Mountain Center, California
Casas Las Rocas
Casa Las Rocas
Nestled on 3000 square feet in the very prestigious and very private Royal Carrizo Community, this gorgeous desert oasis is situated overlooking sweeping views of the Palm Desert valley floor! Private and wonderfully unique, this magnificent custom-designed high desert compound was designed by famed architect Charles Martin, and features two unique buildings, a two-bedroom “Casa Grande” and a one-bedroom “Casita.”
Built in an artistic interpretation of the classic Southwestern style, Casa Grande offers a spacious living area surrounded by magnificent and sweeping views, largely unspoiled by industry and urbanization. The step-down living room features 16-foot high window walls, supported by wooden beams that add a rustic feel to the home. Bold southwestern art pieces can be found at every turn, especially in the voluminous living room, providing plenty of plush seating and extending easily to the state of the art kitchen, creating a superb space for entertaining.
With gourmet appliances, the well-appointed kitchen in Casa Grande allows the master chef of the group to perfect their craft while marveling at stunning, panoramic views of the desert valley. While you’re waiting for dinner to be served, snack on delicious appetizers and sip on cocktails at the bar, enjoying watching the master chef at work. When it’s time to eat, settle around the pristine glass dining table as you enjoy unforgettable scenes of nature.
The two bedrooms in the main home are decorated with mystical and soothing southwestern design. Head to the queen-sized master suite by way of an artisan crafted bridge, and enjoy rustic wooden finishes each night as you drift off to sleep. Wake up to the sunrise and stunning desert views! The second bedroom also offers a queen-sized bed and is tastefully decorated with a superb view of the valley below.
Situated above Casa Grande you’ll find a one-bedroom luxury casita, featuring a Southwestern motif and spectacular views of the Coachella Valley. The expansive living room offers plush, designed furnishings, and a magnificent view from the dining area. The well-equipped kitchen features sandstone countertops and modern appliances for your use. The large bedroom has a queen-sized bed and hand formed curved walls, with French doors that open out onto a spacious deck.
During your stay, there’s no better place to be than basking in the sunshine by the pool, marveling at stupendous desert views by the Native American inspired pool. You’ll find plenty of plush lounge chaises to doze on, as well as a gourmet grill when you’re in the mood for a casual poolside cookout.
This sensational desert home sits just 15 minutes from the glitz and glamour of the famous El Paseo shops and restaurants of Palm Desert, the Royal Carrizo community is perfectly situated in a Federal National Monument Designation, meaning you have miles of unspoiled desert beauty between you and the greater Palm Springs area. With shopping and fine dining galore, you’ll find just as much finery as you do natural splendor. Home of the popular Coachella Music Festival and a plethora of beautiful hiking trails and natural parks nearby, Palm Springs has a little something for everyone!
For an authentic Southwestern escape, Casa Las Rocas presents an incredible opportunity to experience the magic of the desert in a unique and stylish getaway home!
THIRDHOME has partnered with VIATOR, one of the largest online destination tours and activities provider, featuring thousands of tours and activities to choose from within a global platform of exciting offerings. VIATOR is perfect for “Do It Yourself” planners to consider when seeking to book a sightseeing day tour, city spree, regional day trips, including local city happenings.
Click the link below to view VIATOR tours and activities:
Single Family Home with 2 levels
3 bedrooms, 4 baths, 3000 square feet
Queen, Queen, and Queen
6 guests maximum
Palm Springs International Airport - PSP
45 minutes by car
Gorgeous desert and mountain views!
Activities of Interest
- Hike Palm Canyon (45 minute drive) - This steep and difficult hike rewards you with striking scenery along the way.
- Indian Canyons Hiking Trails (50 minute drive) - Explore this stunning hiking trails!
- Palm Springs Art Museum (10 minute drive) - Peruse through this museum's beautiful collection of works, including those from the likes of Andy Warhol and Marc Chagall.
- Living Desert Zoo and Gardens (20 minute drive) - This park highlights spectacular desert wildlife and plants.
- Desert Willow Golf Resort (30 minute drive) - Featuring two of the best courses in the Coachella Valley, this amazing golf resort presents quite the challenge!
Places of Interest
- Mount San Jacinto State Park (45 minute drive) - This 13000 acre park features plenty of trails though soaring mountains in the Sonora desert.
- Middle Ridge Winery (45 minute drive) - This tasting room features award-winning wine, gourmet bites, art exhibits, and live music.
- Lake Hemet (35 minute drive) - This lake is just a short ways away, offering scenic beauty and refreshing water!
- Coachella Valley Brewing Company (40 minute drive) - Enjoy delicious craft beers brewed from local ingredients.
- Counter Reformation (35 minute drive) - This stylish eatery is first and foremost a wine bar, but also offers a standout selection of small plates!
- 40"+ TV
- Air Conditioning
- Chef's Kitchen
- Covered Parking
- DVD Player
- Gated Community
- Multiple TVs
- Outdoor Grill
- Outdoor Pool
- Satellite/Cable TV
- Washer & Dryer
- Wireless Internet