Junin de los Andes, Argentina
Located in the north west of Patagonia in the south west corner of Argentina's Neuquén province, Estancia Lanin is nestled in the lower Chimehuín river valley just 20 minutes drive from the Chapelco airport.
Situated on its own 2,000 acre estate, the property is a typical Argentinian ranch built with solid wood and with a rustic feel. It features 2 bedrooms and an open-plan kitchen and diner/lounge with a fantastic fireplace. Views are stunning all the way around. Two couples can comfortably sleep here with the addition of 2 children thanks to the pull-out beds in one the bedrooms (so a family of 4 plus 2 adults)
If seclusion and privacy in a rustic and tranquil setting are what you are after then you will be coming to the right place.
The area is framed by the Chimehuin and Quilquihue rivers, known worldwide for their magnificent gin clear waters and exceptional trout fishing.
For a holiday that will put you back in touch with nature, this is the ideal spot.
Please note this property does not have wifi or air-conditioning but mobile networks and 3G internet signal is available.
Single Family Home with 1 level
2 bedrooms, 1 bath, 1150 square feet, 107 square meters
King and 2x Twin
4 guests maximum
Buenos Aires Airport
Two-hour flight from the downtown airport ( Aeroparque), to the San Martin de los Andes airport (Chapelco) in Patagonia region.
Stunning views over the rugged landscape and the Andes
Activities of Interest
- Wine Country
- Two golf course (Nicklaus and Greg Norman design) are 14 miles away.
- Considered by many to be one of the worlds’ top fly fishing destinations, Tipiliuke, in Northern Patagonia, is home to more than 17 miles of the finest trout waters on the planet (including 9 miles of the wellknown Chimehuín river).
- The Chapelco ski area is one of the best ski resorts in South America, located a short 20 minute drive from the town of San Martín de los Andes (Patagonia). Chapelco offers terrain for all levels of ski ability.
Places of Interest
- After a 30 minute drive you arrive at this mountain village located at the edge of the immense Lacar Lake. Surrounded by indigenous forests San Martín de los Andes has become one of the most important destination towns in all of Patagonia.
- The home is 1 hour drive from Lanín and Nahuel Huapi National Parks (3 hours drive). At Lanín National Park you can visit forests of diverse tree varieties, mainly Fagaceae and conifers such as the lenga and the Araucaria.
- The town of Junin de los Andes famous for trout fishing has several sight too, such as the first post office building, San Martín Square, the parish church, Mary of the Snow and Laura Vicuña’s sanctuary.
- DVD Player
- Outdoor Grill
- iPod Dock Stereo