The Hideaways Club - Mala Strana (HS)
The Hideaways Club - Mala Strana (HS)
***OCTOBER 4TH reservation has a check out date of October 9th, not the 8th as listed.***
This property is a part of The Hideaways Club and accessible to THIRDHOME members through a collaboration with HotelSwaps. This property offers a max stay of 4 nights. For requests please contact Member Experience at firstname.lastname@example.org
This gracious two-bedroom luxury apartment, housed in a historic 14th-century building, is set in the heart of Prague’s Malá Strana district. Surrounded by some of Europe’s finest baroque architecture, this luxury home in Prague enjoys one of the city’s finest locations, with the rest of the capital little more than a stone’s throw away.
Malá Strana sits in the shadow of Prague Castle, on the banks of the Vltava River. This district is quieter than both the Old Town and the New Town, particularly at night when its ancient streets are lit by lanterns, though it offers more than enough to delight and entertain.
The apartment building dates back 700 years with walls more than half a metre thick at their base. The ancient outer door is heavy and polished with age. Still nothing in the building's outward appearance quite prepares you for the sheer beauty within: covering the 4m high wooden ceilings throughout this luxury apartment are exquisite 14th-century murals, all expertly restored, providing a fascinating glimpse into medieval interior decoration.
In the open-plan reception, accessed by double doors, the contemporary furnishings and furniture provide a sympathetic contrast to the apartment's heritage. The colour palette is white and caramels, warmed by vivid splashes of scarlet and dramatic black.
In one bedroom, a dark red feature wall references the building's 14th-century roots, while in the other, a mirrored bedside table, chrome chair, and hammered silver side table add an early 20th-century touch.
There is also a sofa bed in the lounge and and both bathrooms (including the en-suite) have been recently renovated.
Pale wood floors throughout and wide, spacious corridors give the whole apartment a light and airy feel.
In this superb location, everything Prague has to offer is at your feet, from picturesque riverside parks, museums and art galleries to buzzing restaurants, eclectic live music venues and the famous beer gardens. Prague is a city made for walking. Malá Strana is the perfect starting point.
As the luxury apartment is set in a historical, protected building, there is no A/C due to restrictions.
Malá Strana, at the foot of Prague castle, is the most beautiful of the three, with its centuries-old burgher houses and beautiful Baroque churches. The area was devastated by fire in 1541 and subsequently rebuilt, so while most of the buildings here date from the 17th and 18th century, some of the architecture is considerably older. At the heart of Malá Strana is Malostranské námĕsti, or Lesser Town Square, off which radiate a network of picturesque streets lined with pubs, restaurants and shops. Riverside parks, museums, art galleries and, of course, the famous Charles Bridge, undoubtedly make this charming district the best place to stay in Prague.
Please note the exact square footage and room configuration are not available. This property is not wheelchair accessible.
PLEASE NOTE: This property is available to THIRDHOME members through a collaboration with HotelSwaps and, as such, each stay is governed by their Terms and Conditions which can be found here: https://hotelswaps.com/guest-terms-conditions-3rd-party.
If a Guest Member cancels their reservation, for any reason, there are no refunds available. Amendments to the booking are not possible,
If you have any questions about this property and weeks (not requests) please email: email@example.com
By booking this property you acknowledge that you are responsible for paying any potential local city and tourism taxes related to your stay at the time of check out.
Single Family Home with 1 level
2 bedrooms, 2 baths, 0 square feet, 0 square meters
King and King
6 guests maximum
Vaclav Havel Airport Prague (PRG)
1 hour by car
...the beautiful baroque architecture of Prague!
No Pets Allowed
Not Handicap Accessible
View All Amenities
Activities of Interest
- Wine Country
- Mostecká Street - When looking to do a spot of shopping in Malá Strana, Mostecka Street is the place to go. It is the main street in the neighborhood and hosts a whole host of boutiques and emporiums.
- Blue Light Bar - There are plenty of bars and pubs in Prague, but none quite like the Blue Light Bar. This jazz bar is funky, lively and any patron is destined for a good time.
- Kampa Park - Kampa Park edges up to the banks of the Vltava River and is a perfect paradise away from the hustling, bustling streets of Prague central. On the weekends, various food and farmers’ markets pop up here, so be sure not to miss those.
- Lennon Wall - A wall covered with Beatles' song lyrics, peace signs and paintings of John Lennon. Excellent spot for taking those perfect holiday snaps!
- Field Restaurant - Excellent chefs menu with inventive dishes and creative serving dishes (polished stones, picnic box etc). A must visit for any foodie visiting this beautiful city.
Places of Interest
- Prague castle (10 mins) - Prague Castle, listed with the rest of the historic center of Prague as a UNESCO world heritage site, is considered to be the largest ancient castle complex in the world.
- Petrin Tower (15 mins) - The views are pretty amazing at all times of the year but are particularly spectacular during fall, when the changing colors of the surrounding forests illuminate the city’s various districts.
- Wallenstein Garden (10 mins) - The garden, constructed in the 17th century, houses hundreds of unique sculptures, fountains and even some magnificent peacocks, who wander around aimlessly at their pleasure.
- KGB Museum (5 mins) - The KGB Museum has whole rooms of exhibitions, all chronicling the times when the Czech Republic was under the yoke of communism.
- Astronomical Clock (24 mins) - The clock was first installed in 1410, making it the third-oldest astronomical clock in the world and the oldest one still operating.
The apartment was even more beautiful than pictured, the 14th century ceilings were incredible. Very light and airy and in an elegant, quiet part of the city near the Prague castle. The place was well stocked and very comfortable. We easily met Rasti who was very friendly and he gave us a sound introduction to the apartment and insured we had everything we needed. Overall, a fantastic stay!”
Wonderful place. Highly recommend. Fantastic location close to all main sites.”
Hard to imagine a better spot from which to enjoy Prague
A perfect spot for exploring Prague. Everything was as pictured: elegant, spacious and well equipped. I concur with earlier suggestions that you use the pickup and drop off service suggested as it is a cobbled alley that the apartment sits on. It is in no way unpleasant but it might well put an inexperienced cabbie off. No real suggestions for improvement, though a tourist map of Prague on the bookshelf would have been welcome. I would very happily stay again or recommend it to future members.”
Great location, spacious, ideal city break
The apartment is located in a quiet part of Prague (very near to the US Embassy) on a street which is so narrow it's almost pedestrians only, so it is very quiet. However major sights are only a few minutes walk away such as the St Nicholas Church and Charles Bridge. The local check-in host Rasti was incredibly helpful and communicative. I recommend booking airport transfers with him. The apartment itself is spacious and well stocked for a traveller with helpful additions such as phone chargers, plug adapters etc. ”
Bill & Prissy Swearingen
Was absolutely wonderful !! Beautiful spacious interior with an ideal location for two couples visiting Prague. Only draw back is the lack of air conditioning if it gets warm but plenty of windows to open. ”