Vulcan Hotel - Sydney City District
Vulcan Hotel - Sydney City District
The Vulcan is named after the Roman god of fire, and is usually associated with the melting of iron to make both weapons and agricultural implements. Built in 1894, The Vulcan Hotel provided high class accommodation and drinks for travellers in the Sydney city district. Those in particular who were mainly involved with the storage of wool, shipping and the iron works that were all in the vicinity of the hotel.
In mid 2006, a new wing was built and this added an extra 16 rooms, a brand new cafe, reception and courtyard. A lift was built into the new wing for convenient access to the upper floors. In 2008 we won the City of Sydney Business Award for Best Boutique Hotel in Sydney. In 2011 the Penthouse was added.
The Vulcan Hotel is family owned. The owners Harvey and Carole Ord welcome you to The Vulcan Hotel. The accommodation comprises a king size bed with kitchenette sleeping a maximum of 2 people , each being described as follows:
Stylish contemporary room with a queen size bed and a kitchenette (approx. 25sqm). 1 x Queen bed, self controlled air conditioning/heating, TV with Foxtel, DVD player, mini bar, tea & coffee making facilities, direct dial telephone and bar fridge. Ideal location for Darling Harbour, China Town and Broadway shopping centre.
Daily maid service can be arranged at a fee.
Single Family Home with 1 level
1 bedroom, 1 bath, 600 square feet, 56 square meters
2 guests maximum
Taxi 30 minutes
the. View of the wonderful Sydney city
No Pets Allowed
Not Handicap Accessible
View All Amenities
Activities of Interest
- Wine Country
- BridgeClimb is the ultimate experience of Sydney, guided Climbs to the top of the world famous Sydney Harbour Bridge, 134 metres above Sydney Harbour.
- Oztrails specialises in small personalised day tours from Sydney to the Blue Mountains from $78 per person. The Blue Mountains are Australia’s most visited and commended National Park, attracting over four millions visitors a year.
- Shopping at iconic Broadway shopping Centre
Places of Interest
- Sydney Opera House - As well as many touring theatre, ballet, and musical productions, the Opera House is the home of Opera Australia, the Sydney Theatre Company and the Sydney Symphony.
- Ian Thorpe Acquatic - Located minutes away from the Hotel, this iconic $40 million facility, housed in a distinctive wave-form building, was named in honour of five times Gold Medal winning Olympic Champion Ian Thorpe
Perfect location in Sydney
Close to the Darling Harbour, Fish Market, Hyde Park and other great places Sydney has to offer. We had 2 spacious, nice family rooms. The staff was extremely nice and helpful. Apart from breakfast hours (when you can enjoy a decent selection of morning meals at a rather reasonable price), you can bring your own food to the cozy café of the hotel. I would recomment the property everyone visiting Sydney. ”
A small boutique hotel. Everything was clean and we enjoyed the stay. Sydney is a wonderful city. Walking distance to the central station. Around 30min walk to tourist attractions such as Opera House. ”
Perfect home base for Sydney trip!
We loved our stay at the Vulcan Hotel. Carole was a great host and steered us to a wonderful Vietnamese Restaurant nearby that made our first night in Sydney just perfect. The location is easy to access the City transit from (just 10 mins walk). It was comfortable and clean and the onsite restaurant makes a great breakfast.”
- Air Conditioning
- Concierge Service
- Espresso Machine
- Laundry Service
- Satellite/Cable TV
- Wireless Internet