Open & Airy Ocean View Home w/Cats!
Open and Airy Ocean View Home w/Cats
***Important - This home has three resident cats. You MUST be okay with cats and be willing to feed and water them while staying at this home! One cat is an indoor cat, the other two love to hang out on the lanai. This home is not appropriate for children under 8 years old.
Nestled in the heart of the lush jungle surroundings of (very!) remote Hana, Maui, Hawaii, this private residence offers an unforgettable vacation experience. Located in a charming rural area, the property provides a secluded retreat for those seeking tranquility and breathtaking natural beauty. Guests are greeted with sweeping ocean and mountain views, immersing them in the mesmerizing landscapes of Hana.
The one-level residence boasts 2 bedrooms and 2 baths, spanning an expansive 3900 square feet on 20 acres. The master bedroom features a luxurious king-sized bed, while the second bedroom offers a comfortable queen-sized bed. The house accommodates a maximum of 4 guests. Our home is not suitable for children under eight years of age.
Entertainment options abound within the property, including an extra large projection screen TV, and a ping pong table for friendly competitions. The entertainment system is equipped with satellite/cable, a smart speaker, streaming services, and Surround Sound for a truly immersive experience.
For those who appreciate culinary delights, the chef's kitchen is equipped with modern appliances, including an espresso machine, kettle and French press. After a day of exploration, guests can unwind in the sauna. The grill and huge lanai (patio) area invite guests to savor delicious meals while enjoying the serenity of the surroundings. Tropical seasonal fruits and citrus may be be available from the property for your enjoyment.
Additional amenities include a washer and dryer for added convenience, covered parking to protect your vehicle, and high-speed internet to stay connected with the outside world. The master bedroom is equipped with a WaterRower and Pelaton bike. The property's privacy is enhanced by its jungle surroundings, providing a unique and tranquil escape.
The property boasts three cats: two outdoor only cats, one of which is quite shy and the other playful, and one adorable indoor/outdoor cat who is the princess of the property. As such, cat lovers are a must. Guests are asked to feed the cats 2x daily. Cuddle time is up to the individual.
There will typically be some level of landscaping and maintenance activity necessary during your stay, but that will be largely invisible at the house. Our property manager Jason, is a very easy going fellow, and can work with you to maximize the enjoyment of your stay at the house and the region!
This Hana retreat offers an idyllic blend of luxury, nature, and seclusion for an unforgettable vacation experience. Note that Hana is the antithesis to the over-touristed, shopping center / condo / resort ‘other side’ of Maui. Self-made Mai Tai’s on the lanai? Have at it! Mai Tai’s on the beach delivered by a waiter? Haha…not available!
Private Residence with 1 level
2 bedrooms, 2 baths, 3900 square feet, 363 square meters
King and Queen
4 guests maximum
Hana Airport (HNM) 25 minutes by car, Kahului Airport (OGG) 2 hours 30 minutes by car
Sweeping ocean and mountain views. Property is situated on 20 acres surrounded by jungle, and very very private. The area is extremly rural.
No Pets Allowed
Not Handicap Accessible
***Important - This home has three resident cats. You MUST be okay with cats and be willing to feed and water them while staying at this home! One of the cats is an indoor cat, she is blind in one eye.
No children under 8 years old allowed at the home.
Activities of Interest
- Wildlife Viewing
- Kayaking, Paddle-boarding
Places of Interest
- Hana Lava Tube — Created by underground lava rivers, this rocky tube provides a cave trail with educational info
- Kaihalulu Beach — Isolated & compact beaches, accessed via a steep hiking trail, with distinctive dark-red sand
- Kahanu Garden, National Tropical Botanical Garden — Garden & forest site with an early manmade lava rock structure that's a national treasure
- Black Sand Beach — This small black-sand beach in a cove in Waianapanapa State Park features a lava tube & more
- Waiʻānapanapa State Park — Coastal park featuring black lava sand, tidal caves & native plants also has cabins for rent
- Wailua Falls — Iconic, popular 80-ft. waterfall off a highway with a modest parking lot & a swimming pond
- Hāna Farms Roadside Stand, Pizza Oven and Bakery — Enjoy shopping, dining, and exploring in this beloved tropical farm and marketplace
- Garden of Eden Arboretum — Lush botanical gardens set on 26 acres, with trails, picnic spots, waterfalls & coastal views
- Hana Bay Beach Park — Waterfront park with a black sand beach, picnic tables, BBQ grills & restrooms