A Suite at The Crooked Swan
The Crooked Swan is a gorgeous boutique hotel in South Somerset with elegant and vintage decor that offers guests a comfortable and classy experience during their stay.
You will be staying in one of the suites, depending on availability, and the actual suite will be confirmed after your booking.
You will be staying in one of the following:
The Landau suite, a bold carpet, and huge oil painting wallpaper dominate the room, whilst the bathroom is, once more, utterly unique. The washstand is made from a chopped-down antique console table, and the garnish mustard yellow cast iron bath sits next to a window into a wall, revealing the beauty of the lathe and plaster.
The Barrouche. The enormous honeymoon suite of style and luxury.
A rare super king-sized 19th Century bed sits between Scandinavian bedside tables facing an ornate crib from an Italian Palazzo, used as a planter. Luxuriate in the insanely comfortable copper bath, or marvel at the gramophone shower head.
The Hansom room has a magnificent four-poster bed that dominates the room alongside equally enormous pink silk curtains. Stunning etched antique doors lead to a massive bathroom with double sinks mounted on an old pub table, a walk-in shower, a roll-top bath and original mottled plaster walls.
Each room has been designed with attention to detail and inimitable style to make your stay with us as unique and comfortable as possible. All rooms feature a king-sized bed and Noble Isle toiletries.
The suites interiors combine characterful architecture, beautiful wooden antique furniture, and carefully kept period pieces, creating attractive British decor in this classical English-style House.
The Crooked Swan is also a very popular pub producing excellent food and local drinks.
Surrounded by greenery and countryside, this charming hotel sits in a beautiful location where outdoor activities are aplenty.
Guests will be able to enjoy a variety of outdoor excursions and visits to nearby small towns and villages such as Sherborne and Hinton St. George, as well as being within easy reach of the beautiful city of Dorchester.
The Jurassic Coast, a 95-mile long stretch of coastline in southern England, is only 25 minutes away. It is a UNESCO World Heritage Site recognised for its outstanding rocks, fossils and landforms. As such, Lyme Regis, West Bay and Burton Bradstock are all easily accessible.
Essentially, The Crooked Swan is perfect staging post for you to enjoy the best of what South Somerset, Devon and Dorset have to offer.
**Each suite is unique and the photos here are representative of the rooms we have but may not necessarily be of the room you will be staying in.**
Boutique Hotel with 1 level
1 bedroom, 1 bath, 350 square feet, 33 square meters
2 guests maximum
1 hour 20 minutes drive
Lovely town views with green hills beyond
No Pets Allowed
Not Handicap Accessible
A superb breakfast is available for £15 a head
Activities of Interest
- Crewkerne Farmers' Market (4 mins drive) The Crewkerne Farmers' Markets are held on the third Saturday of each month in this traditional market town.
- Bincombe Beeches Nature Reserve (4 mins drive) It's a local nature reserve of woodland, scrub and meadow that's a haven to wildlife.
- Cricket St Thomas Golf Club (7 mins drive) provides members and visitors alike the chance to play on a beautiful parkland course with outstanding views across the surrounding landscape.
Places of Interest
- St Michael's Hill (20 mins drive) St Michael's Hill affords breathtaking views over the village of Montacute and the serene Somerset countryside.
- Dillington House (16 mins drive) The beautiful house is set amongst historic parkland and gardens and a delightful place to visit.
- Sutton Bingham reservoir (23 mins drive) Built in 1955 Sutton Bingham reservoir is managed by Wessex Water. It's a popular fishing and walking destination and a pretty spot for a stop off while riding around central Dorset.
- Dorchester (39 mins drive) With its elegant 18th century houses, broad walks and bustling shopping streets, Dorchester has much to offer the visitor.