The Laurels House
This detached, Grade II listed cottage is set over three floors and located in the heart of the pretty market town of Bishop’s Castle, in an Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty.
The property offers many original features and comfortable furnishings that make this cottage ideal for a get-together with family and friends.
The top floor of this charming cottage offers lovely views over fields and woodland, and the main hallway has an original parquet floor, a carved oak staircase, and an external door leading into the back garden.
Off the hallway are a beautiful oak-paneled dining room, a cozy sitting room with doors to the garden, and a dining kitchen.
There is also a functional utility room at the back of the cottage, with a washing machine and tumble dryer that will certainly come in handy for keen walkers!
A further garden room with dining and sitting areas and doors opening into the garden add to the comfort and beauty of this delightful cottage.
The oak staircase leads up to oak-paneled landings and six bedrooms, one boasting en-suite facilities and a further two bathrooms.
The enclosed back garden makes an ideal place to sit and relax and enjoy alfresco dining or family games.
A short walk takes you to the center of Bishop’s Castle, which provides guests with many handy amenities, individual shops, tea rooms, and traditional inns serving home-cooked food and real ales.
A wonderful holiday cottage in a fabulous location, all you need for a memorable break at any time of year.
Private Residence with 3 levels
6 bedrooms, 3 baths, 1500 square feet, 140 square meters
King, King, King, Queen + Twin, Queen + Twin, and Other
15 guests maximum
Six bedrooms: 2 x second-floor king-size double, 1 x twin, 1 x family room with 1 king-size double and 1 single with Jack-and-Jill access to the bathroom, 2 x second-floor family rooms with 1 double and 1 single
90 minutes drive
No Pets Allowed
Not Handicap Accessible
Activities of Interest
- The hilly southern loop takes in the historic towns and villages of Bishop's Castle, Clun, Ludlow, Much Wenlock, Ironbridge and Wellington.
- Nearby, the ancient town offers a weekly market and an excellent variety of shops, pubs, and picturesque old buildings and places to eat.
Places of Interest
- The attractive market town of Bishop's Castle is surrounded by the South West Shropshire Hills, an Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty.
- The fascinating and well-known towns of Montgomery, Ludlow and Shrewsbury are all within easy reach.
- Powis Castle (30 minutes drive), built around 1200 as a medieval fortress, sits high on a rock above its world-famous garden.
Lance W.July 2023
An amazing house with lots of room for our family get together. Well equipped. Superb communication with the owner and house keeper. Our family had such a great time and would love to return. ”