Pir 2 - Exclusive Apartment in central Oslo
PIR 2 - EXCLUSIVE APARTMENT IN CENTRAL OSLO
This modern 1400 square feet three-bedroom apartment is definitely in the best location you can find in Oslo, and it boasts some truly magnificent views.
It benefits from plenty of space featuring four terraces, two bathrooms, three bedrooms and an exquisite interior decor - even in the super sleek and modern kitchen.
However, the best part is undoubtedly the magnificent view out on to the sea: it just takes your breath away!
A short distance to Sørenga’s extensive offering of restaurants, shops and cafés, the apartment is ideally located for enjoying the best areas of Oslo and – when the season allows – you can enjoy swimming and the bustling atmosphere on the pier.
Formerly an old container dock, Sørenga in Oslo has been transformed into a brand new neighborhood by the Oslo fjord. The area consists of residential complexes with exciting architectural details, and welcomes both residents and visitors to enjoy life at the water’s edge.
A green park with several channels stretches through the whole neighborhood. At the southernmost tip you’ll find Sørenga Seawater Pool, a popular recreational spot for Oslovians in summertime. Several waterfront restaurants offer great food in maritime surroundings, with a view to Oslo landmarks such as Barcode, the Oslo Opera House and Akershus Fortress. Sørenga is also a popular place for paddling.
THIRDHOME has partnered with VIATOR, one of the largest online destination tours and activities provider, featuring thousands of tours and activities to choose from within a global platform of exciting offerings. VIATOR is perfect for “Do It Yourself” planners to consider when seeking to book a sightseeing day tour, city spree, regional day trips, including local city happenings.
Click the link below to view VIATOR tours and activities:
Condo with 1 level
3 bedrooms, 2 baths, 1400 square feet, 131 square meters
King, Queen, and Queen
6 guests maximum
Oslo Airport, Gardermoen (OSL)
40 mins by car
Stunning views of the Oslo fjord and the magnificent Opera house!
No Pets Allowed
View All Amenities
Activities of Interest
- Snow Skiing
- Tjuvholmen Park - Sculpture park located by the Astrup Fearnley Museum at Tjuvholmen. Both were designed by world-renowned architect Renzo Piano
- The Harbour Promenade - A trip along the harbour promenade takes you through many different parts of the city, both new and old, each with its own characteristics and unique experiences.
Places of Interest
- The Norwegian National Opera & Ballet (10 mins) - The Norwegian nature is free for everyone to walk in, and The Oslo Opera House, which opened in 2008, was built as an extension to this idea.
- Munch Museum (20 mins) - The Munch Museum has the world's largest collection of Edvard Munch's works, and provides insight into the artist as a pioneer of expressionism.
- Akershus Castle and Fortress (20 mins) - Dating from 1299, this medieval castle and royal residence developed into a fortress in 1592 and was rebuilt into a renaissance castle between 1637 and 1648.
- Hovedoya Island (20 mins) - Hovedøya is the island closest to the city centre, with beautiful forests, beaches and cultural heritage. Ferries to Hovedøya from Aker Brygge are available all year round.
- Ekebergparken Sculpture Park (30 mins) - Ekebergparken is a 255-acre sculpture and national heritage park that’s perfect for hiking, running or even throwing a frisbee and playing football in the open green spaces.
...a most stunning unit with 180 degree views of the harbor, waterfront, and water activities---from kayakers, to swimmers, to ships cruising by...not to mention beautiful sunsets seen every evening from the apartment and the deck! The location is near the Opera House as well as the central train station. In 2020, when construction is completed, not only will the Opera House be in the neighborhood, but the new National Gallery, and the Edvard Munch Museum will be nearby. The apartment is comfortably furnished --enjoyed by us and our friends! ”
Oslo is a fabulous city and this apartment is the perfect base for exploration. It sits high up at the tip of a recently developed peninsula that juts into Oslo Harbor, with an unobstructed view of the waterfront, nearby islands, and ships coming and going. Indeed, on our first morning we looked out the living room glass wall to see a huge ship heading straight towards the apartment. Whoa, we thought, hope he puts on the brakes. And sure enough, just when it felt like the prow might be joining us for breakfast, the ship stopped and backed into its berth. We think it was a daily Oslo to Copenhagen ferry. The apartment is spacious, modern, well-appointed, and comfortable. It feels “Norwegian” in its simplicity, lack of pretension, and quality appliances, fixtures, and amenities that reflect the best of the Scandinavian design tradition. The location is superb. There are salt-water swimming “pools,” outdoor showers, saunas, places to launch your kayak, restaurants, food markets, and an ice-cream parlor (essential!), within 1-5-minutes walking distance. And, while the setting feels “a world apart,” the apartment is just a pleasant 10-minute waterside stroll to the central train station, Opera House, harbour promenade, and many sights you’ll want to see. In fact, using our feet and one-week transit passes for unlimited travel on trams, buses, and subway, we only took a handful of taxi/Uber rides during our entire stay. With new museums and cultural centers scheduled to open in 2020, Oslo will continue the renaissance that makes this an enchanting and exciting city. The world would do well to take lessons from Oslo’s brilliant, sensitive, beautiful, and sustainable approach to urban redevelopment. ”
This is a fantastic property located in a wonderful area of Norway. Great luxury, but do need to expect a lot of walking. Biking will help with the necessary walking since Uber is not available unless you use Uber Black ( expensive). We had a wonderful stay !”