Big Canoe Mountain Escape
Big Canoe Mountain Escape
This fabulous six-bedroom, seven-bath, 3,000 sq. ft. home was featured on the 2010 Big Canoe tour of homes and is conveniently situated minutes from the North Gate. The panoramic sixty-mile mountain views are astonishing and provide the perfect ambiance for your relaxing mountain vacation!
The home's interior features high ceilings (9 ft. or higher), some cathedral ceilings, a beautiful entrance foyer, exposed beams, hardwood floors, and four fireplaces. Rooms include a great room, family room, bonus room, library/office, media room, recreation room, screened porch, sunroom, wine cellar, laundry room, and a dining room that seats 12.
The gourmet kitchen is made for entertaining! It includes all necessary appliances, stained cabinets, stone countertops, center island, keeping room, pantry, wine rack, breakfast bar, and breakfast room.
There are a total of 6 bedrooms in the home. The spacious master suite has an ensuite bath with a luxurious claw foot tub along with a bidet, double vanity, and separate tub/shower. Out of the other bedrooms, 2 have king beds, 1 has a queen, 1 with a twin, and 1 with two twins.
The sunroom contains a grill and fireplace, perfect for meals when it's too chilly to dine out on the patio. The views from the porch and patio are spectacular! Take some time to relax in the rocking chairs and enjoy the peaceful mountain scenery.
Private Residence with 3 levels
6 bedrooms, 7 baths, 7000 square feet, 651 square meters
King, King, King, Queen, Twin, and 2x Twin
12 guests maximum
Atlanta International Airport (ATL)
1 hour and 20 minutes by car
Extensive gorgeous mountain views
No Pets Allowed
Not Handicap Accessible
View All Amenities
Activities of Interest
- Wine Country
- 27 holes in the area on courses set against a stunning mountain backdrop makes for a beautiful and relaxing round of golf
- For shopping, head to North Georgia Premium Outlets, which is home to over 130 Outlet Stores from the biggest name brands
- Spend an evening grilling at the house, relaxing in the sun room, and playing board games
- Try canoeing or paddle boating
- Big Canoe's park-like setting includes 8,000+ acres of pristine woodlands, meadows, lakes and streams to explore!
- Attend an annual festival. Several include the Wildflower Festival of the Arts, Georgia Wine Country Festival, Ellijay's Georgia Apple Festival, Jasper's Georgia Marble Festival, and John C. Campbell Folk Art School Fall Festival
- Big Canoe also has more than 50 social clubs and a calendar packed with events, performances, and festivals year round
- Stroll through wildflower meadows linked by paved trails for walking, running, and biking in McDaniel Meadows
- Become a bird-watcher! Big Canoe’s 8,000 acres are home to an abundance of North Georgia bird varieties
- Relax and unwind with a massage, hot stone treatment, or reflexology session at The Spa at Big Canoe
Places of Interest
- Amicalola Falls (20 minute drive)– The state park allows for beautiful hikes on a variety of trails in the area and the chance to see the stunning waterfall
- Atlanta (1 hour drive north)
- Gibbs Gardens (15 minute drive)- newly opened, features 225 acres of 16 separate gardens. The gardens were built into a mature forest in the rolling hills of the North Georgia mountains and feature the largest Japanese gardens in the United States
- Historic Dahlonega, Georgia (40 minute drive)- home of the first US gold rush in 1828
- The Big Canoe Clubhouse at Lake Sconte has 3 different restaurants to dine at
- Big Canoe has more than 20 miles of trails that are abundant with diverse wildlife and fresh mountain air
Spent the week of July 4th at this house & everything was fabulous; the home is large & has lovely mountain views. Lots of extra features in the house itself made it relaxing & enjoyable (rec room, outdoor decks, outdoor kitchen, etc). Big Canoe community is laid back but has many activities such as boating, community pool/lake (small fee), jogging trails, and Atlanta is a short day trip (90 min.) ”