La Maison (R)
La Maison manages to seamlessly blend all that is good about a traditional ski chalet with the magical design inspiration of a grand residence from a bygone era. Luxurious but incredibly tasteful throughout, there are six spacious en suite bedrooms, an impressive spa and the most incredible living space set out on the top floor under the beauty of the exposed timber structure.
The top floor of La Maison is a vast open-plan space the sheer size of which immediately takes your breath away. The space is split into three distinct zones — the main salon area, the library and the bar area. The salon features a large chandelier by Brand van Egmond and bespoke luxury sofas from William Yeoward which are orientated to take in the beautiful views of the Nantaux peak. Beyond the salon the library offers a level of privacy from the main space, with several comfortable armchairs and a swing set by the first of two fireplaces. On the opposite side you will find the bar area laid out in a lounge style around the second fireplace. A full sized pool table provides a point of entertainment and another balcony provides a great vantage point to relax and take in the views over the village square.
At the centre of the building lies an amazing private spa the showpiece of which is the L shaped swimming pool. As well as a counter current jet, the pool has various massage zones and two large fountains. There is both an indoor and outdoor hot tub as well as a large steam room tiled in mosaics. Lounge seating, a rain shower and fibre optic “night sky” lighting complete the space.
On the first floor separating two of the bedrooms is one of La Maisons’ most unique and magical spaces. Two walls are covered in chic Timorous Beasties wallpaper whilst a glass wall overlooking the central staircase ensures the room retains a connection to the main chalet, albeit an insulated, protected one.
Adjoining the dining area you’ll find the floating wine cellar. The glass floor looks down on the swimming pool below and bar stools also afford a view down the grand staircase to the front door right up to the apex of the roof at the top of the building.
The kitchen at La Maison is split in two, a concealed professional space and then a beautiful front kitchen built around a bespoke range commissioned from world-renowned Italian manufacturers DeManincor. The result is the most magical theatre from which the chefs can prepare their masterpieces and during the day, the beauty of the Italian craftsmanship sits on display as comfortably as any artists sculpture could.
La Maison is located right in the middle of the village square in Montriond which is part of the Morzine ski resort. On route you will also pass the breathtaking Lac de Montriond where you can ice dive in the winter, or bathe come summer.
***please note that groups with small children are discouraged due to the layout of the property***
Estate with 3 levels
6 bedrooms, 6 baths, 8000 square feet, 744 square meters
King, King, King, King, King, and King
12 guests maximum
4 of the bedrooms have Super king beds - these do have the faculty to split into twins on request.
Gym, Spa treatment room, sauna, steam room, indoor and outdoor hot tubs
1 hour 46 mins drive
An exceptional town house in the mountains, a home quite like no other.
No Pets Allowed
Not Handicap Accessible
The following fees are to be paid directly to the Host prior to arrival:
A €70 daily mandatory fee will be required for 2 hours a day (including communal areas, and toilets).
A €550 weekly mandatory fee will be required to use the Spa facilities.
The Reserve tier within THIRDHOME is a collection of qualified higher-end homes. The required key values to book these homes and exchange fees are higher than other homes in the Club.
Activities of Interest
- Snow Skiing
- Location de ski Montriond (Ardent Sports) For your ski rental in Morzine, take advantage of the advice of professionals to rent your equipment directly on site.
- Galerie art gallery in Morzine, (7 mins drive) wonderful art gallery to enjoy different works of art and creativity.
- Equestrian center of Morzine, (6 mins drive)located in the heart of Dérêches Park, filled with paths and unique hiking trails in the middle of the forest
- Aquariaz, Station Avoriaz, (26 mins drive) Aquariaz has been designed as an aquatic paradise in the mountains featuring lush vegetation and rocks.
- Mountain Biking - hire bikes from Ardent Sports Montriond
Places of Interest
- Les Lindarets Village des Chevres, (12 mins drive) ideal village for a family walk in Haute-Savoie, with its chalets, its mountain pastures and its very famous goats
- Morzine Ski Resort, (22 mins drive) ski resort in the vast Portes du Soleil which straddles the French-Swiss border just south of Lake Geneva (Lac Leman).
- Yvoire, (54 mins drive)little medieval village. Lots of craft shops, cafes and restaurants to while away the time in this picturesque village.
- Cirque de Fer à Cheval, (1 hour drive) amazing valley surrounded by snowy mountains and thousands of breathtakingly beautiful waterfalls rushing down from the hills.
- Chamonix, (1 hour 13 mins drive) beautiful villa at the base of the Mont Blanc.
Kenneth L.May 2023
La Maison is a one of a kind house in the French Alps. It is beautifully-furnished with lovely public spaces and a spa area which is better than that found in most hotels. The owners and the chalet manager are very hospitable and aim to make any stay most enjoyable. We thoroughly enjoyed our stay. ”