Jose Ignacio, Uruguay
Jose Ignacio is a chic, small fishing village with wonderful houses and wild life. This six bedroom, six-and-a-half bath, 4000 square foot home reflects each of the towns colorful aspects with it’s modern architecture, and easy-going beach décor. With 3 bedrooms hosting queen sized beds, you will also find 3 other bedrooms perfect for the kids, each hosting 3 twin sized beds. Find yourself in this charming town for great food, laid back attitude, and all the accommodations of a charming, unpretentious fishing village.
This unique home is decorated with lovely pieces of art, a graciously sized library with books in Spanish, English and French, and a large terrace with ocean views. With almost 2000 square feet of outdoor living space, it is truly the perfect place to retreat from the hustle and bustle and experience ultimate relaxation.
Indoors and out, there are several places for guests to lounge. Under the covered terrace on the custom bench that wraps around and provides space for everybody, guests can lounge and watch the sunset.
The home’s kitchen is appointed with all the appliances you might need to prepare a feast. Outside, there is a traditional South American barbecue where you can test your skills at making South American roasted meat. Should you fail at this, have no fear because just next door is La Huella, one of the top 50 restaurants in all of Latin America.
There are dining options for guests inside at a chic, long table appointed with six chairs and two thrones. Honestly, they are blue thrones! Outside, there is a huge table that will be the perfect spot to feast with friends and family as you watch the sun slowly fall beneath the ocean.
Appointed with royal furnishings, the bedrooms are fit so that each guest might have a dreamy night of sleep. With three bedrooms housing queen size beds, and three with double twins, there will be plenty of room for every guest to spread out and have their own private space. Each bedroom is ensuite.
Aside from the bedrooms and common spaces, there is a playroom with a TV set for the kids. The house was designed with children in mind (ie. avoidance of sharp edges, no stairs, etc).
From the home guests can walk directly to the beach and wade into the Ocean. In the summertime there is staff that will provide chairs, umbrellas, and other beach services for you. As well as direct access to the beach, there are free tennis courts, a children’s center with activities, and access to the hotel pool, bar and restaurant.
These are just a few of the perks of spending your stay in the only guarded community of this charming fishing town, just outside of Punta del Este.
The owner or manager can help guests during their stay as much or as little as they would like.
For getting around the area, guests can rent a car and/or use one of our bikes.
Single Family Home with 2 levels
6 bedrooms, 6 baths, 4000 square feet, 372 square meters
Queen, Queen, Queen, Other, Other, and Other
15 guests maximum
Capitán de Corbeta Carlos A. Curbelo International Airport (PDP)
40 minutes by car
Ocean and illuminated garden views.
No Pets Allowed
View All Amenities
There is a mandatory fee of US$350 per week. This includes daily housekeeping and breakfast preparation (with guests groceries).
Activities of Interest
- Wine Country
- The Wine Experience - Choose from the variety of tour packages, and take a tour where you will be guided by a sommelier, who will welcome you like an old friend.
- Bike Tours - Guided Bike Tours on aluminium bikes with 21 gears taking you to the most important places in Punta del Este, while enjoying the fresh air and natural beauty .
- Los Dedos Surf school - Enjoy the sea and nature learning the sport that each year has more fans in the world. Lessons available year around.
- La Huella - The most idyllic seaside restaurant in the world, located close by, is a must-go experience.
Places of Interest
- Taller de Casapueblo - Once the home of celebrated Uruguayan artist Carlos Paez Vilaro, this eye-catching seaside Mediterranean-style structure is today a modern art museum.
- Puerto de Punta del Este - A nice to end your day with plenty of restaurants, cold drinks, and sunset views.
- Fundacion Pablo Atchugarry - Beautiful park of statues by renowned Uruguayan sculptors.
Seven marvelous days!
The house at Jose Ignacio al Este, was beautiful and very confortable. We invite six friends that were deligthed enjoyng each part of the house. The housekeeper Silvia was a very agreable person that give us all the practice solutions”