Château de Monferrier
Built in 1611, the chateau of classical proportions and symmetry and one of the most beautiful in its area, has been completely renovated to high standards and furnished with a mix of French and contemporary pieces with all modern conveniences. Entrance is via an avenue of trees through stately cast iron gates into a chateau full of light and airy spaces. Magnificent chandeliers light the public areas within. Almost every room has its own fireplace. The kitchen has been equipped with the best appliances fit for a gourmet chef. The outdoors eating and relaxing area overlooks the large pool which is sited on the side of a small hill with lovely views of the countryside.
A manager will be in place to show guests how to use the facilities at the chateau as well as organise cleaners to keep the chateau in good condition.
The chateau is not appropriate for babies or children under the age of 10 years. There are no cribs or high chairs provided and the owner reserves the right to refuse reservations by members bringing babies or children under the age of 10 years.
Estate with 3 levels
7 bedrooms, 6 baths, 9000 square feet, 837 square meters
King, King, King, Twin, Twin, Twin, and Other
10 guests maximum
Bergerac or Brive de Gaillarde
45 minutes by car
Being situated on a small rise, the chateau has views over the Dordogne countryside.
No Pets Allowed
Not Handicap Accessible
View All Amenities
Please note that additional fee/s will be required and directly paid to the Host, as following:
*€50 per night (mandatory) for any stay during the 6 months from May until October for heating the pool.
* €100 per night (optional) at anytime if the Guests wish to use the central heating.
- Guests are free to use the freestanding electrical heaters if they do not want to use the central heating. This may not be sufficient during the colder months.
- The pool is closed for the 6 months from November till April as the weather is too cool to be swimming outside in the Dordogne.
- There are fans in every bedroom for cooling.
Activities of Interest
- Wine Country
Places of Interest
- Medieval towns of Perigueux and Sarlat which are full of markets and other gastronomical delights
- Magnificent chateaux dotted around the countryside
- Caves and prehistoric sites of the Cro-Magnon man
Julie LangeApril 2022
We “loved the dream” for 2 wonderful weeks. The chateau has everything we needed. First week was cold but they had some electric heaters. Fireplaces were not to be used. The walks in areas by chateau were magical. The history and sites within 40 minutes are endless!!! We and our friends loved our time at chateau de monferrier!!!!”
I cannot even begin to describe how truly magical this beautiful home and part of France is. We totally enjoyed our visit. At the Chateau owners' recommendation, we had a chef prepare a full French dinner one evening and enjoyed a special night staying in. Compliments to all who lovingly renovated this breathtaking property. It is truly stunning.”