Rustic Retreat on Lake Keowee
This grand retreat on Lake Keowee is the perfect place to bring the whole family and sleeps up to 20 people. Spacious and decorated down to every last detail, it is sure to impress. Extensive outdoor entertainment space with a trail that leads to a dock makes this the perfect getaway for outdoor recreation.
With over 300 miles of shoreline and crystal-clear Blue Ridge Mountain waters, Lake Keowee is one of the purest lakes in North America and the ideal setting for outdoor recreation, watersports and family fun.
With heavily wooded surroundings, wildflowers, ravines and the largest known fruit-bearing North American Pear Tree in the country, it is easy to feel like you are simply taking a walk through a national park.
*** PLEASE NOTE: Golfing at The Cliffs at Keowee Falls golf course is not permitted for ThirdHome guests. ***
With Greenville, Clemson and a host of charming smaller towns all within a short drive, our home offers easy access to cultural outlets, entertainment venues, shopping, academic centers and nationally recognized health and medical facilities.
Private Residence with 3 levels
8 bedrooms, 6 baths, 6000 square feet, 558 square meters
King, King, King, King, King, Queen, Queen, and 2x Queen
20 guests maximum
Greenville–Spartanburg International Airport - GSP
1 hour by car
Lake Keowee and the Blue Ridge Mountains
No Pets Allowed
Not Handicap Accessible
Activities of Interest
- Headwaters Outfitters - Dedicated to providing safe, family friends outings, this company offers fishing and boating trips that everyone will enjoy!
- Blue Ridge Mountains - Enjoy miles and miles of hiking trails through the spectacular Blue Ridge Mountains.
- Jocassee Lake Tours - Explore the remote reaches of Whitewater River and Falls, Wright Creek Falls, Thompson River and Falls, Horsepasture River, Laurel Fork Falls, Toxaway River, and Sky Falls.
- Jocassee Adventures - Jocassee Adventures offers some of the best lake and waterfall tours, as well as scuba diving and snorkeling, around town!
Places of Interest
- Devils Fork State Park - The mountain spring-fed Lake Jocassee encompassed by the Jocassee Gorges, waterfalls accessible only by boat and some of the best South Carolina trout fishing are all part of the allure of Devils Fork State Park!
- Highlands, NC - This beautiful town is just a short 45 minute drive away!
- Biltmore House (one hour away) - Experience the glory of a Biltmore summer, when longer days mean more time to enjoy the fun-for-all-ages appeal of the estate and a host of leisurely pursuits!
- The Lil Briar Patch - The Most Unique Gifts, Garden, & Gourmet Shop in the Triad!
The home is beautiful and the hostess is great. Our stay exceeded all of our expectations.”
Cannot say enough about how wonderfully appointed, and maintained. The website pictures don't do it justice! Boat rental is not very far from the home, and the on-site boat dock made water sports easy, and enjoyable. Definitely a place we'd love to return to and enjoy.”
We had the best time at this lovely, big home! We had our 3 daughters, 2 husbands and a boyfriend, and 6 grandchildren. We never felt crowded and enjoyed the 2 separate living areas, as well as big outdoor spaces. We enjoyed the Long Shoals Wayside Park nearby! And visited Highlands and Cashiers. Our youngest grandson who's 3 keeps asking us, "When are we going back to the Big House?" I'm ready!”