Georgian Estate in Kinsale - Ireland's Gourmet Capital
***We welcome enquiries for reduced stays. Contact us if interested in less than 7 nights. We regularly have availability from Sunday to Friday (5 nights) all year round. There are direct flights from the USA/Canada/Asia etc to Dublin (we are 2.5 hours drive from Dublin Airport) or fly to London and then a 1 hour flight to Cork Airport (we are 25 minutes drive from Cork Airport).***
This house is a fully-restored private estate on the outskirts of Ireland's premier tourist town and gourmet capital, Kinsale. It was built in the late 1700s with 10 foot high stone walls bordering its 40 acres - so you get the true sense of an exclusive Irish Georgian estate.
There are many activities around Kinsale - including the world-famous Old Head Golf Course which has been voted 'World's Most Spectacular Golf Course' by Links Magazine; several equestrian centres with both indoor/outdoor arenas, country rides and beach riding; outdoor activity centres with sailing, windsurfing, boat hire etc; sail and power boat hire companies; and many shops, art galleries, cafes and restaurants in Kinsale.
It is also at the start of the famous West Cork Tourist Trail which starts at Kinsale and winds its way around the coast to Bantry. Other popular tourist destinations within 1 hour are Cork city, Blarney Castle and Cobh (the last port of call of the Titanic). And within 2 hours drive are Killarney, Kenmare, Waterford, etc. Shannon and Dublin International Airports with many direct flights to the USA are around 2.5 hours drive from the House.
You will have one staff member on call to answer any questions or solve any problems you may have during your stay, so you are not left on your own. They can also provide information on day trips, tours and sights to see in the area.
The 8 bedrooms for your use are in 3 different wings of the house. Also some of the King beds can be split into 2 singles if you require. You will also have a large living room, TV room, dining room, sitting room and outdoor dining areas, as well as a domestic kitchen. If you would like our chef to come in and cook for your group - either breakfast, lunch, dinner, BBQs, picnics etc - this can be organised by prior arrangement at additional cost. Please let us know your requirements and we will organise it for you.
We look forward to hosting 3RD HOME members in our home.
Estate with 2 levels
8 bedrooms, 8 baths, 14000 square feet, 1301 square meters
King, King, King, King, Queen, Queen, Queen, and Queen
16 guests maximum
Cork International Airport
25 minutes by car
Rolling hills of Irish countryside - own 40 acre estate with jetty into the Bandon River - and only 5 minutes drive from Ireland's Gourmet Capital Kinsale
Pets Welcome Upon Approval
Not Handicap Accessible
---- Extra Services and Costs for 3rd Home Members ---
* We provide a daily buffet continental breakfast, daily maid service for housekeeping (approx. 2 hours per day) and one hour of concierge services per day. The minimum charge is Euro 500 per day for up to 12 guests. Additional guests are Euro 50 per person per day. This charge applies to all resident guests.
Additional services and prices:
* Our commercial laundry is not suitable for guests to use. We can provide a laundry service and prices are based on the number of items.
* We have a freelance events co-ordinator who is available to schedule and co-ordinate your trip and all activities. Let us know and we can provide a quote for their services.
* For these additional activities, there will be a 20% charge of the activity cost to your group to cover the co-ordination time. Additional hourly rates to cover administration time may apply as well.
* A private chef is available for lunches, picnics, simple dinner or formal dining. Menus are available on our website or contact us. Priced depending on your requirements and must be organised in advance.
* We have a fully stocked bar at normal bar prices. If you would like to use the bar, there is a setup/staffing charge of Euro 100 plus the cost of the drinks. The bar will only be open when requested and staffed.
* If you have a larger group and would like more than 8 bedrooms, we have 6 additional rooms which are available at a cost.
Activities of Interest
- Kayaks are available on the property
Places of Interest
- Kinsale - Irelands premier tourist village
- Blarney Castle
- Old Head of Kinsale - golf course
- West Cork
Nancy S.July 2020
A stunning experience In every way. Our group was the first group after the opening following Covid, and we could not been more taken care of! The staff and owners were incredible and went out of their way to ensure that we were happy and healthy. The home is so unique in that each room depicts a different country traveled to at one point by the Prime Minister. We loved every minute, Especially the staff, accommodations and food. We highly recommend this one of a kind estate!”
JennyBess C.December 2019
We could not have had a better stay in this property: it was absolutely incredible! Gorgeous, quirky space with top-notch staff and incredible amenities. On booking, we wondered about the value of the mandatory daily fee, but believe me, the service and cuisine are worth every Euro and more. The staff was highly attentive, professional, and easy to work with. We traveled as a group of eight and worked with the host to organize a private birthday dinner party, including a live traditional Irish band (Fiona Tattan). It was wonderful! The food was arguably the best we had in ten days in Ireland. The daily continental breakfast is sumptuous and delicious. The grounds are beautiful and easily accessible by taxi for a night out in Kinsale pubs. Overall, we could not recommend this property more highly and already cannot wait to return.”
Natalie Daprile A.June 2018
This Ballinacurra House was utterly amazing! It is everything that it appears to be from the pictures. We had a great concierge and a wonderful dinner/party. It is also truly only 5 min from town and very convenient. The only drawback is the charge of 50 Euro per person for a breakfast that is not hot. Otherwise, all is great!!”