The Sandcastle at Watercolor
Santa Rosa Beach, Florida
The Sandcastle at Watercolor
Welcome to the beach house of your dreams! This immaculate 5 bedroom, 5 bath, 3,400 sq. ft. luxury vacation home is located within the community of WaterColor on Northwest Florida's pristine Gulf Coast. A vibrant beach resort and residential community that eases into its natural surroundings with a Southern simplicity and grace, Watercolor is truly stunning. Tucked between the beautiful beaches of the Emerald Coast and Western Lake, a natural 220-acre coastal lake, the community is rich in natural beauty.
From the front porch of The Sandcastle, you can sit out in a rocking chair on the spacious deck and look out at the beautiful private park adjacent from the house. A beautiful setting for your morning coffee!
Upon entering the home, you'll discover the great room, a perfect place for the family/friends to sit back, relax and enjoy some quality time. Pop on the DirecTV and get lost in your favorite show after your exhausting day on vacation or hang out with friends on the spacious beachesque furniture.
Right off from the great room is one of the most beautiful gourmet chef's kitchens you can imagine. Complete with two Sub Zero fridges, ice maker, Keurig coffee machine, wine cooler and more.
The high ceilings and private balcony of the master bedroom give you plenty of space to relax and enjoy yourself after a long day at the beach. The room contains a king bed with 600 count sheets and is equipped with DirecTV and Apple TV, a walk-in closet, subzero refrigerator, and has double doors that lead to the front screened porch, where you can lounge on Brown Jordan patio furniture. The ensuite bathroom is all marble- the marble floors are heated to a comfortable 80 degrees. There is a bathtub as well as a separate steam shower. An instant hot water circulating pump gives your steam shower hot water as soon as you turn it on! Have a rejuvenating steam in the master bath steam shower, cozy up in one of the provided bathrobes, grab a book you've been meaning to read, and lay out on the balcony overlooking a quiet green park.
The second bedroom located on the first floor has quick access to the backyard pool/grilling area. Equipped with DirecTV and AppleTV you'll never be looking for something to do between the beach, swimming, grilling and relaxing.
Located on the second floor, the third bedroom has quick access to the second floor screened balcony. Enjoy yourself on the swinging couch and watch some DirecTV on the balcony. Or, head into your room for a restful night on our 600 thread count linens.
The 6 bed bunk room is PERFECT for the kids! Sleeping six, you can pack all the youngsters you can handle into this nautical themed room. With a porthole door and ship style bunks, the kids will never want to leave the room! The attached bathroom has two sinks and a full shower.
The 3rd floor playroom has a large sectional sofa for lounging and is ideal for kids and teens. The flatscreen tv is equipped with Nintendo Wii, Xbox, Apple TV, a Blu Ray player, and DirecTV. Don't forget to bring your games! A kitchenette comprised of a subzero refrigerator, microwave and sink complete the room.
Even though you're on vacation, you might still have to get some work done. Don't fret! The Sand Castle has the perfect den/office space for you to take a quick break from the hustle and bustle of vacation and focus on some work, or just a good book and some alone time! This room contains a twin sleeper sofa, and pocket doors close for privacy.
When you're done with your day at the beach, take a dip in your private heated pool. Then throw some steaks on the grill and enjoy the game on the outdoor television equipped with DirecTV! The pool deck backs up to a WaterColor preserve and is very private. The pool itself has saline water that contains no chemicals. The outdoor kitchen has a BBQ grill, sink, and subzero refrigerator. There is plenty of patio furniture and lounge chairs for seating, and 3 umbrellas to keep the hot sun at bay.
The pool house is filled with beach/backpack chairs to take to the beach- very handy as this saves you from having to rent an umbrella and chair set up on the beach! After a day on the beach, you'll appreciate the outdoor shower, where you can rinse off sand before returning inside.
The home is fully equipped with everything you need. Fresh thick towels and luxury bed linens are provided. For your convenience, there are also pool towels, beach chairs, and 9 bikes (with locks and helmets) for heading to the beach.
It is a 10 minute bike ride (bikes are the main mode of transportation in WaterColor!) to the beach and 2 min walk to Camp Watercolor, a day camp for kids that is offered all summer. Register at Watercolor resort for day camp. All residents and their guests are welcome. Amenity ID cards will gain you access to all the pools, tennis courts and boat house. Amenity resort cards are extra at $270 per week.
Located in Watercolor's Camp District, you're either a 1 minute bike ride to the camp pool and park or a short 2 min walk just across the street. The residence is a short drive/bike ride to Publix grocery store and 10 minute bike ride to the beach and town of Seaside. If you need extra bikes, they are available through Big Daddy Bike Shop. Give them a call and you will have bikes delivered to the door. Smaller child bikes and even a tandem is available. There are bike paths and trails all over for everyone to use. Beach cruisers are the main mode of transportation! It is very safe to ride anywhere in the community, all vehicles yield to bicycle traffic.
Single Family Home with 3 levels
5 bedrooms, 5 baths, 3400 square feet
King, Queen, Twin, Queen, and Bunk
14 guests maximum
Panama City, Florida
30 minutes by car
Park from the front porch and preserve from the backyard
You can purchase an amenity resort card for an additional fee of $270 per week. The card provides access to 4 community swimming pools, tennis facility, nearby golf course, beachside and lakeside dining.
Watercolor has been named the No. 1 vacation destination in the country. The 499-acre community provides everything you need for long lasting memories with your family and friends. The white sand beach and turquoise water is as close to the Caribbean experience you will find in the U.S. Gulf water is refreshingly warm! Pull up beach chairs and umbrellas and enjoy your days in the sun. It doesn't get better than this!
Activities of Interest
- Seaside offers quaint boutiques for shopping. You may also enjoy heading over to nearby Destin for the outlet mall.
- Enjoy a wide variety of outdoor activities including: beach access, swimming, paddle boarding and kayaking (Gulf & Lake) and surfing!
- Go hiking on natural forest trails - Creek Trail offers 4 miles of hiking and biking enjoyment. Easily accessible, one can meander through the trails and enjoy the beauty of South Walton’s natural resources
- See an exhibit at the Bayou Arts Center featuring seasonal shows and workshops with a variety of talented artists
- Visit St. Francis Winery and Vineyards for 5 star dining with great wine pairings
Places of Interest
- Watercolor Resort Community- 5 minutes from the beach
- City of Seaside- a 10 min walk for shopping and restaurants
- Watercolor Beach and Seaside Beach- both gorgeous with turquoise water and clean white sand
- The Great Southern Café is a dining venture you will not want to pass! They serve up Southern specialties with a twist using local food for breakfast, lunch and dinner.
- Head over to the WaterColor Coastal Farmers’ Market. They are open every Sunday and offer 30 vendors featuring the bounty of the area. You can purchase farm fresh eggs, produce and dairy. There are also great selections of beef, chicken and pork
- Bud & Alley's Waterfront Restaurant is a great place for Southern fare. Established in 1987, you will love their devotion to farm- and sea-to-table dining
- Shark's Tooth Golf Club offers a magnificant wooded backdrop. Situated on Flordia's largest coastal dune lake, you will enjoy this beautiful club in the midst of preserved wetlands
- The Rep Theatre- Northwest Florida's premier professional theatre company
- Air Conditioning
- Chef's Kitchen
- Multiple TVs
- Outdoor Grill
- Outdoor Pool
- Satellite/Cable TV
- Washer & Dryer
- Wireless Internet