Villa Pangkung Indah
Villa Pangkung Indah
A tantalizing taste of authentic Balinese life awaits at this luxurious sanctuary.
Aptly named after its pristine beauty and the flowing river behind it, Villa Pangkung Indah is unlike any place you have ever experienced. This designer dwelling is nestled in the uplands of Bali in the town of Ubud—hailed as a traditional arts and culture center. Steeped in a verdant jungle amid terraced rice paddies and dotted with Hindu temples and shrines, Ubud delights the eye with some of the most breathtaking landscapes in Bali.
The expansive 4,000 square foot Villa Pangkung Indah was created by renovating two older Balinese-style houses connected together to form a beautiful and inspiring space, keeping some of the original Balinese elements. It offers three bedrooms (plus a family room that can be converted into a fourth bedroom), three and a half bathrooms, several lounging areas, a spacious office, large dance/yoga room, swimming pool, piano, pool table, relaxing meditation/massage balé overlooking the river, and open living spaces with serene jungle, garden, and river views.
Downstairs, there is an elegant kitchen with a curved terrazzo counter with seating and a large dining table that can convert to a pool table. This stunning and airy space leads into a large sunken sitting area with exotic lights open to the garden and pool. Just behind the lounge area, you’ll find a beautifully furnished family room with a flatscreen TV and couches that can function as two twin beds or a king bed, creating an optional fourth bedroom.
Prepare to be amazed as you venture upstairs. Aside from three richly appointed bedrooms and a furnished office, this level boasts an expansive, semi-open-air yoga/dance room equipped with aerial silks. Ubud offers a vast array of yoga and meditation classes, and this terrace affords a private space to hone in on those skills you’ll learn.
But this spot isn’t the only place you’ll find serenity upstairs. In fact, just look to the magnificent master suite. This dreamy room includes an incredible ensuite with a sunken tub, dual vanity, and double shower, and a private balcony with cozy seating and a captivating view overlooking the garden, jungle, and river.
After you make your way back downstairs, follow the stepping stones into the garden to transcend into a state of pure nirvana. This private and tranquil escape invites you to refresh and relax in the swimming pool, meditate among your peaceful lush surroundings, and enjoy a massage on the balé by the river (the staff can arrange for a masseuse to come to the villa).
The villa is fully staffed, with a private chef, housekeeper, gardener, and driver available to help take care of you. The staff do not live on the property but are available when needed.
If you would like our cook to prepare special meals from our menu or your own recipes for you, this can also be arranged. Please give at least one day's notice in advance for meal preparation. Putu can do the grocery shopping as well. You may pay her the grocery money in advance, and she will bring you change and a receipt, adding 20% of the grocery cost for her work. Meals are "family style", where you pick 1-3 dishes and share them, rather than each person ordering a different dish.
We will provide you with an informative and resourceful welcome book that includes every bit of information regarding the villa and staff and offers a wealth of recommendations for activities, classes, beaches, spas, day trips, stores, and restaurants.
Please keep in mind that this is a tropical climate and a large open-air house. Humidity and bugs are difficult to avoid anywhere in Bali, and we chose to give the villa a more open and natural feel, which also helps with ventilation. The family room downstairs does have A/C and closes off pretty well, but we tend to stay cool enough anywhere in the villa with the ceiling fans alone, which are in each room. Therefore, guests should not book this property if they need an enclosed, fully air-conditioned space or if they would be scared by nature’s visitors (e.g., a gecko on the wall or an occasional spider, ant, etc.).
Please also note: The neighborhood has a strict policy regarding noise after 10 pm. No music, parties, gatherings, or similar activities should be held at the villa after 10 pm.
Villa with 2 levels
3 bedrooms, 3 baths, 4000 square feet, 372 square meters
Queen, Twin, and 2x Twin
7 guests maximum
Ngurah Rai International Airport / Denpasar International Airport (DPS)
90 minutes by car
Serene jungle, garden, and river views
No Pets Allowed
Not Handicap Accessible
View All Amenities
Transportation is available from our driver Wayan. Driver costs will depend on where you're driving to. Airport pickups are 450,000 IDR (around $30 USD). Trips to Ubud center are around 100-150,000 ($7-10 USD) depending on where you're going. Or you could also rent the car for 200,000/day or 1,200,000/week plus petrol, then hire the driver for 175,000/day.
Activities of Interest
- Beachwalk Shopping Center
- Galleria Mall
- Boutique shops on Jalan Hanoman, Jalan Monkey Forest, Jalan Goutama, and Jalan Dewi Sita
- Yoga classes at Yoga Barn, Radiantly Alive, and Intuitive Flow
- Ceramics classes at Sari Api Ceramic School
- Hike the Campuhan Ridge Walk
- Ubud Traditional Spa, Cantika Zest Spa, Starchild Spa, Bali Botanica Spa, and Uma Spa
- Ubud Fitness Center
Places of Interest
- Pondok Pekak Library & Learning Centre (15 minute drive) — Workshops for gamelan & flute playing, Balinese dance, offering making, silver making, mask painting, basketry, woodcarving, and more
- Museum Puri Lukisan (10 minute drive) — An array of Balinese art and classes similar to those offered at the Pondok Pekek Library
- Komune Beach Club (40 minute drive) — Beautiful black sand beach / advanced surfer only spot
- Potato Head Beach Club (1 hour drive) — Happening beachfront venue offering an infinity pool, plus international fare, beer & cocktails
- Tegallalang Rice Terrace (20 minute drive) — Scenic, terraced hillside offering rice paddies amid lush greenery, plus zip lines & jungle swings
- Goa Gajah / Elephant Cave (30 minute drive) — Sacred archeological site with stone carvings of Hindu gods dating back to the 9th century
- Sacred Monkey Forest Sanctuary (15 minute drive) – Hindu temple complex set in the jungle, renowned for the macaque monkeys who call it home
- Waterbom Bali (1 hour drive) — Lively water park with a rides for all ages, plus restaurants, a food court & a swim-up bar