Villa Akuna by The Sea
PLEASE NOTE THERE IS A MANDATORY EURO150 PER DAY FEE FOR STAFF AT THE VILLA.
Croatia is on the map, from Archeological sites to beautiful beaches of central Dalmatia. Croatia’s fabulous wines which can be sampled in your own private cellar and delicious local food makes it a very popular destination with a lot to offer to its visitors.
One of the most popular islands to visit is Brac which offers plenty of things to do and see.
Nestled in a quiet bay, Villa Akuna, which means "peace by the water" is a brand new fully staffed, high end luxury villa sitting on the Adriatic Sea. It features 5 bedrooms with hand crafted beds dressed with high thread count bed linen, 6 bathrooms, a media room with 2 metre satellite TV, table-football, SONOS music system with Bose speakers throughout, an infrared sauna and a Jacuzzi with private outdoor shower, massages available.
The property also offers a full private gym, free wireless internet, 2 fully equipped kitchens with Miele appliances, Cellar with wines available at a cost price to guests, infinity edge pool overlooking the Adriatic, private and direct entrance to the sea where our resident boat and skipper (daily charge) are available to take guests to many local destinations for sightseeing and meals. Life on the Dalmatian Coast is conducted very much on the water With local “grill” restaurants and archeological sites there is much to do. Days trips are a great way to experience the coastline. Collection from Split airport is a great way to arrive at the villa - the staff will be waiting on the seaside platform for your arrival. This is a quiet residential area for those searching for peace and relaxation with family. There are a few restaurants and a couple of bars nearby - this is not a party area. The skipper can however take guests to nightclubs and more noisy bars nearby if requested.
Offering complimentary kayaks, stand up paddle boards, bikes and many games, there is always plenty to do or not as you wish.The Villa will be ready for your arrival with full housekeeping provided. Our Villa Manager/concierge will be on hand for any assistance and arrangements you might like during your stay.
Private Residence with 3 levels
5 bedrooms, 6 baths, 7000 square feet, 651 square meters
King, King, King, King, and Full + Twin
10 guests maximum
Split Airport - SPU
1 hour by our resident boat or 2.5 hours by car ferry
Sitting in a quiet bay Villa Akuna has spectacular views from all rooms of the crystal clear water. With direct access to the sea
No Pets Allowed
Not Handicap Accessible
View All Amenities
Please note that this is a fully staffed villa. There is a €150 daily fee to be paid on site that covers daily maid service and a villa manager to provide concierge services and assistance with anything else during your stay.
Activities of Interest
- Wine Country
- Brac is renowned for its wine. The most common grape varieties planted on the island are Posip (white wine), and Plavac Mali (red wine). Winemakers: Hrvoje Bakovic from Murvica, and family Senjkovic from Nerezisca.
- Brac is a great place for hiking enthusiasts. Covered in olive groves and pine forests, the island offers lots of hiking opportunities: from gentle strolls to challenging hikes.
- The island is great for all sorts of water sports; sea kayaking, windsurfing, fishing and dolphin watching.
Places of Interest
- The most famous beach on the island is the Zlatni Rat beach. Located at the west end of Bol, this 1 km long beach stretches into the sea in a shape of a cone. It’s a wonderful beach to swim, but it gets really crowded in high season.
- Hvar is a neighboring island easy to reach from Brac, it’s simply a must-do.
- The oldest settlement on the island, Skrip is simply a must-visit place. It’s located inland, not far from Supetar. Skrip is rich in history and a great alternative to a hustle and bustle of coastline towns.
- South shores of the island of Brac were designed military zones in ex-Yugoslavia. Former submarine pens that can be found in Maslinova, Kruscica and Smrka bays are seen today as a shelter for local fishermen, a tourist attraction and swimming spots.
Life on Brac Island was wonderful in so many ways as if living in a fabulous European movie. Akuna Villa has a fantastic floorplan offering privacy and beautiful views from every room. The early morning ocean kayaking and afternoon bike rides were magical. Although charming in and of themselves, anticipate that trips to the mainland will take some time as the options for ferries at either end of the island are both just under an hour once on the boat. Consider this as more opportunities to enjoy the stunning mountain views and coastal towns and cities. We will be back to Croatia soon. Loved it. ”
This is truly a wow factor home. It is jaw dropping from the moment you step inside. The wonderful views, beautiful high spec design details, location, amenities (there's an outdoor jacuzzi, gym, cinema room, table football, sauna, wine cellar, heated pool, paddle boards, kayaks, bikes, fishing rods), wonderful housekeeper... the list is endless. This house is the best rental home we have ever stayed in. It is luxurious, comfortable and very special. Being designers, we go away for inspiration but often find it hard to find places that hit the mark. This place more than exceeded all expectations. The location is sublime. A highlight was being able to paddle to the shop for provisions (although the housekeeper would gladly do all shopping). The sea is so clear you feel you could drink it. It is a piece of heaven; unspoilt, far from the madding crowds, private and a wonderful place to holiday as a family or group of friends. ”
We visited Villa Akula in October which can be a bit cool. However the weather was perfect. We used Simon the boat skipper to take us on several tours he was great. Milka the house manager acted to help fulfill any need. She lined up dinners, bikes, taxis, a pizza night and directed the staff to keep the house in order. The house is everything it claims to be, Beautiful, wonderfully decorated, spacious, modern, serene ... We could list adjectives for another two paragraphs... stated simply ,,, perfect. Thanks for making it available Adele, we wil not forget it. ”