Somerset, United Kingdom
The Courthouse is located on the Dorset/Somerset border in a rural idyllic location surrounded by fields and with far reaching views over the River Yeo towards the village of Trent in Dorset.
The Courthouse is a fine example of a Jacobean Manor house dating back to circa 1630 and the property is mainly constructed in ham stone which is typical of the area and boasts many period features including stone mullion windows, flagstone floors and impressive fireplaces. The house is topped with three handsome stone ball finials.
The home provides excellent accommodation ideal for entertaining with a well proportioned reception hall, 3 fine reception rooms with open fireplaces, a study, snug, large kitchen/dining room and utility room.
On the first floor there are 6 bedrooms and 2 bathrooms. The property has its own driveway and is set in a good land holding of about 5 acres.
For those of you looking for an authentic West Country experience a stay at The Courthouse will not disappoint.
Single Family Home with 2 levels
7 bedrooms, 2 baths, 3000 square feet
King, Queen, Queen, Queen, Queen, Queen, and Twin
16 guests maximum
Exeter Airport (EXT) or Bristol Airport (BRS)
1 hour and 1 hour 10 respectively
Far-reaching views over the river Yeo to the village of Trent in Dorset.
Activities of Interest
- There are plenty of activities that can be arranged: shooting, zorbing, horse riding, fishing, bushcraft, reservoir sailing, sea sailing at Weymouth and 'its a knock out' style sports to put some fun into the activities.
Places of Interest
- Sherborne is, without doubt, one of the most beautiful towns in England. With its abundance of medieval buildings, superb Abbey, world famous Schools, picturesque Almshouse and two Castles, Sherborne has much to offer visitors.
- Wells Cathedral, described as “the most poetic of the English Cathedrals”, is set in the medieval heart of England’s smallest city and is the earliest English cathedral to be built in the Gothic style.
- The Red Lion Babcary is a stunning Somerset Inn. Built within a quaint thatched building, this refined country pub is just a few miles from the Fleet Air Arm Haynes Motor museums
- The Halfway House in nearby Pitney is an authentic rustic pub with a slate floor worn smooth by the tread of generations of drinkers, a faint scent of wood smoke from the fireplaces and the delicious scent of home cooking coming from the kitchen.
- 40"+ TV
- Chef's Kitchen
- DVD Player
- Espresso Machine
- High Speed Internet
- Hot Tub
- Satellite/Cable TV
- Washer & Dryer
- Wireless Internet