Playa Panama, Costa Rica
As one of the most popular provinces in Costa Rica, Guanacaste is a tropical paradise with a pristine shoreline, beautiful mountain ranges and a number of volcanoes. Visitors enjoy the long summer days, active culture and unparalleled wildlife.
Located in the far northwest of Costa Rica, Guanacaste's geographical features are diverse and exotic. With endless options for recreation, there are countless reasons why locals and international visitors alike travel to Guanacaste.
Villa Durazno is a 12,000sq ft two story villa set on top of a hillside overlooking Panama Bay, and just a 20 minute drive from Liberia International Airport. The villa has unique detail, extensive use of natural materials and exquisite furnishings throughout.
The villa has 6 individually designed en-suite bedrooms (3 classed as master-suites),+ one twin, a huge salon/reception area, a large west-facing sun-terrace, an aquarium infinity pool, a professionally equipped kitchen, a BBQ/Rancho area, a games room and a large double garage. A/C and wi-fi are throughout.
There are number of beaches a short drive away, as well as bars, restaurants, golf courses and supermarkets. Opportunities to swim, snorkel, sail, fish, walk and trek are plentiful, as are opportunities to experience the diversity of the local tropical wildlife - bird life in particular is abundant and Humming Birds, Parakeets and Golden Orioles are common visitors to the villa's gardens.
Villa Durazno offers you top class luxury, location, service and privacy. Guaranteed.
You will also be able to have access to an Estate Manager who can arrange transport, spa treatments, chef and bartender services, excursions and any other activity (at extra costs) that will help to make your trip to Costa Rica one you will never forget.
Single Family Home with 2 levels
7 bedrooms, 8 baths, 12000 square feet, 1115 square meters
King, King, King, King, King, 2x Full, and 2x Twin
14 guests maximum
Liberia (LIR) International Airport, Costa Rica
20 minutes by car
Due West over the Pacific Ocean, with the Four Seasons set on the right.
No Pets Allowed
Not Handicap Accessible
View All Amenities
Activities of Interest
- Boats are available for hire - take along a picnic and snorkelling equipment to find your own private tropical paradise - enjoy exploring the deserted white sandy coves, some of which are accessible only by sea.
- There are many companies offering Wave Runners, Jet Skis and Parasail boating for hire within 10 – 15 minutes from your Villa. Explore the local coastline and deserted coves and stop off at a Hotel restaurant or bar for a drink or some lunch.
- The Pacific ports and beach resorts provide access to some the best deep-sea fishing in the world, and have long been known for their world-class Sailfish, Marlin, Yellow fin Tuna and Dorado Sport Fishing.
- Surfing – World-class surfing available with escorted tours from Coco Beach
- Costa Rica’s first public golf course is located in Libertad, about 10K south-east from Playas del Coco. The area offers several international golf courses and The Four Seasons Hotel also has the most spectacular and stunning course.
- The area is one of the most bio-diverse places on earth, with rainforests, mangrove swamps, cloud forests and a plethora of plant and animal life that add up to make this tiny Latin American country the place to be.
Places of Interest
- Volcano at Arenal - The Guanacaste province in northwest Costa Rica is a land of volcanic peaks, jungle valleys, scenic waterfalls and natural hot springs.
- You must visit the stunning beaches of Playa Coco, Playa Hermosa and Playa Panama, where you will also find restaurants/bars, watersports, cinema and shopping
- Playa Hermosa - Beach, Restaurants/Bars, Watersports, Cinema, Shopping
- Playa Panama - Beach, Restaurants/Bars & Watersports
- The village of Coco is a short 20 min drive and you can sample a variety of local restaurants and browse the stalls and shops. At night, Coco comes alive with vibrant bars and discos – you can even try your luck at the local casino.
Our stay at Villa Duranzno was very memorable from beginning to end. The community of Playa Panama is only 20 minutes from the international airport in Liberia, Costa Rica. The villa is more beautiful then the pictures depict but the very best asset is the English caretaker, Dave Spence. My husband commented from the very beginning that we were going to be so fortunate to have the aid of Dave for out trip with a family of nine. The setting and the amenities are bountiful. Dave can guide you through every question and every need from car rental to fishing and sailing. Dave arranged for "Private Chef of Costa Rica" to come in and prepare a delicious meal for us on three nights. The villa is so large you feel you could get lost. Thank you so much, Villa Durazno!!!”
Pura Vida Perfection!
We can't express enough nice things about our stay at Villa Durranzo. The location is key, as this villa is a short 20 minute drive from Liberia Airport and is located in a private gated community. We felt very safe and enjoyed morning walks with amazing views and even spotted some monkeys in the trees! We were a group of 10 and enjoyed the luxurious accommodations of the villa with a private pool and beautiful open air living areas . We all had luxury suites with full bathrooms, one of the suites even has an outdoor shower! With a short drive to 3 lovely beaches, everything you need for a great stay is right there. The concierge, Dave, arranged a private sunset catamaran excursion for us . Also, a chef’s dinner that was prepared and served at the villa along with amazing sunset views. Our stay at Villa Duranzo was restful, fun, and truly enjoyable. When we come back to Costa Rica, Villa Durranzo will be our number one 3rd home choice . ”