Podere Vigliano, a 275 year old farmhouse, is beautifully restored in the old style situated on 10 acres in the Umbrian countryside bordering Tuscany.
Enter the cypress lined entrance to the enchanting private grounds. Walk among the olive groves, vineyard, fruit trees, oak forest, and manicured gardens, or relax by the private swimming pool or in an easy chair under the pergola sipping wine, and enjoying the peaceful views.
Choose between the four alfresco dining spots on the groomed property- each with views of the surrounding hills and the ever present golden silhouette of the hill town above. Relax and refresh by the private swimming pool. Start your day with an outdoor shower by the pool, cappuccinos, figs plucked from the tree, pecorino cheese and local honey-or hike up to the town cafe. Pick what is ripe from our fruit trees and vegetable garden. Cook with herbs growing outside in our kitchen garden.
Each bedroom offers a clean, effortless style of its own with window views for fresh air and light streaming in. Several comfy spots inside to gather or find some alone time. Peace abounds.
Ideally located midway between Florence and Rome, it is easy to visit the famous hill towns of Umbria and Tuscany and return home to the countryside to relax. The A-1 autostrada and the main train station in Chiusi are close by for easy access.
We are a 30 minute walk up to the walled town with several great restaurants, bars, wine bar, and grocery stores. Monteleone hosts several well known festivals. Cooking classes or a cook at the farmhouse can be arranged at a cost, as well as customized tours or itineraries.
Private Residence with 2 levels
4 bedrooms, 3 baths, 2500 square feet, 233 square meters
King, King, Queen, and 2x Twin
8 guests maximum
1h by car
The beautiful Umbrian countryside
No Pets Allowed
Not Handicap Accessible
View All Amenities
Activities of Interest
- Wine Country
- Wine tasting sessions and tours to the various vineyards and cellars of the most important wineries in Umbria are an easy drive from the property.
- Hiking paradise with great countryside trails all accross the region.
Places of Interest
- For the art lovers this region is perfect with amazing pieces to be found in nearby towns including art treasures from Piero dela Francesca, Perugino and other Renaissance masters.
- The cultural and artistic gems of Siena, Arezzo, Assisi and Todi can be reached in no more than an hour by car.
- The magnificent basilica of St. Francis of Assisi, a UNESCO World Heritage Site is not far.
- Visit the nearby historic town of Monteleone with its original medieval boundary walls and beautifully preserved northern gate and "Torrione" (Big Tower) offering wonderful views of Umbrian and Tuscan countryside.
Susan was the best host ever! Nice house with a wonderful outdoor setup with a spectacular view of Monteleone d’orvieto. a great place to relax and great location to visit small towns in Umbria. Thank you Susan.”
Gorgeous location and beautifully restored house. Two ensuite bathrooms one with shower and the other with tub shower. Another shared bathroom with shower. The owner Susan provides extensive information regarding day trips, winery visits, restaurants, etc. We had a fabulous time. ”
What a fabulous week we had and Podere Vigliano was at the center of it all. Susan was truly one of the very best host’s we’ve had in the 20+ properties we have enjoyed. The house was perfect for three couples and gave everyone space with wonderful rooms and areas to enjoy. After spending days touring the amazing hill towns of Umbria, we came back to a swim in the pool and/or wine and cocktails in front of the outdoor fireplace while watching the full moon and millions of stars. The area was perfect, the house was delightful and we could not have had a more marvelous time!”