Harbour Heights of Portsalon
Harbour Heights of Portsalon
If you are seeking a relaxing spot for a peaceful, restorative escape from your hectic life then look no further. Harbour Heights is a luxury 3 bedroom, 3 bath, 1,500 sq. ft. holiday home located on an elevated site in the picturesque seaside village of Portsalon in North West Donegal. It enjoys superb views of Lough Swilly, Ballymastocker Bay, and the Inishowen Hills.
The bright and spacious open plan area on the ground floor consists of a fully-fitted modern kitchen, a large dining area and a superb conservatory. The cottage can accommodate up to seven guests in its three ensuite bedrooms and is ideal for families wanting to avail of Portsalon’s many outdoor activities.
The spacious open plan living room of the holiday home has a peat burning stovax fireplace and enjoys intimate views over the spectacular Ballymastocker Bay. It is beautifully furnished with a large settee, armchair, television and stereo. The dining area, open to the living room, seats 8 comfortably.
The well designed kitchen will ensure that your self catering experience in Harbour Heights will be as stress free as possible. All modern kitchen appliances are near to hand including a dishwasher, fridge freezer, and electric oven/hob. Head to a local market to stock up on produce and ingredients and try your hand at making a traditional Irish dish! There is also a washing machine and tumble dryer for your convenience. The kitchen is located adjacent to the large dining area.
There are three bedrooms in the home, two which contain queen size beds and a third that has two twin size beds. The master bedroom is located on the first floor. This ensuite bedroom has a king sized bed and enjoys wonderful sea views. Also located on the first floor is a childrens bedroom with two single beds. This room has ensuite facilities and a play area. On the ground floor there is a double bedroom (king sized) with an ensuite shower room.
The home also has a beautiful, bright conservatory which overlooks Lough Swilly and Ballymastocker Bay. Outside you'll find a patio area, an ideal spot to start your day with a hot cup of morning coffee.
About the Area
Sarah's Restaurant and The Stores Bar are a few hundred feet from the cottage. Kayaks, pedal boats, wetsuits and boogie boards can be hired from The Stores. A surfing school offers lessons at the spectacular Wave beach on the North Atlantic.
The wonderful blue flag beach of Portsalon is less than a 5 minute walk from the cottage. The village of Portsalon is centrally located on the Fanad Peninsula. This beautiful peninsula stretches north from the village of Milford to Fanad Head and back down to the heritage village of Ramelton. It contains numerous bays, glorious beaches, rugged mountains, rolling hills and numerous small lakes.
County Donegal has some of the most famous golf courses in Ireland, including Donegal Golf Course, Rossapenna, Narin & Portnoo, as well as Portsalon's own 18 hole course which is just a five minute walk from Harbour Heights Cottage. Portsalon Golf Club has been extensively re-designed in the last few years and is now one of the finest courses in the North West of Ireland!
Sights to See
The Wild Atlantic Way is a 2,500 km continuous route along the spectacular west coast of Ireland and begins at Malin Head, Donegal which is next to Fanad Peninsula, where the home is located.
Slieve League, some of the highest sea cliffs in Europe, reach 2000' with stunning views of the Atlantic Ocean.
Glenveigh National Park is a 35,000 acre nature preserve and includes historic Glenveigh Castle.
For a holiday experience where a superb beach, a fabulous golf course, and beautiful scenery are all literally on your doorstep, look no further than this modern holiday home in the lovely village of Portsalon!
Single Family Home with 2 levels
3 bedrooms, 3 baths, 1500 square feet, 140 square meters
Queen, Queen, and 2x Twin
7 guests maximum
City of Derry Airport (LDY), Belfast International Airport (BFS), or Dublin Airport (DUB)
1 hour by car (LDY), 2.5 hours by car (BFS), 3.5 hours by car (DUB)
Unobstructed views of Ballymastocker Bay and the Third Portsalon Beach
Pets Welcome Upon Approval
Not Handicap Accessible
View All Amenities
Activities of Interest
- Take in the incredible views from Slieve League, a mountain which at 601 metres has some of the highest sea cliffs in Ireland
- Visit Glenveagh National Park to discover mountains, lakes, glens and woods, home to a herd of red deer. A Scottish style castle is surrounded by one of the prettiest gardens in Ireland
- Head into Donegal Town to tour Donegal Castle, built by the O'Donnell chieftain in the 15th century beside the River Eske
- Step back in time at the Dunlewey Centre, which offers guided tours of the historic homestead, restaurant & tea room, craft shop, play area, craft demonstrations, lakeside walks, an audio-visual dow about Dunlewey, farmyard animals, pony rides, & more!
- Savour the stunning Inishowen Peninsula with its many scenic and historical gems
- Explore beautiful Letterkenny, known as the Cathedral Town, owed to the stunning Roman Catholic cathedral of St. Eunan's and Saint Columba
- Wander through the Donegal Garden Trail, comprised of 26 private and publicly owned gardens that are open for visitors at differing times throughout the gardening season
Places of Interest
- North West Coast of Ireland
- Golf enthusiasts have plenty of choice here with several great golfing facilities including Ballyliffin, Buncrana, Portsalon, Rossapenna, and Donegal Golf Clubs are all close by
- Enjoy the beautiful historic city of Derry, full of culture, creativity and a buzzing social scene- 1 hour drive
- Killybegs International Carpet Making & Fishing Centre
- Dungloe- offers boxing, bistros, surfing, walking, and fishing
- Bundoran- perfect for visiting beaches, surfing, nightlife, music festivals, and scenic running trails
Cottage in Portsalon, Ireland
This relatively new cottage is located in the northern reaches of County Donegal in the very small town of Portsalon in the Republic of Ireland. The setting overlooking the water is beautiful, and there is a very nice old links golf course just down the road. There was a serious water pressure issue during our stay in early June, 2017, leaving one of the 2 showers completely inoperable and the other shower only marginally working with sporadic hot water. The stateside owner tried to correct the problem just before our arrival without success, as her plumber told her it was a problem affecting the whole area. If you are considering booking this house, be sure this problem has been corrected, as the prospect of the lack of a decent shower for a week led us to leave after a few days and find other lodgings in the north of Ireland as best we could at considerable expense. When contacted about the shower issue the second day of our week, the local caretaker told us to call the owner, who was very nice and apologetic, but we were left on our own to cope with the problem.”
- DVD Player
- Gated Community
- Multiple TVs
- Pets (with Approval)
- Washer & Dryer