Bahia is considered Brazil's most laid-back state and is home to the so-called “Discovery Coast”, where Trancoso sits on Unesco-protected shores. Porto Seguro is only one hour away and it's where the earliest Portuguese explorers first set foot in the country in 1500. This gorgeous 2700 square foot house features four spacious suites in the Altos de Trancoso condominium, near Nativos beach and Quadrado.
The built of this house gives privacy and comfort to all the areas, being two suites set in the Main House and the other two in independent bungalows. The communal areas such as the living room and the dining room are well connected, thus providing an ideal structure to gather friends or family and spend wonderful moments together while enjoying a scrumptious meal or a caipirinha (or two).
The kitchen boasts a designer bar balcony and four sleek stools as well as a built-in oven, refrigerator, freezer, microwave, and other useful kitchen utensils.
There is also a laundry room with washing and drying machines, laundry tub and iron.
The master suite features one king size bed, A.C., TV, closet, double sink bathroom and an indoor garden, deck with a veranda and hammocks. The second suite comes with two full beds, A.C., TV, closet, double sink bathroom and also has access to the indoor garden. The bedrooms in both independent bungalows have two full beds each, A.C., TV, and closet.
The outdoor garden features a bbq gas grill, a beer refrigerator, and ice machine as well as and a large dining table for everyone to enjoy a relaxed al-fresco dining experience.
The gorgeous swimming pool is surrounded by native trees in a natural setting which attracts the local fauna, especially little monkeys, birds, and even sloths.
A chambermaid and a gardener are available on site to attend to everyday house duties.
Known as the Saint Tropez of Bahia, Trancoso offers laidback living, unspoiled sandy shores, and historic charm at its heart. Celebrities, like Anderson Cooper and a host of Brazilian stars, are flocking here, as are notables like Matthew McConaughey, Will Smith, Beyoncé & Jay-Z (Beyoncé even recorded a music video there), Kate Moss, Naomi Campbell, and Alessandra Ambrosio, who reportedly have all vacationed there.
Is there anywhere else in the world you'd rather be right now?
THIRDHOME has partnered with VIATOR, one of the largest online destination tours and activities provider, featuring thousands of tours and activities to choose from within a global platform of exciting offerings. VIATOR is perfect for “Do It Yourself” planners to consider when seeking to book a sightseeing day tour, city spree, regional day trips, including local city happenings.
Click the link below to view VIATOR tours and activities:
Single Family Home with 1 level
4 bedrooms, 7 baths, 2700 square feet
King, Full, Full, and Full
8 guests maximum
Porto Seguro International Airport (BPS)
1 hour 20 minutes by car
Unspoiled Bahian natural landscapes!
Activities of Interest
- Argentina Parilla - The best meat in Trancoso can definitely be found here. Excellent chorizo sausages and standout batatas fritas.
- Dia de festa de São Brás - Save the date for this quirky 36 hour celebration that includes drunken 5am processions, the raising of a painted pole and hypnotic songs.
- Praia dos Nativos (10 minutes) - Great beach with quirky "barracas" serving cold beer and excellent seafood. Perfect place to spend time during the day!
Places of Interest
- Quadrado (5 minutes) - The beating heart of the town: this is a must see specially off season. The colors of houses and trees sorrounding the Quadrado are a perfect photo set.
- Praia dos Coqueiros (5 minutes) - Palmtree Beach is a small beach with medium waves and most of the time protected by coral reefs.
- Igreja de Sao Joao Batista (5 minutes) - The second oldest church of Brasil. It is a small and well maintained church and shows how early Portuguese kept their catholic faith while exploring new parts of the world.
- National Park “Pau-Brasil” (1 hour) - Global reference for ecotourism, this park was even named a World Heritage site by UNESCO.
- Porto Seguro (1 hour 20 minutes) - The city is known for its vibrant nightlife scene, which centers on the bar-lined promenade Passarela do Álcool. Fantastic during the Carnival season!
- 40"+ TV
- Espresso Machine
- Gated Community
- High Speed Internet
- Multiple TVs
- Outdoor Grill
- Outdoor Pool
- Staffed Guard Gate
- Washer & Dryer
- Wireless Internet
- iPod Dock Stereo