Frio D Ranch
Nestled along the picturesque Frio River and Real County Mountains, Frio D Ranch is a tranquil environment that lends itself to outdoor adventure, creative inspiration and to quality time with friends and family.
Frio D Ranch encompasses 600 acres of land and is located on an old ranch property that was originally founded in the late 1800's and was the site of one of the last Indian raids in the territory. This part of Texas is a hidden treasure with high, rolling hills and the headwaters for several of Texas' major rivers.
The Frio D Ranch cabin is a cozy, 3 bedroom, 3 bath home with reclaimed wood floors and a barreled wood ceiling in the family room. This is a perfect place to experience a real Texas vacation!
There is a huge wraparound porch that looks towards the sunrise as it peeks over Mijo Mountain and a large open deck with an Alaskan hot-tub for moonrise and star viewings.
Two bedrooms feature King size beds and ensuite baths. The Bunk Room features a twin bed, bunk bed and a trundle.
A small kitchen has all of the cooking utensils you will need, fridge, stove, nespresso pixi, milk frother for lattes (no dishwasher) and a second fridge is located in the back hall for extra drinks and storage.
There is Dish TV, Wifi and a washer/dryer. We have an air-evac contract in place in case of emergencies as well as a heli-pad if you would like to take a helicopter in. There is a local landing strip just 5 miles from the cabin!
For an additional charge, our property’s management team can arrange outings, barbeques, and make-ready services, including grocery shopping and housekeeping. The team can also be on hand to prepare equipment for fishing, kayaking, tubing and other outdoor activities.
Our History Trail is a hiking circuit of about 2.5 miles and includes 13 plaques commemorating various components of Real County history. The property’s old homestead, the Red House, serves as a community center and second place to lounge... including a hot tub, TV, Sonos system, piano, games and a Texas-inspired library.
Here you can access the community river park which provides access to prime areas for swimming and kayaking on the Frio River. Situated beneath an ancient grove of oak trees, it is also the perfect location for cook-outs, sing-alongs, outdoor movies and family picnics. There is: Swimming, tubing, water biking and kayaking on a calm and secluded section of the Frio River. Fly fishing, Hiking a privately owned mountain, Washers and horseshoes, Mountain Biking and plenty of shade trees to read a book and relax!
Welcome to the Frio D!
Single Family Home with 1 level
3 bedrooms, 3 baths, 1500 square feet
King, King, and Bunk
8 guests maximum
San Antonio, Texas
2 hours by car
Frio River Valley and surrounding mountains
Activities of Interest
- For golf lovers - The Club at Concan and River Oaks Golf Course
- Frio River offers perfect tubing, swimming, and sunbathing. Water sports are great here.
- Enjoy Ultra-Lite air flights, hang gliding and paragliding.
- Motor-cyling through the Texas Hill Country is a big deal! Texas Highway 337 is one of the most popular and challenging roadways with winding roads and spectacular views. Leakey is a favourite stop-off point
Places of Interest
- Visit the Downtown Leakey - for dining experience, antiques and museum.
- Lone Star Motorcycle Museum - A collection of motorcycles dating from 1910's to the 1980's.
- If you fancy live music, you must visit House Pasture - best place in town.
- For nature watching and recreation, Lost Maples State is perfect - This area has almost 2200 scenic acres in Bandera and Real Counties, located north of Vanderpool on the Sabinal River.
- Other recreational area, Garner State Park - has 1420 acres of recreational facilities in northern Uvalde County. There are 10 water acres along the Frio River - for fishing, swiming and other activities.
- Visit other local towns such as Camp Wood, Concan, Vanderpool, Utopia, and Uvalde which are only a short driving distance from Leakey.
My Mom and Aunt recently stayed at the Frio D Ranch for a relaxing week away. They could not stop talking about the beauty of this place and the wonderful hospitality Nicole and her staff gave them. The accommodations were past expectations and the property was just stunning. We will definitely book this get away again!!! ”
Wonderful slice of life in the Texas Hill Country
The ranch house was very comfortable. Lisa, the ranch manager, was very helpful and one day she took us on a long tour of the ranch. We loved sitting on the porch during the day and having a campfire in the evening.”
Hill Country Heaven
The Frio Ranch was spectacular! This beautifully appointed ranch house sits on 600 acres in the Texas Hill Country. The Frio River runs through the property so this area of the river is private. The water is crystal clear, the fishing is great and they provide several water toys including kayaks, tubes and our favorite, water bikes. The home is very comfortable and perfect for a weeks stay. The huge porch is ideal for watching wildlife, and wood is provided for campfires. The ranch manager was great and very helpful. The owner provided us with complete details prior to our arrival. Can't say enough about what a beautiful place this is.”
- 40"+ TV
- Air Conditioning
- DVD Player
- High Speed Internet
- Hot Tub
- Multiple TVs
- Outdoor Grill
- Satellite/Cable TV
- Washer & Dryer
- Wireless Internet
- iPod Dock Stereo