The Hideaways Club - Galata Apartment
The Hideaways Club - Galata Apartment
This property is a part of The Hideaways Club and accessible to our members through our partnership with them.
The Galata Apartment
Step onto the Galata Apartment's spacious terrace and there's no mistaking where you are: there on the misty horizon stands the vast dome and sky-scraping minarets of the mighty Hagia Sophia. Directly below this beautiful property in Istanbul, the red rooftops of Galata reach down to the banks of the Bosphorus.
This beautiful luxury apartment is spread over two floors, in the heart of Galata. The main terrace is directly off the double-height, open-plan living area, while upstairs the master bedroom benefits from a second terrace overlooking Galata.
The interiors of this piece of luxury Istanbul real estate are a mix of modern European and traditional Turkish influences. The artwork of blue and white mosaic tiles and gold dining chairs complement perfectly the ultra-modern glossy white kitchen units and the contemporary seating. Cushions covered in a Classical Ottoman print sit comfortably on the black leather sofa. The highlight of this light and spacious living area is undoubtedly the feature wall, papered in Piero Fornasetti's black and white cityscape of roofs, gilded domes and gardens. Very Istanbul.
The bedrooms of this luxury home in Istanbul are cool and modern with more traditional decorative accessories adding sense of place. Large windows and mirrored furniture give a feeling of light and space.
The Galata Apartment offers easy access to Istanbul's Old Town, but save time to explore the local area. Walk or take the nostalgic tram up Istiklal Avenue, a beautiful pedestrianised street lined with Ottoman-era buildings and crammed with boutiques, galleries, theatres and cafés. At the far end stands Galata Tower: make your way to the top for the best views of Istanbul.
No Pets Allowed | Not Handicap Accessible
Condo with 2 levels
2 bedrooms, 1 bath, 1 square feet, 1 square meters
Full and Full
4 guests maximum
Apartment has 1 extra bed , 1 baby cot, 1 high chair available.
Istanbul Airport (IST)
46 minutes by car
Terrace offering gorgeous views over the Bosphorus!
Concierge Shopping Service (40€ per hour)
Housekeeping Service is Included Every 3rd Day for 2 Hours. (Additional Hours Charged at €/£50 per Hour).
- Must be booked in advance.
Activities of Interest
- Bosphorus River Tour - Discover the city from Istanbul’s Bosphorus
- Day trip Princes' Islands - The Princes’ Islands was home to royalty of the Byzantine period and members of the Ottoman sultans family giving the islands their name.
- Grand Bazaar - Istanbul's Grand Bazaar is one of the largest and oldest covered markets in the world, with more than 4,000 shops.
- Spice Bazaar - Spices, dried fruits, nuts and seeds, lokum (Turkish delights) and other edibles fill most of the shops, though jewellery and other high-margin goods have begun to move in.
Places of Interest
- Galata Tower (15min) - Galata's iconic tower was built by the Genoese in 1348 as a fire tower. With its views across the Golden Horn to the Old City, it's the perfect way to get your bearings.
- Galata Mevlevi Museum (7min) - Istanbul's oldest tekke (dervish monastery), just south of Beyoğlu's Tünel Square, is now a museum dedicated to the Mevlevi Order.
- Hagia Sophia Museum (19min) - This ravishing 6th-century feat of architecture, with its giant nave topped by one of the biggest domes in the world, was a church for 916 years..
- Istanbul Museum of Modern Art (10min) - The Istanbul Museum of Modern Art is Turkey's first modern and contemporary art museum.
- Basilica Cistern (20min) - Built during the Byzantine era, the Basilica Cistern is one of the world’s ancient cisterns that lies beneath the city of Istanbul.
Patricia C.April 2023
What a great experience overall! A wonderful flat, with an amazing view of the Bosphorus. This property could not be better situated. Close to the Galata tower, the main high street and an easy walk to the Bosphorus. The manager, Vera, was lovely. She ensured that we had everything we needed. Highly recommend. ”
Isabelle and Andrea S.February 2023
Beautiful apartment in the best area of Istanbul. In addition the support and tips from the team of Hideways were very useful and made the sry even better ”
Dan C.December 2022
Terrific location in between touristy areas and a hip local's neighborhood. Easy access and transportation, gorgeous views, impeccably cleaned and maintained. There is nothing not to like about this terrific apartment. ”