Situated in a suburban district of Stockholm, the capital of Sweden, Hillvilla blends dignifiedly into other turn-of-the-century buildings in the area. With its high position, its many storeys and dazzling white plaster, the house is both a powerful and elegant eye-catcher, while from the penthouse floor roof terraces guests are able to have a sweeping view of the inlet Stora Värtan in the Baltic Sea.
The property boasts many fine qualities which, together with the well-crafted external environment and a very high standard of material selection, make the house a luxury and comfortable home. Guests will be able to grill up some great food on the BBQ for delicious al fresco meals and enjoy mellow evenings on the terraces, while the kids splash around in the pool.
When entering the property through the main entrance and the entrance hall, you directly reach the house's large living room with dining room and kitchen. The generous surfaces invite to the gathering of many guests and space for large company around the table. Adjacent to the dining room is also a large living room with sunken floor which provides an extra generous ceiling height and space. A large fireplace is strategically placed so that the fire can be experienced from all directions.
The more private library part adjacent to the dining room and living room has its own fireplace, and invites to pleasant reading moments in a relaxing atmosphere. A practical detail in the house's entrance floor is also the home office next to the kitchen, where the children can sit and entertain themselves while in contact with those who are cooking in the well-appointed kitchen that is the perfect place for guests to gather and socialise.
At Hillvilla, the layout creates an integrated environment with the gardens and the pool that wrap around the living spaces and a designated basement-level parking area. On this level, guests will also find other spaces such as a guest room with its attached bathroom.
When going one floor up from the living rooms, you’ll enter the more private part of the house, where the other bedrooms are located. With 5 bedrooms and 4 bathrooms, the property can comfortably accommodate up to 10 guests that will also be entertained during their stay when heading to the play and TV rooms!
The residence’s large laundry room is also located on this floor, close to the closets and the storage area. The house also has an attic where guests will find the large home office, the family's relaxation area and two roof terraces that take advantage of the fantastic views over the sea and the magnificent gardens!
Located a short trip from Hillvilla, the capital city of Sweden is often called the ‘Venice of the North’ for its waterways and lakes. Lying on a number of islands and peninsulas, Stockholm is dotted with places like Gamla Stan, Royal Palace, Vasa Museum and the cultural vibe of this city is perfect for music-lovers, artists, and everyone else looking for entertainment, world-class museums, theaters, galleries, and gorgeous parklands. Locals proudly call the city a "levande stad," or "living city," as a large part of the cosmopolitan population still lives in the downtown areas.
A short hop from the city, you can explore the UNESCO-listed palace Drottningholm, which is the most well-preserved royal castle built in the 1600s in Sweden. Representative of all European architecture for the period, make a day trip to Drottningholm and experience a historic milieu of the highest international standards!
Private Residence with 4 levels
5 bedrooms, 4 baths, 5400 square feet, 502 square meters
King, King, Queen, Queen, and Queen
10 guests maximum
Stockholm Skavsta Airport / Stockholm Arlanda Airport
Skavsta ( 40 minute by car) / Arlanda (1 hour 40 minute by car)
Enjoy an exclusive view over the sea and the private garden
No Pets Allowed
View All Amenities
Activities of Interest
- Snow Skiing
- Trosa, Södermanland (10 minute drive) during wintertime a small sleeping town at the Baltic sea. During summer the whole town suddenly wakes up and becomes a bustling meeting point.
- Gisesjön Lake (10 minute drive) It is within the Nynäs Nature Reserve and has several hiking paths, barbeque spots, fishing possibilities and even a small beach.
- Kayak Tour - Escape the city and paddle your way through the beautiful Swedish Archipelago!
- Swedish Design Tour - Beyond being beautifully crafted and attractive, Swedish design tends to be practical in nature.
- Boat tour - Discover Sweden and its archipelagos with a tour by boat!
Places of Interest
- Drottningholm Palace (1 hour drive) - One of Sweden’s three World Heritage Sites is on the western outskirts of Stockholm.
- Vasa Museum (1 hour drive) - Experience one of the biggest cultural treasures in Sweden – the warship Vasa that sank in 1628 on its maiden voyage
- The Royal Palace (1 hour drive) - Dating back to the 18th century, visit one of the most impressive palaces in the world!
- Gamla Stan (1 hour drive) - The old town of Stockholm
- Fotografiska (1 hour drive) - One of the world's largest and most important photography museums and is located in an historical industrial building at the harbour
- Sörmlandsleden (1 hour drive) - A network of hiking paths all around the province of Södermanland. The route takes you from the old mill at Gise, past the Tureholm Castle and all the way to the town of Trosa.