Spend your next vacation getting lost in the dramatic beauty of the Sierras at this incredible mountain retreat in Truckee. Offering amazing proximity to natural wonders and activity alike, this four-bedroom home is nestled on 3400 square feet, creating a spacious and inviting getaway for your and your family.
This cozy, cabin-style home offers a classic feel, but also offers contemporary mountain décor and modern furnishings throughout. The living room boasts lofty ceilings and expansive windows, giving the entire space an airy feel while offering sensational views of the Sierras. If you can bear to take your eyes off the view, you’ll find a huge, flat screen television, surrounded by plush, leather seating, just perfect for watching the big game! A fireplace sits tucked away in the corner, sure to keep you toasty warm when the nights get a little cooler. From here, the open floor plan stretches over to the gourmet kitchen, equipped with polished granite countertops, state of the art appliances, and a center island with bar seating, making this kitchen perfect for entertaining and preparing meals together.
After dinner, head outside to enjoy a glass of wine on one of four, spacious decks, featuring a radiance power heater on the main deck so you can enjoy the brisk, mountain breeze without getting too cold. If you’re in the mood for a family cookout, take advantage of the gas grill out here as well! Spend your evenings gazing out over the sweeping panoramic vistas as you relax and refresh in the hot tub on the lower deck. Or, if the weather is a little to chilly, keep warm by the stove heater in the downstairs entertainment room, engaging in a competitive game of pool or ping pong, or dozing on one of the comfortable couches.
When it’s time to drift off to sleep, make your way to one of four spacious bedrooms, certain to keep you cozy and comfortable all night long! The lavish master bedroom offers a king-sized bed, plus a private deck, perfect for a little alone time before bed. The master bath has a spacious Jacuzzi tub and separate shower, along with more than enough space to primp and pamper to your heart’s content. The Green bedroom comes with a queen-sized bed, and another private deck. The Blue bedroom offers a full-sized bed, while the last bedroom contains a bunk bed with a full on the bottom and a twin on top. There’s room for another queen mattress in this room, making it the ideal spot for a slumber party for the kids! If you require additional space, two queen sleeper sofas are available, one in the main living room and one in the recreation room.
While you’ll find it difficult to leave this sensational mountain home, make sure you venture out each day to take advantage of all that Truckee has to offer. Your home is extremely close to downtown Truckee, with its charming boutiques and delicious restaurants, as well as numerous world-class skiing areas, such as Squaw Valley, Northstar, and Alpine Meadows. If you’re an outdoorsman, make sure you try your hand at whitewater rafting, hiking through Tahoe National Forest, or any other host of magnificent outdoor adventures. Martis Peak Fire Lookout offers stunning views of the Tahoe Basin, and Lake Donner offers a serene place to spend the day with the family. If you’re a golfer, head over to Coyote Moon Golf Course on Lake Donner, where you’ll find challenging play along a sweeping landscape. Truckee really does have something for everyone!
Plan your trip to this magical mountain retreat today!
Private Residence with 5 levels
4 bedrooms, 3 baths, 3400 square feet, 316 square meters
King, Queen, Full, and Bunk
13 guests maximum
Reno-Tahoe International Airport - RNO
45 minutes by car
Views of the Sierra Mountains!
No Pets Allowed
Not Handicap Accessible
View All Amenities
Activities of Interest
- Snow Skiing
- Coyote Moon Golf Course - Residing in the beautiful Lake Tahoe area, Coyote Moon sits on 250 acres of secluded rolling hills amidst towering pines, enormous granite outcroppings, wildflowers and the beautiful Trout Creek.
- Donner Ski Ranch - Come enjoy this family-friendly ski resort, offering a wide variety of terrain that skiers of all abilities can enjoy.
- Tahoe Whitewater Tours - This company offers thrilling rafting tours, creating an adventurous experience the entire family will enjoy!
- Tahoe National Forest - Extending from the Sierra Nevada to the foothills of the Sierra Crest, this beautiful forest offers numerous hiking trails and striking vistas.
- Donner Memorial State Park - This wonderful state park offers ample opportunities for hiking, camping, boating, fishing, and so much more!
Places of Interest
- Donner Lake - Considered the jewel of the Northern Sierra, Donner Lake offers plenty of fishing, hunting, and so much more!
- Historic Downtown Truckee - Come enjoy the charm and beauty of Downtown Truckee whilst exploring unique shops and experiencing the history of this gorgeous railroad town.
- Martis Peak Fire Lookout - Make the hike to this historic fire lookout, and take in stunning views of the Tahoe Basin.
- Stella - Housed at the trendy Cedar House Sport Hotel, this modern, mountain-lodge dining room elevates Truckee's eating scene with California flair and Mediterranean flavor.
- Moody's Bistro and Lounge - With it's sophisticated looks and live jazz, this gourmet restaurant in the Truckee Hotel oozes style.
Beautiful view and peaceful setting. Great for our family gathering ”