The Honeymoon Suite at Mosvold Villas
A palpable sense of splendour surrounds your home away from home.
Kick off your dusty shoes, slip into something cool and settle down with a good book and a cocktail. You can be yourself at your home in paradise, without having to lift a finger.
The idea of feeling at home in exotic locations led the Mosvold family to create a luxury collection of beloved island getaways in Sri Lanka.
Days unfold into nights in a dreamy routine of resting, exploring and indulging.
Silky sand gives way to the rip and curl of blue-green ocean that is safe for swimming throughout the year. Try your luck with the stilt fisherman who sets up shop to your left. The more ambitious folk come out at dusk to hunt for octopus and lobster, creating bobbing dots of light on the inky horizon. In your vantage to the distance are surfers chasing after the famous Kabalana waves.
Dotted along the open plan verandah are sun beds, armchairs and loveseats to lounge on. Also yours to indulge in are the bright and breezy pool, bar and deck where champagne and fresh seafood barbeques are served.
An expert on Eastern and Western fusion fair, Chef Silva is the undisputed hero of the Villa. He and the rest of the staff have the unique ability to match their service to the ebb and flow of their guests’ island reverie.
The exclusive honeymoon suite with an en-suite bathroom is a quiet, spacious sanctuary. Meals are delivered to the private deck which is outfitted with a plunge pool, twin sun beds and a second shower cubicle for your convenience. A plush day bed is cleverly placed against wide bay windows, over to which you can swivel the flat screen TV. Magnificent sunsets and sunrises can also be captured from the honeymoon room’s quaint flying-fish verandah. And if you and your loved one decide to step away from your romantic refuge, the beach resides just a stone’s throw away.
Boutique Hotel with 1 level
1 bedroom, 1 bath, 300 square feet, 28 square meters
2 guests maximum
Bandaranaike International Airport.
1 hour 30 minutes approx.
The stunning Indian ocean
No Pets Allowed
Not Handicap Accessible
Activities of Interest
- There is a reef in front of Mosvold Villas making it an ideal snorkelling location.
- Sri Lanka is home to over ten ecological reserves inhabited by leopards, elephants, sloth bear, deer and peacocks as well as over a thousand tropical bird, fruit and flower varieties.
- Arugambay Beach is one of the top ten surf destinations in the world, this is one of the key places that has attracted many tourists and surf enthusiasts.
- Kalpitiya - famous for the beaches and marine life, you will be able to see blue whales and dolphins swimming these waters. Kite surfers also find the ideal conditions here to enjoy this adrenaline pumping activity.
Places of Interest
- Guests can go on a whale watching trip in Mirissa, visit the historic city of Galle or the famous Yala National Park.
- The Temple of the Tooth Relic is the focal point of Sri Lankan culture, where the tooth relic of the Lord Buddha is placed in much reverence.
- The Lion Rock Fortress is an ingenious piece of architecture that has merged the classical touch of elegance to each corner of the fortress, while its irrigation system and highly commendable archaeological precision still baffles.
- Dambulla cave temple or the more famously known Golden temple of Dambulla, is a world heritage site located at the central part of the island.