A Junior Suite at The Marcliffe Hotel and Spa
The Marcliffe at Pitfodels is a luxurious, relaxed and ultra-elegant five-star Scottish country hotel set in its own picturesque grounds on the outskirts of the historic city of Aberdeen in North-east Scotland.
Since the officially opening in 1993 by Soviet Premier Mikhail Gorbachev, it has earned worldwide renown as Aberdeen's only five-star hotel, and the ideal base for exploring all the many riches that Scotland has to offer.
Although the Marcliffe offers a comprehensive range of superb facilities, which has deservedly earned it membership of the coveted Small Luxury Hotels of the World, it is essentially a family-friendly intimate hotel run by Owner Stewart Spence who is fiercely proud of its ambience of warmth, ease and charm.
Each one of the seven large suites has been individually designed to provide you with maximum comfort during your stay with us.
Antique furniture combines with traditional and contemporary styles of rich fabric to create an overall ambience of comfort, elegance and discerning taste.
All our suites and bedrooms have king-size or zip-link beds, while inter-connecting rooms have double and twin beds to amply accommodate four guests. Additionally, we have extra roll-away beds available for larger families.
Bathrobes, hair-dryers, refrigerated mini-bars with soft drinks and snacks, fresh fruit, biscuits, evening maid service, newspapers and magazines are all part of the service for our suites.
And we provide you with a same-day laundry and dry cleaning service.
Each suite and bedroom has two direct-dial telephone lines, and you have the choice of four television channels - Sky News, CNN and two movie channels.
The Spa offers beauty care and therapeutic treatments for both ladies and gentlemen. The staff at our Spa adds cosseting, pampering, massages, aroma therapy, facial and body treatments. Whatever spa treatments you choose, you will be in the sure, safe hands of our fully-qualified therapists.
We have a WI-FI system which provides a hook up to the Internet for hotel guests from anywhere within our hotel lobby.
(The photos may not be of the actual suite you will be staying in but are indicative of the fixtures and fittings you can expect to experience.)
Condo with 1 level
1 bedroom, 1 bath, 450 square feet, 42 square meters
2 guests maximum
30/45 Minutes by Car
The beautiful grounds of the hotel
No Pets Allowed
Activities of Interest
- Some of the finest hunting, shooting and fishing in the world is available in Scotland, and we can arrange to cater for your needs at short notice through our network of agents on Royal Deeside
- North-east Scotland offers a selection of superb courses –including wonderfully challenging traditional links courses at Cruden Bay and Royal Aberdeen Golf Club - the sixth oldest registered golf club in the world, established in 1780.
- We can arrange top-class wild salmon fishing for our guests, on the famous River Dee, which meanders just a few hundred yards from our location in the Royal Deeside Lower Valley.
Places of Interest
- Frequently referred to as Castle Country, the historic North-east of Scotland is home to around 1000 castles or castle ruins, providing a wealth of history to explore - from gruesome tales of battles fought, to strolls through romantic family estates.
- Scotland has the only malt whisky trail in the world - and it isn't that many miles from The Marcliffe Hotel and Spa.
Jane L.June 2018
We enjoyed a wonderful five days in the Junior Suite and were impressed with the hotel and service. The owner Stewart welcomed us and ensured we had a great time. The breakfasts alone are worth a stay at The Marcliffe! Aberdeen is a good base to explore around north Scotland and the coast and our highlight was a three hour Landrover safari around Sandringham Estate. Jane Lucas”
Petronio N.May 2018
The Marcliffe Hotel is a outstanding place to stay while visit Aberdeen and perfectly located for day trips to visit beautiful castles and gardens in the region. Highly recommended. ”
Pat M.July 2016
A lovely, large suite in a beautiful boutique 5 star hotel near many, many fabulous golf courses, including Royal Aberdeen and Trump. But so many others to play, at very reasonable prices. Our favorite was Stonehaven with almost all holes on the North Sea. A lovely, cozy drawing room serves lunch until 5, afternoon tea and delicious cocktails before dinner. Dinner is served in a lovely separate dining room and food is delicious and beautifully prepared. Service is superb. A fabulous trip! Pat Magdol”