Situated in a tranquil valley with views of the nearby fells and forest beyond, this holiday home enjoys a truly idyllic location in the heart of the Lake District.
Borwick Fold is a six bedroom 2800 square feet property with a large, private rear garden, perfect for sitting out in and enjoying a barbecue and a glass of your favorite tipple. Its bright and modern kitchen comes with all mod cons and a large dining table - and the large windows of the living room open up on a large patio which is ideal to entertain friends and family alike while firing up the bbq and enjoying a drink together.
The six bedrooms are comfortable and cozy and feature respectively one queen size bed, four kings and one twin bed.
This property is pet friendly and definitely makes for the best 'home away from home' for hikers and walkers alike - who are looking to truly connect with the beauty of unspoiled nature.
THIRDHOME has partnered with VIATOR, one of the largest online destination tours and activities provider, featuring thousands of tours and activities to choose from within a global platform of exciting offerings. VIATOR is perfect for “Do It Yourself” planners to consider when seeking to book a sightseeing day tour, city spree, regional day trips, including local city happenings.
Private Residence with 3 levels
6 bedrooms, 5 baths, 2800 square feet, 261 square meters
King, King, King, King, King, and 2x Twin
12 guests maximum
2 hours by car
...stunning views over Langdale Valley
Pets Welcome Upon Approval
Not Handicap Accessible
View All Amenities
Activities of Interest
- Visit historic houses - Stately homes, castles and manor houses open to the public. The historic houses of the Lake District & Cumbria are still occupied by the same families who have lived there for hundreds of years.
- Wordsworth museum - Dove Cottage in Grasmere, is now the main Wordsworth Museum and home to the Wordsworth Trust.
- Stock Ghyll Force waterfall - Stock Ghyll Force is a a highly picturesque waterfall, reached through Stock Ghyll Woods, a short distance from the town of Ambleside.
- Beatrix Potter world - The little ones will love this. Here you can discover Peter Rabbit, Jemima Puddle-Duck and all their friends in a magical indoor recreation of Beatrix Potter‘s little books.
Places of Interest
- Lake District National Park (5 mins) - It is the largest of the thirteen national parks in England and Wales, and the second largest in the UK after the Cairngorms National Park.
- Windermere (30 mins) - Windermere is the largest natural lake in England. It is a ribbon lake formed in a glacial trough after the retreat of ice at the start of the current interglacial period.
- Hadrian's Wall (1.5 hours) - The largest Roman archaeological feature in Britain, it runs a total of 73 miles in northern England.
- Derwentwater (1 hour) - Bordered by woods and towering crags, Derwentwater is hailed as 'Queen of the Lakes', and is surrounded by some of the most magnificent scenery in the Lake District.