Sitting close to the majestic Hartland Cornwall Heritage Coast, this impressive home is the perfect combination of space, light, and classic design.
Guests will find it supremely easy to relax and feel at peace at this address. When they're not basking in the warmth of the living room's log-burning fireplace, they can sink back into bubbles in the freestanding bathtub or enjoy the peace and quiet of the Cornish countryside from the comfort of the alfresco hot tub.
The tall vaulted ceiling brings a cathedral-esque level of headroom to the ground floor. A mezzanine level utilizes some of the available space above in a smart fashion. Rather aptly for a building that has an air of grandeur, the finishes and furnishings look to tradition for influence, especially the parquet flooring, handsome wood paneling, and a resplendent dining table. That being said, there are enough contemporary touches, like the eye-catching lighting and sleek kitchen, to stop it from feeling dated in any way.
The home itself sits within the grounds of Penstowe Manor. A little further afield, it's possible to go for clifftop walks along the South West Coast Path or swim in the sea at Sandymouth Beach, only a five-minute drive away.
Private Residence with 2 levels
6 bedrooms, 2 baths, 4843 square feet, 450 square meters
King, King, King, King, 2x Twin, and 2x Twin
12 guests maximum
90 minutes drive
English countryside and Grenville Park and woods
Pets Welcome Upon Approval
Activities of Interest
- Some of the local attractions are Tintagel Castle, Pencarrow House, Boscastle, The Eden Project, Bodmin Moor, Camel Valley Vineyard or Lanhydrock House.
- Birdwatching, Bike, fish and many outdoor activities!
- Get your 18 a day at one of the many stunning golf courses – particularly The Point (formerly Roserrow), St Enodoc Golf Club, and Trevose Golf Club.
Places of Interest
- The magnificent World Heritage Jurassic Coastline, with its impressive cliffs, coastal walks, fossil hunting opportunities, and family-friendly beaches to enjoy.
- Watermouth Castle (50 minutes by car) - Venture further up the coast of north Devon and visit this country home by the sea.
- The South West Coast Path is just as good for short walks and gentle strolls as it is for long-distance walking. Some of our favorites: St. Endellion to Port Isaac, Boscastle to Tintagel Castle, Trevone to Padstow and Rock to Polzeath.