North Lodge (R)
NORTH LODGE (R)
North Lodge is uniquely located within the gated grounds of Blenheim Palace, the ancestral country house of the Dukes of Marlborough and birthplace of Sir Winston Churchill. One of the finest houses offered for rental in England, the Lodge is just a short drive into the pretty market town of Woodstock, a charming Cotswold scene with cafes, restaurants and boutiques. The Cotswold villages of Burford, Stow-on-the Wold, Chipping Norton and Bourton-on-the-Water are all within very easy reach.
The neighbouring fields are alive with grazing sheep and wildlife in this most quintessentially English of settings, where striking modern architecture, history and fun spectacularly collide. The immaculately kept grounds at North Lodge are teeming with flowers and vegetation; the neighbouring hens provide fresh eggs, and, for those seeking a more active vacation, there's a large heated pool, gym, yoga studio and an astroturf tennis court.
The interiors of North Lodge are flooded with light, with a double height hallway, complete with piano and contemporary kitchen. There are lots of relaxation areas, both inside and out, with a cinema room and pool house, the latter with its own gym / yoga studio, sauna, steam showers, pool table, bar, poker table and shuffleboard. The outdoor heated pool, hot tub, fire-pit and relaxed seating spots are a haven of relaxation in this idyllic setting.
The contemporary ground floor space offers several large, light living rooms, as well as a more formal drawing room and dining space, whilst young and old are able to enjoy films and sporting events in the cinema room. The fully equipped kitchen, breakfast bar and pantry are a haven for budding chefs, complete with pizza oven and breakfast bar.
The first floor includes a master bedroom featuring an emperor sized bed with a separate dressing area and a large en-suite bathroom with double shower. Three of the other bedrooms feature queen size beds with en-suite shower over bath, the fifth bedroom on this floor also comes furnished with a queen size bed and boasts a private en-suite with bath and separate shower/dressing area.
On the first floor you'll also find a study/library area overlooking the garden and pool.
On the second floor there's an attic "bunk" room with four single beds for children and an additional double bedroom as well as a separate bathroom, laundry room with kitchenette, ideal for a nanny or staff. Please note the bunk room and double bedroom share a bath/shower room.
Due to its situation on the Blenheim Palace Estate, North Lodge is a place of great historical significance and beauty. Blenheim Palace and the surrounding estate are located in the Oxfordshire countryside on the edge of the Cotswolds. A UNESCO Heritage Site and a masterpiece of baroque architecture, Blenheim Palace grounds contain a 110-acre lake, ancient woodlands, farmland, stables and horses. The High Park area of the estate was originally created in the 12th century by King Henry I as part of a royal deer park. The woodland is made up primarily of oak trees, many of which are over 800 years old.
Private Residence with 3 levels
7 bedrooms, 6 baths, 0 square feet, 0 square meters
King, King, King, King, King, Queen, and Other
15 guests maximum
London Heathrow (LHR) / Oxford Private Airport
1 hour 30 minutes by car to Heathrow / 5 mins to Oxford
...the idyllic and peaceful Cotswolds countryside!
No Pets Allowed
Not Handicap Accessible
The Reserve tier within THIRDHOME is a collection of qualified higher-end homes. The required key values to book these homes and exchange fees are higher than other homes in the Club.
Activities of Interest
- Punt hire - The traditional way to explore Oxford!
- Clay pidgeon shooting - If you're feeling particularly bucolic, why not have a go at one of the UK's most popular country sports!
- Hot Air Balloon Rides - Discover the romance of ballooning as you re-enact the exploits of the pioneer balloonists who flew 200 years ago.
- Visit the Bodleian Libraries - First opened to scholars in 1602, it incorporates an earlier library built by the University in the 15th century to house books donated by Humfrey, Duke of Gloucester.
Places of Interest
- Blenheim Palace (5 mins) - This World Heritage Site is set within more than 2000 acres of Parkland landscaped by 'Capability' Brown, and the Palace itself houses some of the finest collections of antique furniture in Europe.
- Oxford (20 mins) - Explore the birthplace of Alice in Wonderland and enjoy the city's wonderful sights as well as the famous University.
- The Oxfordshire Museum (10 mins) - Here you'll find lots of interesting displays on Oxfordshire history going back to the Roman and Anglo-Saxon periods, as well as dinosaur related finds.
- Bicester Village (30 mins) - Shop at over 160 luxury fashion, lifestyle, beauty and homeware outlet boutiques at up to 60% off!
- Broughton Castle (30 mins) - Built in 1300 and then later added to in 1550, the Castle had strong links with the Parliamentary side in the English Civil War (1642-51).
- Shakespeare's Stratford (45 mins) - Take in a show performed by the Royal Shakespeare Company
- The Ashmolean Museum, Oxford (20 mins) - The UK's oldest museum
- Cotswolds Wildlife Park (30 mins) - A great family day out, a zoo in the grounds of a stately home with wonderful playground
- Pitt Rivers Museum, Oxford (20 mins) - Wonderful natural history museum in the centre of historic Oxford