Best described as a typical 'chocolate box' picture of an English country cottage, this stunning 4 bedroom, 3 bathroom, thatched Cotswold's cottage, accommodates 8 people. The original building dates back to the 1650’s and has been sensitively added on to over the years, creating all the benefits of a spacious contemporary home but with many original features. There are two twin bedrooms, one bedroom with a queen size bed and one bedroom with a super king size bed. New for 2010/11 are the three spectacular bathrooms, two en suite, one family bathroom.
The entrance hall with oak floorboards leads on to the living room which has oak-beamed ceilings, antiques, contemporary soft furnishings, a TV and DVD player. A separate playroom full of toys for the children also runs off the hall as does a separate utility room with a washing machine and a downstairs loo. A fully equipped kitchen with all modern appliances has beautiful views over the fields. It has a farmhouse table and seating for up to six and makes a great room for family dining if little ones are around. Off the end of the hallway is the dining room, again with oak and elm beamed ceilings. A stunning 18th century refectory table and ladder back chairs, seats 8. The French doors open onto the patio area, with BBQ, and the garden. The cottage has two gardens, one surrounding the house which comprises a small knot garden, a formal lawn area with a swing and some beautiful planting around the ancient wishing well. The other garden is an orchard with a large trampoline.
If you are looking for that perfect self-catering holiday in the Cotswolds, you couldn't have chosen a better property. Fox End really is the ultimate, quality vacation home. Whether you are looking for a place for a family vacation, a luxury base from which to explore this most beautiful part of England, or need a sanctuary to escape your busy daily life and immerse yourself in rural splendour, this house is the one for you.
Private Residence with 3 levels
4 bedrooms, 3 baths, 2690 square feet, 250 square meters
King, Queen, 2x Twin, and 2x Twin
8 guests maximum
Heathrow Airport - LHR
90 minutes by Car
Beautiful Countryside in Cotswold England
No Pets Allowed
Not Handicap Accessible
View All Amenities
Activities of Interest
- There are ample opportunities for Fly Fishing for trout and grayling in The Cotswolds. From charming still water to elegant chalk streams it's all here. Visit the Orvis store in Burford for up to the minute info on where to fish and what flies to use.
- There is a wonderful riding school 300 yds from the cottage. It is excellent for both beginners and small children as well as the more experienced rider who may wish to canter out into the Cotswold countryside and see the local rural splendour first hand.
Places of Interest
- We have many years experience of all the Cotswolds has to offer. That quaint pub with excellent ales and home cooked food, the dates of the best local markets, the whereabouts of the best butcher, ideas for young children, where you can get the best spa.
- Shakespeare's Stratford Upon Avon, the splendid seat of the Spencer Churchill family at Blenheim Palace, the ancient city with the fairytale castle at Warwick
- Pretty picture postcard Cotswold villages and towns like Chipping Camden, Stow On The Wold, Moreton In Marsh, Lower Slaughter and Bourton On The Water are all within close range.
We really enjoyed our time at Fox End. At first, we thought it might be a little remote, but then quickly realized we were in the absolutely perfect location! The home is in a great location for discovering all that the Cotswolds have to offer, well cared for, and stocked wonderfully with everything you need including extra little serving dishes. We especially loved making our morning coffee with the Nespresso maker. Beds and pillows were very comfortable, and we enjoyed the neighboring lambs, goats and chickens! Don't miss a visit to Chastleton House and the adjacent chapel. This home is truly a rare find.”
This thatched-roof chocolate-box-style cottage is the bomb. THE bomb. Newly renovated (sadly, due to some dope who put a cardboard box on the log fire which then set fire to the roof) with all the modern touches and luxurious trappings one could ever hope to enjoy. Exceptionally clean and well-equipped with all of the necessary items from A-Z. The instruction booklet is the most thorough and helpful I have even seen. Oh yes, and then there is the location. Set is a lovely little group of houses just below Chastleton House (a must see) and minutes from Moreton-in-Marsh should you wish to use the train. The North Cotswolds location is central to everything you might wish to see, and very close to Oxford, Stratford and Blenheim Palace for easy day trips. Do take the Cotswolds Mystery Tour...it was great fun. At the end of each day, it was great to return to the peace and serenity of the rolling pastures and listen to the sounds of the newly born lambs and mommy sheep, as well as the clip-clop of people on horseback. Everything about it is perfect, just perfect. When it becomes available again, book it without hesitation. But you will have to beat me to it...”
We could not have found a more idyllic place to spend a quiet week in the English countryside. The cottage is beautifully furnished and cosy and full of charm and character. The kitchen is extremely well equipped too. Thanks Marcus. We hope to be back again next year.”