- 40"+ TV
- Espresso Machine
- Handicap Accessible
- High Speed Internet
- Outdoor Grill
- Satellite/Cable TV
- Washer & Dryer
- Wireless Internet