Monteleone d'Orvieto - Terni, Italy
Podere Vigliano, a 275 year old farmhouse, is beautifully restored in the old style situated on 10 acres in the Umbrian countryside bordering Tuscany.
Enter the cypress lined entrance to the enchanting private grounds. Walk among the olive groves, vineyard, fruit trees, oak forest, and manicured gardens, or relax by the private swimming pool or in an easy chair under the pergola sipping wine, and enjoying the peaceful views.
Choose between the four alfresco dining spots on the groomed property- each with views of the surrounding hills and the ever present golden silhouette of the hill town above. Relax and refresh by the private swimming pool. Start your day with an outdoor shower by the pool, cappuccinos, figs plucked from the tree, pecorino cheese and local honey-or hike up to the town cafe. Pick what is ripe from our fruit trees and vegetable garden. Cook with herbs growing outside in our kitchen garden.
Each bedroom offers a clean, effortless style of its own with window views for fresh air and light streaming in. Several comfy spots inside to gather or find some alone time. Peace abounds.
Ideally located midway between Florence and Rome, it is easy to visit the famous hill towns of Umbria and Tuscany and return home to the countryside to relax. The A-1 autostrada and the main train station in Chiusi are close by for easy access.
We are a 30 minute walk up to the walled town with several great restaurants, bars, wine bar, and grocery stores.
Monteleone hosts several well known festivals. Cooking classes or a cook at the farmhouse can be arranged at a cost, as well as customized tours or itineraries.
Single Family Home with 2 levels
4 bedrooms, 3 baths, 2500 square feet
King, King, Queen, and 2x Twin
8 guests maximum
1h by car
The beautiful Umbrian countryside
Activities of Interest
- Wine Country
- Wine tasting sessions and tours to the various vineyards and cellars of the most important wineries in Umbria are an easy drive from the property.
- Hiking paradise with great countryside trails all accross the region.
Places of Interest
- For the art lovers this region is perfect with amazing pieces to be found in nearby towns including art treasures from Piero dela Francesca, Perugino and other Renaissance masters.
- The cultural and artistic gems of Siena, Arezzo, Assisi and Todi can be reached in no more than an hour by car.
- The magnificent basilica of St. Francis of Assisi, a UNESCO World Heritage Site is not far.
- Visit the nearby historic town of Monteleone with its original medieval boundary walls and beautifully preserved northern gate and "Torrione" (Big Tower) offering wonderful views of Umbrian and Tuscan countryside.
Four couples spent a wonderful Fall week in Podere Vigliano, exploring surounding towns and villages by day and returning at night to cook and eat and drink the freshly collected regional foods and wines. The house comfortably held us all as well as the illusion that we had connected with eternal Umbria. None of us wanted to leave when the week was done.”
Lovely Italian Farmhouse in the Umbrian Countryside
Susan has done a wonderful job in restoring her 275 year old farmhouse. The location is perfect and the farmhouse far exceeded our expectations! We had two couples traveling with us and we were able to easily do day trips to Orvieto, Todi, Cortona, San Gimignano, Volterra. Susan has day trips and all of the history of the farmhouse readily available to peruse. Her recommendations are terrific! The grounds and pool are private and the views breathtaking. The medievil town of Monteleone d'Orvieto is a few minutes from the farmhouse and there are a couple of really good restaurants and a small market there. We stayed in a couple of nights and used the outside BBQ and it was really wonderful! Our stay was everything and more than we had hoped for and we truly did not want to leave. Thank you so much for everything, Susan! We can't wait to go back!”
- Air Conditioning
- DVD Player
- Outdoor Pool
- Satellite/Cable TV
- Washer & Dryer
- Wireless Internet