Swedish Ski Chalet and Lake House
Welcome to our Swedish Lake house!
Just 2 hours from the centre of Stockholm, we are perfectly situated to enjoy all of the summer and winter pursuits that this beautiful area of Sweden has to offer.
We have spent the last 3 years entirely renovating this house so that it provides a comfortable and peaceful retreat regardless of the season.
On the first floor of the main house there is a master bedroom and a second bedroom with 3 twin beds. There is a lovely family bathroom with a large bath and a separate shower. Also on this level is a reading nook and a TV room. Xbox available for the kids.
Downstairs is very open plan and designed for maximum relaxation whether you have spent the day on the ski fields, hiking the trails or on the water.
The recently finished kitchen is equipped with all of the appliances that you will need. You can choose from a TV or a projector on which to watch your favourite films or shows. Acoustics wise, we have surround sound speakers built into the ceilings.
Large glass doors open up to a fully glassed in deck, with a dinner table, sofas and a gas fireplace to enjoy if the weather does not allow for spending time in the garden.
Above the garage, there are 2 further bedrooms and 1 additional bathroom. Note: This additional sleeping area has not been renovated but it is very suitable as an additional sleeping area. We often have friends and family stay here while we use the main house.
This loft space is not attached to the main house but access is private and above the garage. Below the loft is a bar area with a pool table or table tennis, darts and foosball table.
We spend much of the winter skiing up here and in the summer we have a motorboat for water-skiing and fishing and a kayak which you are welcome to use. Use of the motor boat requires proof of competence as a boat captain and a fee for usage.
If you require house-keeping during your stay, please let us know and we should be able to arrange it for you.
Single Family Home with 2 levels
4 bedrooms, 2 baths, 2500 square feet, 233 square meters
King, Other, King, and 2x Queen
8 guests maximum
1 hour and 45 mins by car
The lake Viggen
No Pets Allowed
Not Handicap Accessible
View All Amenities
Activities of Interest
- Snow Skiing
- Lunget, in Falun, is a large sport complex and home to the world skiing championship. From a tennis hall, athletics arena and ice rink to ice hockey, cross-country skiing and ski jumping, the offer is immense.
- Uppsala is a beautiful city and it's perfect for a day trip! It has a wide cultural and historical offer: from its pre-historic royal burial mounds at Gamla, Uppsala's Gothic Cathedral and the Museum Gustavianum to Linnaeus Museum and Linnaeus Garden.
Places of Interest
- Romme Alpin Ski Resort features 28 groomed slopes on two peaks for all levels, the highest with a vertical drop of 275 meters. There are several restaurants at the resort, from a waffle house, fondue evenings and a la carte dining.
- Falun, famous for its copper mine nowadays closed, is an important service and industrial city. Perfect for a day trip and offers a wide variety of activities. Visit the Christine Church, the Town Hall, Dalarna Country Museum and the Mining Museum.
- Visit Falun Mine, once the largest copper mine in Europe. There is so much to discover such as The Mine Museum, The Little Train, Great Pit and the World Heritage House.
A fantastic place to relax and chill out.
We had a relaxing and chill out time in this beautiful lake house. We walked a lot and enjoyed immensely swimming in the lake and the great Sauna each evening. We cooked some great meals and the big screen to watch movies was like experiencing a visit to the movies each night. - a real treat. The availability of a small boat added to the experience and actually catching a number of fish was great fun. All in all we had a lovely time ”
Comfortable spacious home
We loved the house at Hedemora, beautiful open plan Swedish home with breath taking views over the lake. Very warm and comfortable, with everything we needed for an enjoyable stay. Our single slight reservation is that the rooms over the garage, particularly the bedrooms, are in a much more homely style than the rooms in the main house, but since there is plenty of space in the house itself for everyone to be together, this is not so important. The nearby Romme Alpin ski resort is a delight.”