Georgian Estate in Kinsale - Ireland's Gourmet Capital
***We welcome enquiries for reduced stays. Contact us if interested in less than 7 nights. We regularly have availability from Sunday to Friday (5 nights). Note that there are now direct flights from Boston/Providence to Cork Airport on Norwegian Air***
This house is a fully-restored private estate on the outskirts of Ireland's premier tourist town and gourmet capital, Kinsale. It was built in the late 1700s with 10 foot high stone walls bordering its 40 acres - so you get the true sense of an exclusive Irish Georgian estate.
There are many activities around Kinsale - including the world-famous Old Head Golf Course which has been voted 'World's Most Spectacular Golf Course' by Links Magazine; several equestrian centres with both indoor/outdoor arenas, country rides and beach riding; outdoor activity centres with sailing, windsurfing, boat hire etc; sail and power boat hire companies; and many shops, art galleries, cafes and restaurants in Kinsale.
It is also at the start of the famous West Cork Tourist Trail which starts at Kinsale and winds its way around the coast to Bantry. Other popular tourist destinations within 1 hour are Cork city, Blarney Castle and Cobh (the last port of call of the Titanic). And within 2 hours drive are Killarney, Kenmare, Waterford, etc. Shannon and Dublin International Airports with many direct flights to the USA are around 2.5 hours drive from the House.
You will have one staff member on call to answer any questions or solve any problems you may have during your stay, so you are not left on your own. They can also provide information on day trips, tours and sights to see in the area.
The 8 bedrooms for your use are in 3 different wings of the house. Also some of the King beds can be split into 2 singles if you require. You will also have a large living room, TV room, dining room, sitting room and outdoor dining areas, as well as a domestic kitchen. If you would like our chef to come in and cook for your group - either breakfast, lunch, dinner, BBQs, picnics etc - this can be organised by prior arrangement at additional cost. Please let us know your requirements and we will organise it for you.
We look forward to hosting 3RD HOME members in our home.
Estate with 2 levels
8 bedrooms, 8 baths, 14000 square feet
Queen, Queen, Queen, Queen, King, King, King, and King
16 guests maximum
Cork International Airport
25 minutes by car
Rolling hills of Irish countryside - own 40 acre estate with jetty into the Bandon River - and only 5 minutes drive from Ireland's Gourmet Capital Kinsale
---- Extra Services and Costs for 3rd Home Members ---
* We provide a daily buffet breakfast, daily maid service for housekeeping (approx. 2 hours per day) and one hour of concierge services per day. The minimum charge is Euro 500 per day for up to 12 guests. Additional guests are Euro 50 per person per day. This charge applies to all resident guests.
Additional services and prices:
* Our commercial laundry is not suitable for guests to use. We can provide a laundry service and prices are based on the number of items - priced between Euro 2-5 each.
* We have a freelance events co-ordinator who is available to schedule and co-ordinate your trip and all activities. Let us know and we can provide a quote for their services.
* For these additional activities, there will be a 20% charge of the activity cost to your group to cover the co-ordination time. Additional hourly rates to cover administration time may apply as well.
* A private chef is available for lunches, picnics, simple dinner or formal dining. Menus are available on our website or contact us. Priced depending on your requirements and must be organised in advance.
* We have a fully stocked bar at normal bar prices. If you would like to use the bar, there is a setup/staffing charge of Euro 100 plus the cost of the drinks. The bar will only be open when requested and staffed.
* If you have a larger group and would like more than 8 bedrooms, we have 6 additional rooms which are available at a cost.
Activities of Interest
- Kayaks are available on the property
Places of Interest
- Kinsale - Irelands premier tourist village
- Blarney Castle
- Old Head of Kinsale - golf course
- West Cork
This Ballinacurra House was utterly amazing! It is everything that it appears to be from the pictures. We had a great concierge and a wonderful dinner/party. It is also truly only 5 min from town and very convenient. The only drawback is the charge of 50 Euro per person for a breakfast that is not hot. Otherwise, all is great!!”
Best Location in Ireland
We could not have picked a better spot in Ireland, in the gourmet capital of Kinsale, close to one of the top rated golf courses in the world, and convenient to coastal drives and scenery. The entire staff at Ballinacurra were exceptionally friendly and helpful in every way. The culinary school located on the property lived up to its reputation in providing unbelievable meals for our guests. A must stay if in Ireland. Sandy and Minouche Robinson”
Georgian Estate in Kinsale
This Georgian Estate in Kinsale is an amazing property. The staff was very helpful in arranging activities, breakfasts, and a pizza party. They suggested interesting places to visit in the area. You won't regret using five keys for this memorable experience!”
- Chef's Kitchen
- Concierge Service
- DVD Player
- Espresso Machine
- Gated Community
- Laundry Service
- Multiple TVs
- Outdoor Grill
- Satellite/Cable TV
- Washer & Dryer
- Wireless Internet
- iPod Dock Stereo