Kitty Hawk House
Kitty Hawk House
Sweetly named the Kitty Hawk House after the street it resides in, this historic Krisel Alexander mid-century modern home is the perfect scene for your California dreamin’ to become a picturesque reality. This three-bedroom, two-bathroom home has a proper 70s vacation ambiance that will charm you right in the heart of the illustrious holiday location of Palm Springs.
Flanked by expansive mountain views and towering palm trees, the resort-style backyard is adorned with a large kidney-bean-shaped pool and comfy lounge chairs under the open sky, which easily allows for the sun-kissed glow you may be craving. In the evenings, enjoy a unique gas fire pit, along with a beautiful day bed for cozy nights under the West Coast stars. A gas grill is readily available as well, along with a beautiful table set up perfect for dining al fresco. A heated spa is also included for your pleasure after a possible hike through Joshua Tree National Park.
The luxuries don’t end outside; the home’s interior is as immaculate as the exterior and is designed to perfection! The company will surely enjoy an open concept floorplan and intimate great room. The kitchen is fully updated with stainless steel appliances, including a gas stove, and offers simple pleasures like a Keurig and spices to use at your leisure. Barstool counters accompany a gorgeous six-person dining table which flows impeccably into the large living room, where original wood ceilings, an original fireplace, and plenty of cozy seating make this oasis feel like home. The couch folds out into an extra bed for additional expedient sleeping space. The high ceilings, large windows, and sliding glass doors, paired with smart home features like controlled lighting and thermostat, offer a bright and lofty feel and allow for prime indoor/outdoor living.
A large master bedroom houses a new queen-size memory foam mattress and a flat-screen TV with streaming services, and the updated en suite bathroom is kindly stocked with spa-grade toiletries. With easy accessibility to the outdoor daybed, willowing from one comfy set up to the next is completely acceptable during your stay!
The first guest bedroom also includes a queen-size memory foam mattress and a darling reading nook with a library of books for your enjoyment. The second guest bedroom features two twin daybeds and a 50” smart TV, doubling as a den to watch your favorites.
Added luxuries include a one-car garage that stores pool floats, lawn games, and beach cruisers which will provide a delightful ride around the neighborhood.
Known for its hot springs, golf, and stylish architecture, Palm Springs is home to many upscale activities and restaurants that are sure to keep you pleased. Not far away in the Coachella Valley, horseback riding, hiking, and biking trails are of abundance. Along with Joshua Tree National Park, your needs for more outdoor adventures are sure to be met with ease.
It won’t take long to convince your friends or family to get on board for an exciting trip to the perfectly awaiting Kitty Hawk House!
Palm Springs Permit #1781.
Private Residence with 1 level
3 bedrooms, 2 baths, 1225 square feet, 114 square meters
Queen, Queen, and 2x Twin
6 guests maximum
Palm Springs International Airport (PSP)
10 minutes by car
No Pets Allowed
Not Handicap Accessible
View All Amenities
Activities of Interest
- Palm Springs Aerial Tramway — Rotating tram cars travel through Chino Canyon to a station with dining, a museum & hiking trails.
- Desert Hot Springs — Home to some of the purest hot and cold mineral springs in the world
- Palm Canyon Drive — Here you will find a goldmine of art galleries, restaurants, pubs, historical buildings, and every kind of shop!
- Classic Club — Upscale, Arnold Palmer-designed championship golf course featuring a clubhouse, shop & restaurant.
- PGA WEST Mountain Course
- PGA WEST Stadium Course
- Desert Willow Golf Resort
- Escena Golf Club
Places of Interest
- Palm Springs Art Museum (10 minute drive) — Desert's art museum offers European & Native American works, a theater, outdoor space, cafe & more.
- Palm Springs Air Museum (10 minute drive) — This educational center dedicated to WWII combat aircraft also features art, a gift shop & a cafe.
- Indian Canyons (20 minute drive) — This group of canyons has trails for hiking & horseback riding, plus picnic areas & a gift shop.
- The Living Desert Zoo and Gardens (35 minute drive) — Over 1,000 acres of desert ecosystem featuring a bighorn sheep enclosure & small animal exhibits.
- Tahquitz Canyon (15 minute drive) — Home to a spectacular seasonal 60-foot waterfall, rock art, plants, and native wildlife experienced by a two-mile loop hike.
- Joshua Tree National Park (1 hour+ drive) — Nearly 800,000 scenic acres containing a rich cultural history, geologic features, rock formations, ancient Joshua trees, and more; plus world-class rock climbing, bouldering, hiking, & camping.